Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on here hasn't watched a single NCAA game since we lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched several, I love B-Ball
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Watching all of them. You'll never know what you may miss.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        I could care less now.
        How much less could you care?

Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Who wouldn't watch the tournament? It is the best sporting event in the world. Ever. You're cheating yourself if you boycott the tournament just because the Shocks lost. If the Shocks weren't invited in the first place, would you watch?

I know I've watched a bunch of games and have enjoyed the heck out if them. I wouldn't cheat myself just because WSU lost. If you haven't, you must not appreciate college basketball.

--'85.
          Agreed. I don't work the first couple rounds of the tournament. It's a tradition i'll continue with my friends for years on end. I've spent nearly the first four days on the couch outside of a handful of hours on St. Patrick's Day. It's one of the greatest sporting events. When I have a team lose in the NFL or NBA playoffs, I'll still watch.
          ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
          www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

It's been the same, however I will say I have paid more attention to the NIT games this year. Winning the NIT Championship, I guess, has made me appreciate it more and how difficult it is to go on a 5 game winning streak against good teams. Teams in which are still better than any 13, 14, 15 and 16 seed in the NCAA Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              If the following lifespan calculator included questions like, "are you a Shocker basketball fan", you would immediately receive a 5-year reduction in life expectancy.
              Classic! And oooohhh so true!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                Watching all of them. You'll never know what you may miss.
                The thing is with the wall-to-wall sports coverage in this day and age it is really hard to miss the highlights from any major sporting event even if you try to.

Comment

As I said above, I have no interest in watching at this point and don't plan to do so. But I did read in a recap of the VCU-Indiana game that Bradford Burgess missed two clutch FTs that could have given VCU a comfortable lead with about a minute to go, at which point I wondered, where was that guy when he got open to launch his game-changing three vs. the Shocks? He's just as open at the foul line and several feet closer, but against Indiana he couldn't deliver after doing so against WSU?

Apparently last Thursday just wasn't meant to be WSU's day.

Comment

I haven't watch any full games since we lost. I have watched bits and pieces of games and have the games on as background noise. I may start paying more attention with the sweet sixteen or the elite eight.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      I completely lost interest. I could care less now.
                      this

Comment

To me, it's just a difference of whether you are a fan of a particular sport, or if you are a fan of a particular team. Real sports fans will still watch after their team is eliminated. fairweather sports fans: when their team is gone, so are they. It seems we have more fairweather sports fans on this board than we do real sports fans. To me that is sad. You either watch the sport or you don't watch at all. Personally, I'll watch all levels of basketball from NBA, WNBA, college, high school, and even MAYB if i have to, because I love the sport. Some of the people honestly don't have time, and have to make time to even watch a shocker game. I can understand that, but for the ones that do have the time, but choose not to watch after their team is eliminated, those are the people I don't get. To each their own I guess, but my opinion is, don't watch a sport just for one team and never watch if that team isn't playing. you're either a fan of the game, or you're not and if you're not, don't watch at all. OK that's my rant for the day. Back to watching the SWEET SIXTEEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                          To me, it's just a difference of whether you are a fan of a particular sport, or if you are a fan of a particular team. Real sports fans will still watch after their team is eliminated. fairweather sports fans: when their team is gone, so are they. It seems we have more fairweather sports fans on this board than we do real sports fans. To me that is sad. You either watch the sport or you don't watch at all. Personally, I'll watch all levels of basketball from NBA, WNBA, college, high school, and even MAYB if i have to, because I love the sport. Some of the people honestly don't have time, and have to make time to even watch a shocker game. I can understand that, but for the ones that do have the time, but choose not to watch after their team is eliminated, those are the people I don't get. To each their own I guess, but my opinion is, don't watch a sport just for one team and never watch if that team isn't playing. you're either a fan of the game, or you're not and if you're not, don't watch at all. OK that's my rant for the day. Back to watching the SWEET SIXTEEN!!!
                          My problem is that I am a baseball fan not a basketball fan at all. I follow the Shockers in all sports. But once the Shocks are done it is hard for me to keep interested because I really don't care that much for basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                            I think that this is a ridiculous over-generalization. I watch a lot of sports, basketball, baseball, football, soccer. I watch both college and pro. I watch both men's and women's. I haven't watched much of the NCAAs after WSU lost not because I am not a sports fan, but because I am too emotionally invested (probably too much so) in WSU that watching the tourney brings up too many reminders of what might have been for me.

In fact, I have watched less of the NCAAs this year than I normally would in a year when WSU wasn't in the tourney, because my lack of desire to watch the games is not about a lack of interest in non-WSU games, but about the emotional toll of being disappointed WSU isn't still in it.

Furthermore, even though I certainly watch a lot of sports where I don't have a deep rooting interest, I think that it absolutely makes sense for people to only be interested in a sport in so far as their team is participating. While some can enjoy the technical exhibition of sports, I think most of us understand that sports are far, far more interesting to watch when you have a rooting interest at stake. I don't find it surprising that there are people who enjoy watching sports when they have a rooting interest, but find it less enjoyable to watch without one.

To deny the opportunity for fans to legitimately enjoy their team without enjoying the whole sport is like saying someone can't be a music lover if they don't like listening to every band and genre, but instead only listen to a smaller selection of music. While there are certainly going to be people so interested in music that they appreciate a wide range of styles and enjoy the technical merit of music that is not their favorite style, there is no reason to denigrate someone's appreciation of a particular band or genre just because they don't listen to everything else as well.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What TMH said. Plus, I finally have more time for other things. WSU basketball, and basketball in general, take up a lot of my wintet
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I watched the Shox game again and turned it off after Murry made the go ahead 3 pointer. I slept good that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X