Done Supporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
    Anybody remember the meet and greet for Eddie Folger at the Canterbury Inn when he was first hired? It was an unforgettable night if you attended.
    I was walking from Fairmont Towers to class and Eddie Fogler almost ran me over in the parking lot by the basketball stadium. This was after he accepted the job to Vanderbilt and was leaving campus.

Comment

I remember a Fogler welcome event where Dean Smith came and met people. I was thinking it was at Crown Uptown of all places, but maybe it was Canterbury?
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
        Coach Folger had been celebrating being hired and showed up a little late. He was really pretty smashed, slurring his words and dropping F bombs like a crazy. Who the F’ing Shox we’re going to beat, how F’ing bad we’re going to F’ing beat them. Initially everyone was caught off guard but the longer he talked the more fired up us Shocker fans got. Classic fun night I won’t forget. Got a standing O after he was done talking!
        How many times did he say idear? He definitely had a North Carolina (east coast) dialect and accent.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

WSU hired Scott Thompson instead of John Calipari and then hired Randy Smithson instead of Bill Self. I know hindsight is 20/20, but...

JC wanted the job too?

Man, has WSU had some real swing-and-miss decisions…
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

The only easy comparison is that Thompson, Cohen and IB are very nice people. IB to be determined on the results but, uh, well, we shall see. IB definitely inherited a much better situation in that he had a program with cache and had good pieces. On the flip side, immediately following a dynamic coach is just a tough spot to be in. But you take the good with the bad and roll with it.
            They are all nice people, and both Cohen and Thompson were viewed by BIG money donors as very boring people who lacked charisma. Like it or not, donations are up or down according to the charisma of the head coach. GM was always commanded the stage, and was in command of any room he was in. I think Greg Heiar, Steve Forbes, and Chris Jans have some skills in this area too.

Darron Boatright was lacking in charisma and the fact that he failed to see Brown lacked in these skills or perhaps he just didn’t see the importance in charismatic skills in a head coach, and go looking for a coach with those skills. That is telling.

Comment

Is Randy still driving the school bus?

Comment

I would or will have no issue if anyone is driving a school bus. Anyone who works deserves support and praise.

Comment

I was a student at WSU in 1970 when baseball was canceled. I tried out for football and had I made the team could have on one of the planes. I was in the stands at the end of football. I live for Shocker basketball and softball. I can't stand the thought of losing another sport, but IB scares me. Wichita loves winners and support drops for losers.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Good read. It's hilarious how they mention Valvano would be under the spotlight because of his past allegations...but 2 of the 3 other coaches listed were Calipari (noted cheater) and Neil McCarthy who was fired for a huge academic scandal. I guess we went with the safe pick.
                    I think valvano was about to sign when he found out he had cancer

Comment

One example of why I’ll continue my support…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        One example of why I’ll continue my support…

Kenny's hair looks much better.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Kenny's hair looks much better.
                          But now they have to list him as 6-9 instead of 6-11

Comment

Awesome work, these gentlemen are representing wsu well

Comment

Very cool! Love seeing this type of stuff from the players.

Comment

Working...
                              X