No announcement yet.

Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When all this was first coming down, I asked a friend of mine (a retired WSU prof who was a dept. head and had worked closely with Muma) if Muma had the stones to pull the trigger on Boatright if it came to that. There was no hesitation and a firm "Absolutely" was the response.

Comment

• YES!!! Can't believe this actually happened. Kudos to OGR and Shocker"net" Nation! Woohoo! Some order restored. Now to make the right AD hire. Simple steps in the right direction...

Comment

• Hard to say for sure exactly how much of a factor the Billboard project was. Had to have had some effect.

I wonder if the response they were getting on their SASO and Season ticket renewals may have been a Will Smith slap in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          That was quick. Did he go out and get a DUI?
          I'm guessing the billboards infuriated him enough that he tried to pull some vindictive s#!t that got him fired for cause, or possibly someone in power BOR saw some of the monkey business going on because of the website and made it happen.
          great job everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Hard to say for sure exactly how much of a factor the Billboard project was. Had to have had some effect.

I wonder if the response they were getting on their SASO and Season ticket renewals may have been a Will Smith slap in the face.
            Money talks. Cancellation of tickets, SASO, and major donors likely had him on the thinnest of ice. Once DB became the literal giant face of failure in the community it made his firing too easy. If the big money folks were behind DB he'd still be AD.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'm guessing the billboards infuriated him enough that he tried to pull some vindictive s#!t that got him fired for cause, or possibly someone in power BOR saw some of the monkey business going on because of the website and made it happen.
              great job everyone!
              You don't say...

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Money talks. Cancellation of tickets, SASO, and major donors likely had him on the thinnest of ice. Once DB became the literal giant face of failure in the community it made his firing too easy. If the big money folks were behind DB he'd still be AD.
                Yep, once the smoke clears it usually always comes down to

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                  More to the article is now online at https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...261072242.html

The article is not behind a paywall. If you can't get to it, you either need to clear your browser cookies for the kansas.com web site, use a different browser, or open in incognito or private window.
                  Taylor has been updating his article throughout the day. Among other things, he added a screenshot of the Fire Boatright billboard and the following -

Earlier this week, a crowd-sourced GoFundMe helped buy two billboards in Wichita titled “Save Shocker Sports” featuring Boatright’s picture and a hashtag calling to fire him.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• This is also from Taylor's article -

It also unclear by Muma’s language in the press release — he mentions only there will be a “transition” — if Boatright was fired with or without cause. An email asking for confirmation from a WSU spokesperson was not immediately returned.

If Boatright was terminated for cause, he is only owed the compensation up to the date of termination. If it was without cause, then WSU’s financial obligation is the remaining amount of his base salary through the end of the contract, which will be paid to Boatright within 30 days of the date of termination. There’s also a clause that stipulates that Boatright has the “obligation to minimize the payments due to him” and to make “every reasonable effort to obtain other employment.” If Boatright obtains a new job, then WSU’s pay-outs would be reduced by his new compensation or ceased if it exceeds the compensation owed by WSU.

For those interested in the full contract, here's a link to it that was in Taylor's article back in February - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v6G...JUrbYMs4d/view
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                      I can't even explain the amount of pride and happiness I feel right now. Towards all of you on this board, towards our university, towards our community.

Thank you all, so much from the bottom of my heart. No matter how much I financially donate to WSU in my lifetime, nothing will make me feel that I have contributed as much as this moment right now.

You all are the absolute best. Thank you so much for supporting this.
                      My 250 contribution might have helped but as someone else said: The easy job is throwing money at a worthy cause.

You did the real work here. Well done.

I still have my SASO contribution and 5 ticket renewals laying on my desk. Guess its time to write checks and send them in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                        I can't even explain the amount of pride and happiness I feel right now. Towards all of you on this board, towards our university, towards our community.

Thank you all, so much from the bottom of my heart. No matter how much I financially donate to WSU in my lifetime, nothing will make me feel that I have contributed as much as this moment right now.

You all are the absolute best. Thank you so much for supporting this.
                        I may call you Moses for awhile, Onegreatracer

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Bob Lutz @boblutz

Darron Boatright made a lot of difficult decisions during his tenure at Wichita State. There were some choppy waters. But he did not deserve to be fired right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Bob Lutz @boblutz

Darron Boatright made a lot of difficult decisions during his tenure at Wichita State. There were some choppy waters. But he did not deserve to be fired right now.
                            Kinda makes one feel better about the decision to terminate

Comment

• Doing a phone interview with KSN now. Tune in at 5 and 6 PM tonight!
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Guessing this is why he was fired:

1. Donations are way down
                                2. Ticket renewals are down
                                3. NIL was botched and it's bad press to have basically your entire team leave
                                4. General bad press about WSU and the basektball team
                                5. Billboard - I seriously think this was the final straw
                                And Taylor's deep dive into the NIL situation, where numerous people in the article were stunned WSU didn't come out of the gates blazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X