Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muma needs to learn a lesson from this.

Be a public figure and transparent.

Don’t hide behind your desk and canned press releases.

BE A LEADER!!!
    The Assman

Comment

Billboards WORK!!! Lol to the Lol!!! Great job Onegreatacer and fellow ShockerNetters!!!!! Well done!!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm guessing that there has been other irons in this fire (from influential donors) for a while now, building up, and then this billboard hit.
        That is what I was thinking as well. But a good chance the Billboard was the catalyst for the trigger to be pulled.

Comment

Yipes,stripes, beechnut gum WstateU!!!!!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
            Makes me wonder if Boatright being pissed and threatening legal action actually came after he was told he is being let go. And that was just him lashing out personally
            I did notice the WichitaStateAD twitter account has been active as of May 1 after having last posted on May 23, 2021, so I wonder if he was given some things to do or be fired, such as be more visible in social media, or if a change was in place already and someone else had taken over the twitter account already.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Guessing this is why he was fired:

1. Donations are way down
              2. Ticket renewals are down
              3. NIL was botched and it's bad press to have basically your entire team leave
              4. General bad press about WSU and the basektball team
              5. Billboard - I seriously think this was the final straw

Comment

I had heard generic rumblings long before this about reassignment but luckily it didn’t come to that.

Comment

OneGreatRacer needs to make a shirt with his handle on it so he never has to buy his own drinks again
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    I know nothing but you wonder if this billboard caused a reaction by him in some way, shape or form that was the final straw
                    Yeah my money is on DB throwing in the towel, not actually being fired.

Comment

For a replacement, I believe there's a guy already under contract, but not currently working at WSU, who might be interested in the job now that Boatright is gone. It would essentially be a no cost AD for about 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        Guessing this is why he was fired:

1. Donations are way down
                        2. Ticket renewals are down
                        3. NIL was botched and it's bad press to have basically your entire team leave
                        4. General bad press about WSU and the basektball team
                        5. Billboard - I seriously think this was the final straw
                        I think 1 and 2 with direct comments around not renewing due to DB are key too

Comment

Albrecht might be reaching out to you on Twitter Onegreatracer
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Yeah my money is on DB throwing in the towel, not actually being fired.
                            Eldridge's headline contains the word "Fired".

Comment

does anyone remember what jim schaus always used to say with a fist pump?

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                                does anyone remember what jim schaus always used to say with a fist pump?
                                F Creighton?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X