OUR SHOCKER'S SEASON IN RETROSPECT AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR BRIGHT FUTURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUR SHOCKER'S SEASON IN RETROSPECT AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR BRIGHT FUTURE

Yes, we are bummed out right now, knowing we could have won this game tonight. However, it is a time we also have to be real. Not many folk picked us to win the Valley and have such a solid overall record, but we did. However, not many of us thought we would lose tonight and we did. Even so, we took another leap forward from NIT Champs last Season to making the Big Dance the Senior year of Toure', Kyles, and Stutz. I am so glad our 5 Seniors got to lead us into this Dance. Just think, we would really be upset if we did not make it in this Season. We have made improvements every Season with Coach Marshall here.

Looking forward, what a group of solid recruits coming in!!! Last night was so fun listening to the link on SN of a game with FVV. What a difference maker he is. We also have 3 players that practiced with the team to join our returning players along with Marshall's best recruiting Class here ever. Furthermore, who knows if we might have room for one or two more new players. How quickly can such a talented Class get us back to this Dance? I would like to hear your comments.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

2 years. We're back in the Dance in two years. Next year we reload with a ****load of talent, win 20 games and we're in the NIT. In 2014, look out.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      2 years. We're back in the Dance in two years. Next year we reload with a ****load of talent, win 20 games and we're in the NIT. In 2014, look out.
      Agree. We'll compete next year. Every year a team that nobody expects to take the MVC makes a run in St. Louis. We'll fit that role well, maybe a shocking run at Arch Madness?
      “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

In the words of HCGM .... "I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be worried. Sleep well, tonight."

Comment

We will have a lot of talent and athleticism again next year - possibly even more than this year. It will take awhile to get it all on the same page. Come Arch Madness time...Look out!

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
            We will have a lot of talent and athleticism again next year - possibly even more than this year. It will take awhile to get it all on the same page. Come Arch Madness time...Look out!
            Man you guys are way too optimistic for me right now. I hope you are right. I don't have the time to wait another 30 years to see a WSU team with this much talent. A team that had the potential to beat anyone in the country. If you are right, maybe in 2 years, but I just can't be that hopeful.

Comment

The more I watch these upsets, the more excited I get about our team next Season. Yes, we lose 5 very solid Seniors. However, we return some solid players, 3 redshirts that may be our best collective reshirts ever, and a banner recruiting class that is not necessarily over with yet. Can a mix of 10-13 solid players of Returnees, Juco's, Transfers, and solid Frosh be the 'guargantuan reload" we need to keep this Shocker turnip truck moving forward? You would think it would take another extra Season beyond next Season to accomplish? Or not? Hmmmm. Rosewood is back in the house, so don't be settling for stale nachos. Likewise, alot of questions arise on just how quick all of these new solid players can adapt and help us be consistent enough to have another formidable Season.

Comment

Next year is a rebuilding year for sure, the pieces will be there. Build for the tourney next year, with the second year shooting for the regular season championship again.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Our team will be deep, not as much quality experience, insipid will not be in our vocabulary, and I hope we are even more athletic. I would love to see us relentlessly press, then once our opponents cross half-court, slap some traps all over them and smother them like irritated bees that sting without fouling much. Sort of like VCU? VCU lost 4 starters but yet had enough returning players and solid recruits to reload into a tough team that made it back to the Dance. We will have some shooters, some scorers, some height, some redshirts now to be playing, and some youth with high octane energy levels. Am I overstating anything here?

Yes, this Season's team of 5 experienced Seniors found ways to win the far majority of our games. Now we rebuild and see if by the end of the Season, we can mold it together into another effective Season. The Valley will have some tough teams but I don't worry. Are you worried? Getting SubGod22 to worry is like pulling hens teeth. Even Rosewood was back in the SN House and the nacos better be plenty stinkin fresh. Are the rumors overwhelming you? You shant worry. Sleep well. (wink, wink) There is a foundation, a Program, and a blueprint in place for the future. In the scheme of things, we long to be a team that Dances on a much more regular basis. Forget this 6 year buswax. It's all good for the black, yellow, and gray.

Now it is high time to roll up our sleeves and get back to work. Can you think of a Coaching Staff that outworks this one? Our match up zone was even showing improvement to throw into the mix. Now throw in our best recruiting class in the Marshall regime. Paul S. said in the paper just today "a five-man recruiting class that could grow during the spring signing period." Now if that does not light yourn fire, your wood is soggy. As for FSF, I will sleep like a baby, baybay!!!!!!!!

Comment

FSF, you could brighten my day during a nuclear holocaust.

Comment

5 man recruiting class that will grow simply means that more people are leaving than we are aware of; and you don't always just lose the ones you want to lose....

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        5 man recruiting class that will grow simply means that more people are leaving than we are aware of; and you don't always just lose the ones you want to lose....
                        FYI - We lose only the ones we want to lose...SN code of things that matter says so. lol

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Yes, we are bummed out right now, knowing we could have won this game tonight. However, it is a time we also have to be real. Not many folk picked us to win the Valley and have such a solid overall record, but we did. However, not many of us thought we would lose tonight and we did. Even so, we took another leap forward from NIT Champs last Season to making the Big Dance the Senior year of Toure', Kyles, and Stutz. I am so glad our 5 Seniors got to lead us into this Dance. Just think, we would really be upset if we did not make it in this Season. We have made improvements every Season with Coach Marshall here.

Looking forward, what a group of solid recruits coming in!!! Last night was so fun listening to the link on SN of a game with FVV. What a difference maker he is. We also have 3 players that practiced with the team to join our returning players along with Marshall's best recruiting Class here ever. Furthermore, who knows if we might have room for one or two more new players. How quickly can such a talented Class get us back to this Dance? I would like to hear your comments.
                          I'll go a bit against the grain and say Wichita State makes the NCaa tourney again next year. The guard situation is set.. Armstead, Williams, Mitchell, VanVleet, and Baker give WSU a backcourt with unusual depth. I really like the bookend tandem of Jake White and Carl Hall.. double-tough. Orupke will start, and he will scare many teams, MoValley or not, with his shot-blocking. What the Shockers need is one more quality frontcourt guy, for quality depth.. I have FULL faith that Jans, Ford and Heir will come up with something quality there (oh, wait.. that would be C. Early. Nevermind). I don't expect the Shockers to be top-40 preseason.. but I do expect them to be a real surprise (see:Gregg Marshall and Chris Jans).
                          Last edited by another shocker; March 17, 2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Trauma View Post
                            In the words of HCGM .... "I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be worried. Sleep well, tonight."
                            Anybody have a list of all of HCGM's famous quotes?

I know there's this one, and then the one about hamburgers.

Comment

Barkley and Company was just discussing the importance of guard play. Then they expounded the need to also have the inside players. Otherwise, like Missouri, what if all of your solid guards aren't draining the 3's? Then what?

Yes, as mentioned by Another Shocker, our guards are solid next Season. Here is something I think Marshall said something like--" C. Early is the best offensive player I have recruited here." If that is true, look for Hall and Early to get solid minutes inside next Season.

Comment

Working...
                              X