Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on here hasn't watched a single NCAA game since we lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    The one thread I created got deleted because the title was a bad word. I was too angry and disappointed to come on here and vent properly. I care too much. It isn't healthy.

T

...:cool:
    Welcome back.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Welcome back.
      It's hard to get back into the swing of things. I've been banned for years on here. Valleytalk is no more. I'm out of practice when it comes to expressing my basketball feelings onto a message board. Right now I pretty much just want to curse.

T

...:cool:

Comment

[QUOTE=C0|dB|00ded;314369]It's hard to get back into the swing of things. I've been banned for years on here. Valleytalk is no more. I'm out of practice when it comes to expressing my basketball feelings onto a message board. Right now I pretty much just want to curse.

I feel your pain, I know a few Shockers who also took it hard. I felt as if Im going through a breakup with a girlfriend or something. I did loose alot of interest, but I got really drunk that night, rode my bike around some hills here in Highlands Ranch, probably almost crashed and died lol but it seemed to help a little. I havent had this much pain as a fan probably ever. Would have been less of a bitter pill to swallow had we won a game or two. HATE loosing and loosing to Shaka. Hopefully we can keep coach, keep the recuits and have the baseball team make a run in the CWS and Ill feel a little better.

Still rough though. I was worried the 06 team would be nervous, never thought this team would...

Comment

I have not watched after Shockers.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

At least I still had FSU as a backup.

Whoops ...
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Ive watched other games but its been hard. Probably didnt watch a full game until the sCUm game. Its hard when you care so much for a team and a program and they fall flat at the wrong time.

Comment

Watched parts of Kraytun and part of one other.

Comment

I went and ran forty miles through the Ozarks so I missed the other games and I would have had to have followed the Shocks via my phone or ESPN radio on SiriusXM. The run was, as always cathartic. On to next season...

Go Shocks!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

@AndShock: talked me into watching the end of the Norfolk game at work. But outside of that, nothing. I guess I did see some of the KU game with Detroit when I went over to my girlfriends parents house to pick something up. But only because they had it on.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Watched the Lehigh and Norfolk st game, and it actually made me feel a little better lol
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Shocker fans are a rare breed. We have been loyal and have lived through enormous ups and downs. I’ll admit the loss to VCU has taken me longer to recover than I originally thought. I’ve made myself watch games and have enjoyed some of the upsets. The 2012 NCAA tournament fail will go down as one of the ultimate “shoulda, woulda, coulda’s” in Shocker history. After watching a lot of NCAA basketball the past 10 days, I have no doubt this team had the tools to challenge for a berth in the Final Four. There are only a handful of teams remaining that have more talent than we had. With nothing to lose, I believe we could have eliminated Kentucky from the tournament. Oh well, life goes on.

If the following lifespan calculator included questions like, "are you a Shocker basketball fan", you would immediately receive a 5-year reduction in life expectancy.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I have still been watching. I'm a college basketball fan no matter who is playing. I don't just watch when my favorite team is playing, as it sounds like some of you do. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not me. I haven't watched any full games though, I just do the channel surfing thing and watch parts of whichever game looks interesting to me. Yea I'm upset that WSU lost, but it's not the end of the world. I had them picked to lose to Kentucky anyways, and possibly even Indiana. I knew we were screwed when we got matched up against VCU. No matter how biased the selection committee is though, I still watch.

Comment

You have some time to watch, shockerfannas. Due to my schedule, I didn't even watch the second half of the Shockers' game. Certainly I don't have time to watch any other game.
                            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Who wouldn't watch the tournament? It is the best sporting event in the world. Ever. You're cheating yourself if you boycott the tournament just because the Shocks lost. If the Shocks weren't invited in the first place, would you watch?

I know I've watched a bunch of games and have enjoyed the heck out if them. I wouldn't cheat myself just because WSU lost. If you haven't, you must not appreciate college basketball.

--'85.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                                Who wouldn't watch the tournament? It is the best sporting event in the world. Ever. You're cheating yourself if you boycott the tournament just because the Shocks lost. If the Shocks weren't invited in the first place, would you watch?

I know I've watched a bunch of games and have enjoyed the heck out if them. I wouldn't cheat myself just because WSU lost. If you haven't, you must not appreciate college basketball.

--'85.
                                To be honest, when WSU isn't invited, I don't watch much of it. Maybe a team or two that might catch my interest, but for the most part, I've moved onto baseball and following recruiting at this point.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X