Colby Rogers is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Be prepared for him to transfer at the end of this season to a school that needs a shooter, get the waiver from WSU and play right away.

Get ready for it to happen, and don't be mad when it does.
    Yeah, the Shox giving him a waiver next year would pizz me off

Comment

Be prepared for him to transfer at the end of this season to a school that needs a shooter, get the waiver from WSU and play right away.

We got a great players coach.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That is always an option and could very well happen but the young man knew this could happen and HCIB told him he was still willing to take him in that event. The young man decided to come here and as he put it if he couldn't play he would spend the year working on his game.. I am trusting in most things and if someone tells me he is going to do something then I believe him. I have no reason to doubt what he says and trust that he will indeed be a Shocker next year.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Yeah, the Shox giving him a waiver next year would pizz me off
          I hear you. But, I hope if that happens they sign the waiver and move on. No sense in prolonging the suffering of everyone and holding a grudge. If he doesn't want to be a Shocker, what is the point in making it agonizing? Do you really want a disgruntled player to stay on your team???

Comment

I agree that Sienna has the right not to sign off on the wavier; he wasn’t run off. It’s a stupid rule, but based on how it was designed CR’s transfer was defiantly does not because he was “run off” so he really has no case for an appeal.

Having said that, after the TA experience, it is annoying AF that WSU seem to be batting .000 at getting impact players cleared on appeals by the NCAA and all WSU’s ex-players play and thrive right way.

I think it should be a one time free transfer (except in-conference). After that, you are required to sit a year.
            The Assman

Comment

I'm sure there is a simple answer I'm missing, but why should a school be allowed to NOT sign a waiver after a certain date just prior to the start of the semester or official start of practice, whichever is first? The current school should have to declare. By not signing by that date, the school loses that scholarship, even if he does not play or stay. Then it is up to the new school on whether they want to give him a scholarship knowing beforehand that he cannot play that year. Since he cannot play at the new school, their scholarship does not count against their total since it is after the previous school deadline to declare. I just think the air needs to be cleared prior to the start of the semester.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We got a great players coach.
                Great?

Comment

A fairly simple solution is to create a "run" pool in addition to the transfer portal. Only coaches can place players in the "run" portal. Then the transfer portal is cleaned up because whether a player was run is determined as they enter one of the two portals.

Then there is strict enforcement on the transfer portal and players know it when they enter. Just create a mechanism where coaches can put a player on waivers and other schools can recruit them.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Better yet, you have to have a signed release BEFORE entering the portal. No signature from the school the date you enter means you aren't playing the following year (unless first year transfer).

Then the school that selects a player knows exactly what they are getting up front and the original school can't sign a release based on what school selects the kid (because they have no clue who will take them prior to entering the portal).

Few schools will sign the release so the transfer portal will slow down a little.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Why? Because they followed the rules? If people want the merry-go-round of transfers to slow down, more schools should be like this and not sign run-off waivers for players that weren't run off.
                      There are no rules. As rothstein says on Twitter everyday, they hand out waivers like candy. Siena gains absolutely nothing by blocking him… except getting a bad rep in recruiting circles.

Comment

• All these transfers.......

Instead of setting up the 5 hats on the table in front of the local media, family and friends to announce thier BIG display of which university they decide to attend.....they should simply have one hat on the table that reads NIL.

The 5-stars can just have one hat that says 1st Round.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

There are no rules. As rothstein says on Twitter everyday, they hand out waivers like candy. Siena gains absolutely nothing by blocking him… except getting a bad rep in recruiting circles.
                          Siena loses, WSU loses, and Rogers loses. I wonder what would have happened if a player says: "OK, you win. I'm coming back". Would the school be obligated to the scholarship? Should be. A school shouldn't be allowed to block AND take away a scholarship. Of course, they wouldn't want that player back on the team. The "new" school should not be obligated, particularly in this atmosphere where the player may bolt again and never play for the new school.

Some sound rules could get rid of all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            A fairly simple solution is to create a "run" pool in addition to the transfer portal. Only coaches can place players in the "run" portal. Then the transfer portal is cleaned up because whether a player was run is determined as they enter one of the two portals.

Then there is strict enforcement on the transfer portal and players know it when they enter. Just create a mechanism where coaches can put a player on waivers and other schools can recruit them.
                            That just makes too damn much sense for an NCAA rule. Please complicate for approval.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Siena loses, WSU loses, and Rogers loses. I wonder what would have happened if a player says: "OK, you win. I'm coming back". Would the school be obligated to the scholarship? Should be. A school shouldn't be allowed to block AND take away a scholarship. Of course, they wouldn't want that player back on the team. The "new" school should not be obligated, particularly in this atmosphere where the player may bolt again and never play for the new school.

Some sound rules could get rid of all this.
                              Then you have a player who is disgruntled and is at a place he really doesn't want to be. Is that really what the Siena coach wanted?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Then you have a player who is disgruntled and is at a place he really doesn't want to be. Is that really what the Siena coach wanted?
                                You got it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X