Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

While I think you are joking, I wonder if this outcry did cause an unacceptable reaction on his part.
    I think u may be on to something. There is something else going on beside the billboard.

Comment

More to the article is now online at https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...261072242.html

The article is not behind a paywall. If you can't get to it, you either need to clear your browser cookies for the kansas.com web site, use a different browser, or open in incognito or private window.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        More to the article is now online at https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...261072242.html
        Very well written with balance to both sides. Well done.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Yeah my money is on DB throwing in the towel, not actually being fired.
          What I meant was some sort of reaction to this that wasn’t conducive to the behavior of a department leader.

Wild guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I know you are cheap but you can subscribe to just the WSU (i.e. the Taylor stories) section for like 5 bucks a month .. well worth supporting Taylor.
            Do you have a link for that?

What I am seeing on the Wichita Eagle website is a Sport Pass for $12.99 per month. May as well by a full digital subscription.

Buy the subscription plan that's right for you at the lowest prices! Don't miss discounted newspaper delivery deals & exclusive digital access offers.

Comment

What I meant was some sort of reaction to this that wasn’t conducive to the behavior of a department leader.

Wild guess.
              We'll know more if he has to go to court to attempt to collect the rest of his contract.

Comment

I think 1 and 2 with direct comments around not renewing due to DB are key too
                ... and the 'two page' letter from SHOXAAC (and others) might have been a factor... when you don't renew season tickets after having them since 1965 tends to get people's attention.
                Last edited by WstateU; May 4, 2022, 12:33 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Well orchestrated effort SSS!! I’m thrilled the door has opened to changing the trajectory of the athletic department. I have very low/no confidence in Muma’s ability to head up an AD search and get it right. This needs to be handled by savvy business people who are passionate about Shocker sports, not a slug that would rather be under a rock. WSU needs a forward-thinking visionary who is transparent and aggressive to creating the best venues, training facilities and fan atmospheres we can. Start with basketball weight training and Wilkins and go from there. Let’s Go!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Do you have a link for that?

What I am seeing on the Wichita Eagle website is a Sport Pass for $12.99 per month. May as well by a full digital subscription.

https://mycheckout.kansas.com/
                    I just looked and that's the same title as the subscription I have for 5.99... they must have realized the only useful thing in the eagle is Taylor and jacked the price up.

Comment

Shoutout from the KWCH web site - Wichita State fires athletic director Darron Boatright - https://www.kwch.com/2022/05/04/wich...ron-boatright/

Recently, a group called Save Shocker Sports purchased billboard advertising calling for Boatright’s firing. The group claimed Boatright and other members of the administration had “fallen behind on a number of things - (name, image, likeness) deals, athletic department transparency, facilities, and fundraising to name a few.”
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                        Well orchestrated effort SSS!! I’m thrilled the door has opened to changing the trajectory of the athletic department. I have very low/no confidence in Muma’s ability to head up an AD search and get it right. This needs to be handled by savvy business people who are passionate about Shocker sports, not a slug that would rather be under a rock. WSU needs a forward-thinking visionary who is transparent and aggressive to creating the best venues, training facilities and fan atmospheres we can. Start with basketball weight training and Wilkins and go from there. Let’s Go!
                        I've said I'll wait to judge Muma and firing DB helps his status. I'm hoping that he's smart enough to utilize people around him and in the community to assist with the next hiring. Everything you said about what the next AD needs to be is accurate.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          I can't even explain the amount of pride and happiness I feel right now. Towards all of you on this board, towards our university, towards our community.

Thank you all, so much from the bottom of my heart. No matter how much I financially donate to WSU in my lifetime, nothing will make me feel that I have contributed as much as this moment right now.

You all are the absolute best. Thank you so much for supporting this.
                          OGR for AD!!!!

Comment

Soccer now please.

Comment

I just looked and that's the same title as the subscription I have for 5.99... they must have realized the only useful thing in the eagle is Taylor and jacked the price up.
                              Private browsing is free
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Soccer now please.
                                I thought of you when I saw this today:

Comment

Working...
                                X