OUR SHOCKER'S SEASON IN RETROSPECT AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR BRIGHT FUTURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    The more I watch these upsets, the more excited I get about our team next Season. Yes, we lose 5 very solid Seniors. However, we return some solid players, 3 redshirts that may be our best collective reshirts ever, and a banner recruiting class that is not necessarily over with yet. Can a mix of 10-13 solid players of Returnees, Juco's, Transfers, and solid Frosh be the 'guargantuan reload" we need to keep this Shocker turnip truck moving forward? You would think it would take another extra Season beyond next Season to accomplish? Or not? Hmmmm. Rosewood is back in the house, so don't be settling for stale nachos. Likewise, alot of questions arise on just how quick all of these new solid players can adapt and help us be consistent enough to have another formidable Season.
    Watching the poor shooting in person was tough. WSU played best when the team looked POed. I think nerves got them. Of well, onward and upward.

For next year, we have:

SENIORS:
    Centers (5):
    #22 Carl Hall, (6'8", 233 lb.)
    #21 Ehimen Orukpe (7'0", 251 lb.)

Forwards (3 & 4):
    #4 James Anacreon (6'7", 205 lb.)

Guards (1 & 2):
    #5 Demetric Williams (6'2", 177 lb.)
    #2 Malcolm Armstead (6'0", 205 lb.)

Add in the recruits plus #31 Ron Baker, #32 Tekele Cotton, #11 Joe Mitchell, #3 Evan Wessel, #50 Jake White and #15 Randall Vautravers. Plus the "magic" summer JOCO that sometimes arrives. I'm not worried.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      Anybody have a list of all of HCGM's famous quotes?

I know there's this one, and then the one about hamburgers.
      I have been in oblivion for the last two days, after the loss. No contact with the outside world.

When did Coach Marshall utter the "no worry" words? And what was the context?
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        I have been in oblivion for the last two days, after the loss. No contact with the outside world.

When did Coach Marshall utter the "no worry" words? And what was the context?
        At the press conference after the isur loss and a reporter asked him if he was worried about getting an at large bid.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          FSF, you could brighten my day during a nuclear holocaust.
          I'm with you @shoxlax:... I love 'pumpers' like @forevershockerfan:. He gives me hope and makes my day brighter.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Anybody have a list of all of HCGM's famous quotes?

I know there's this one, and then the one about hamburgers.
            My personal favorite:

“Recruiting is like shaving, you miss a day and you look like a bum.”
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Projected starting line up to start the season

PG - Armstead
              SG - Williams
              SF - Cotton / Early
              PF - Early / White
              C - Hall

Key reserves

PG - VanFleet (may start later in the season if Armstead struggles)
              SG - Baker (will see significant minutes no matter which position he plays)
              SF - Green / Wessel
              PF - White / Anacreon
              C - Orupke (probably get 15 minutes a game)

Rest assured, whoever will play defense will get significant minutes

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                My personal favorite:

“Recruiting is like shaving, you miss a day and you look like a bum.”
                YIPES, STRIPES, BEECHNUT GUM!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

At 6'2", I don't think Cotton is going to play the #3 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    No ef'ing way.

I'll say, after losing four seniors last year and five seniors this year, the Shox look surprisingly salty for next year. Orupke, Williams, Hall and Armstead will all see significant minutes (did I forget somebody?). White, for sure, and, apparently, VanVleet are precocious (act experienced beyond their years at the game).. put Early in there.. I don't think that the Shockers will resemble a deer in headlights next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      Put me down as one that thinks that Cotton might start or see some time at the 3. 6-2 is a certainly smaller than we are used to, but he can put it on the floor, shoot a bit, and he is STRONG. Remember the "no F'n way that Smith plays PF" posts? Not my ideal position for Cotton, but we might be guard heavy. It all depends on Early, Hawkins, and Green and if they can guard the wind and are ready to do so in the fall.

Hall at Center with EO backing him up is the ideal center in a 4 in 1 out system next year barring any additional recruits. That leaves White and some Hall at the PF and Early, Hawkins, Green as potential combo-forwards. Wessel, Baker, and Cotton are the potential guard/forward (loosely used) combo guys.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Plus, Cotton has some ups. He can battle.

Comment

Early, hawkins and green are the 3's next year. Cotton is a 1-2. Anacreon may be a 3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Early, hawkins and green are the 3's next year. Cotton is a 1-2. Anacreon may be a 3 as well.
                            Anacreon???
                            Do you really believe Anacreon will be a factor?

Comment

he may be a factor, but I'd be surprised if he's a shocker

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                No ef'ing way.

I'll say, after losing four seniors last year and five seniors this year, the Shox look surprisingly salty for next year. Orupke, Williams, Hall and Armstead will all see significant minutes (did I forget somebody?). White, for sure, and, apparently, VanVleet are precocious (act experienced beyond their years at the game).. put Early in there.. I don't think that the Shockers will resemble a deer in headlights next season.
                                Check your line up card this year. Cotton played the 3 many times this year. The 2 and 3 are interchangable but he was defintely playing the 3 at times. He is a good rebounder and defender. Probably more of a three guard set, but this could happen. Cotton will play ahead of Green, Wessel and Anacreon. Eventually Green may over take the minutes, but not at first. I can see Early there some, but he will have to be able to defend a smaller player if he plays the 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X