No announcement yet.

Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power of the internet. If you want someone fired either put billboards up or Fly banners over football stadiums lol
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      That story is only 10 minutes old.
      I'm guessing that there has been other irons in this fire (from influential donors) for a while now, building up, and then this billboard hit.

Comment

I vote onegreatracer as next AD lol
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I can't even explain the amount of pride and happiness I feel right now. Towards all of you on this board, towards our university, towards our community.

Thank you all, so much from the bottom of my heart. No matter how much I financially donate to WSU in my lifetime, nothing will make me feel that I have contributed as much as this moment right now.

You all are the absolute best. Thank you so much for supporting this.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

While I think you are joking, I wonder if this outcry did cause an unacceptable reaction on his part.
            Guaranteed.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

im 95% sure with no billboard there would have been no change.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The highlighting of the lack of proactivity regarding NIL was the nail in the coffin, in my opinion. Every other athletic department in a conference like or above ours in the college athletics power structure had a plan in place. We did not. That falls on DB. Completely.

The point that shoxlax makes is certainly possible as well. I would imagine it didn’t help, at the very least.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                  I can't even explain the amount of pride and happiness I feel right now. Towards all of you on this board, towards our university, towards our community.

Thank you all, so much from the bottom of my heart. No matter how much I financially donate to WSU in my lifetime, nothing will make me feel that I have contributed as much as this moment right now.

You the MVP in all of this, man. Great job putting together the billboard effort.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

This is amazing! This next hire may be the most critical hire in the history of the athletic department.

How can this go, in 24 hours from threatening legal action over a fire Boatright billboard, to firing Boatright??? Unreal!

Comment

Lifetime achievement award for onegreatracer!

Seriously though, I thought people were joking about this at first.

Comment

The easy job is throwing money at a worthy cause.

You did the real work here. Well done.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Great job man. I have zero doubt the billboard contributed greatly to this.

Comment

Remind me not to ever get on the bad side of Onegreatracer .

Comment

Makes me wonder if Boatright being pissed and threatening legal action actually came after he was told he is being let go. And that was just him lashing out personally

Comment

without this discussion on this message board, there is no inquiry by Taylor Eldridge and everything stays status quo. The billboard made it real to WSU, not just message board talk. Frustrating that they can't be more proactive and less reactive, but a change was needed and it's now happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X