Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** the last two

Comment

• A few other notes, apologies to Taylor if I share too much.

Garrett in his first year hired a new HC for basketball who led them to back to back conference titles before being hired my Mizzou. Also behind record breaking donations for the school. Recently got an extension paying him $205k.

Pracht is well traveled with a lot of varied experiences that could be valuable. Apparently good at fan engagement and driving revenue.

McGuffin is currently mkaing around $156k but signed an extension that might have given him a bump. Known for fundraising. Been behind some successful money raising campaigns everywhere he's been.

Harrity spent time at Notre Dame where he made a name for himself for fundraising. Was a part of the NCAA Pathway Program to help equip people with the tools to be an effective AD.

Lester has served as interim AD twice at KU. Known for his revenue generation and played a big part in the expansion of their alleged indoor practice facility for what they call a football team and renovations to the fieldhouse. Also spent time at UCon. Probably my least favorite option of the five Taylor named.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        **** the last two
        Despite the KU connection for Harrity, he does sound like a very good option. Of the five, he would be in my top three with Garrett and Pracht.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          **** the last two
          Sounds like a level-headed strategy.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Barry Hinson
            Unrelated to the new article in The Eagle, but perhaps of some interest to folks on the board:

18-year head coaching vet Barry Hinson joins the Three Man Weave Podcast for a roundtable discussion on a variety of topics. The current Oklahoma State staff member gives his takes on NIL, the future of college basketball, and much much more!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Unrelated to the new article in The Eagle, but perhaps of some interest to folks on the board:

18-year head coaching vet Barry Hinson joins the Three Man Weave Podcast for a roundtable discussion on a variety of topics. The current Oklahoma State staff member gives his takes on NIL, the future of college basketball, and much much more!
              Any Barry Hinson reference must include this classic...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I don't care who they hire, although I would give preference to anyone that hasn't had their tongue up the ass of Lawrence every time a position came open there.

That being said, whomever they hire must have the fortitude to remind every current staff member that the status quo and Valley mentality that is still quite prevalent throughout the department is no longer acceptable.

I'm not calling for a purge of the current staff, but things must change for those remaining. Just collecting a paycheck with little accountability isn't going to cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I don't care who they hire, although I would give preference to anyone that hasn't had their tongue up the ass of Lawrence every time a position came open there.

That being said, whomever they hire must have the fortitude to remind every current staff member that the status quo and Valley mentality that is still quite prevalent throughout the department is no longer acceptable.

I'm not calling for a purge of the current staff, but things must change for those remaining. Just collecting a paycheck with little accountability isn't going to cut it.
                  Fricken amen!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I don't care who they hire, although I would give preference to anyone that hasn't had their tongue up the ass of Lawrence every time a position came open there.

I don't have intimate knowledge of what does and doesn't happen. If possible, would you give some examples of how the MVC mentality behavior has played out?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      A few other notes, apologies to Taylor if I share too much.

Garrett in his first year hired a new HC for basketball who led them to back to back conference titles before being hired my Mizzou. Also behind record breaking donations for the school. Recently got an extension paying him $205k.

Pracht is well traveled with a lot of varied experiences that could be valuable. Apparently good at fan engagement and driving revenue.

McGuffin is currently mkaing around $156k but signed an extension that might have given him a bump. Known for fundraising. Been behind some successful money raising campaigns everywhere he's been.

Harrity spent time at Notre Dame where he made a name for himself for fundraising. Was a part of the NCAA Pathway Program to help equip people with the tools to be an effective AD.

Lester has served as interim AD twice at KU. Known for his revenue generation and played a big part in the expansion of their alleged indoor practice facility for what they call a football team and renovations to the fieldhouse. Also spent time at UCon. Probably my least favorite option of the five Taylor named.
                      Pass on Lester…too many poor decisions and shady dealings have happened during his time in Lawrence.

Comment

• Surprised there is no female on the list. I am not saying that is right, wrong or neither but just thought it would happen.

Comment

• Cleveland State does have both men and women’s soccer. They also have fencing (privacy and chain link) and swimming and diving.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Surprised there is no female on the list. I am not saying that is right, wrong or neither but just thought it would happen.
                            I thought that Mariah Chappell from SMU seemed like an intriguing option.

Definitely had the family pedigree and network to help make success easier to achieve.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Of that list, I think Pracht seems like the one I would pursue:

Think what you want about ND, but you can’t deny there success of building a national brand and loyal fan base. Something that WSU is in danger of losing if current trends continue.

You also have to respect that they still place emphasis on the STUDENT part of student-athlete. A lost belief in a majority of major college athletics.

Lastly, their independent spirit is something I think WSU shares in common. Back in the early days of ND football, they kept trying to join what would become the B10, but UofM kept blocking them; they even tried to stop other B10 schools from event playing them. ND eventually, said “fine. You don’t want us, we’ll succeed without out and we will go anywhere and everywhere to do so.” That football independence mindset still lives on today. WSU seemed to have to do the same thing in basketball for a long time. It seems they have gotten fat and lazy since joining the AAC. Would be nice to get some of that back.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Had never heard that ND wanted to join the Big 10

Comment

Working...
                                X