2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Eberlein drive has always been one of the best. I'm surprised we are the 1 seed but I'm guessing they want to give the Aftershocks the best possible path. Longer they are in the better it is for ticket sales.
    My thoughts exactly. I just couldn’t figure out an eloquent way to say “it’s rigged”
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Eberlein Drive has been in every TBT I believe. They should be a very good team. They were beaten by Florida TNT in the regional finals here in Wichita last year. They will be a very tough out.

The Aftershocks playing in front of a rabid home crowd is a tough draw for anyone. During the bracket show today it was mentioned several times about the great fans in Wichita. I hope everyone that loves basketball will come out and support this event. It really is a lot of fun.

I really like the addition of James Woodard to the team. He should take a lot of pressure off of Connor. I am hoping Tyrus McGee returns to the form he had when he torched the Aftershocks in 2019.

I am excited and cant wait to get the party started!

edit: Wichita is hosting a quarter final matchup between the winners of the Wichita and Omaha regionals. This is the only quarter final game outside of Dayton. TBT knows how much Wichita supports this tournament.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

My thoughts exactly. I just couldn’t figure out an eloquent way to say “it’s rigged”
        I'll take being on the right side of the rigging for once

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Its called a “favorable draw!”
          Go Shocks!

Comment

Stupid question time, and apologies if this has been discussed already.

Not knowing all the “rules” (TBT and NCAA), but with this day of NIL, can any college team (take the Shocks for example), get some sponsors, a non-current “on staff” coach, and then be able to sign up and participate in the TBT? Get some court time in, etc.

Obviously before they couldn’t prior to NIL, but wondering what could prevent a college team from doing it from now on? I’m sure there must be a legit reason why they can’t. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. BA

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              Stupid question time, and apologies if this has been discussed already.

Not knowing all the “rules” (TBT and NCAA), but with this day of NIL, can any college team (take the Shocks for example), get some sponsors, a non-current “on staff” coach, and then be able to sign up and participate in the TBT? Get some court time in, etc.

Obviously before they couldn’t prior to NIL, but wondering what could prevent a college team from doing it from now on? I’m sure there must be a legit reason why they can’t. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. BA
              I'm guessing where it gets fuzzy is NIL can't be tied to any athletic performance. So any winnings or payments would make them not amateurs. Now could they do it and not get paid if they win? I dunno, maybe but there are likely other rules that violates somewhere.

Comment

D3 Head Coach---David Clark makes his TBT debut as the We Are D3 head coach in 2022. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Clark has coached middle school and high school basketball for 20 years. Clark has also coached in China, where he taught basketball knowledge to Chinese boys and girls of all ages. Most recently, Clark was the head coach of the Wichita South Lady Titans from 2018-22, a team he led to the Sub-state finals.

Comment

2022 TBT Wichita Regional Bracket Preview

#1 Seed - AfterShocks (Wichita State Alumni) Record: 4-2
                  #8 Seed - D3 (No real college base) Record: 0-3

#4 Seed - Stillwater Stars (Oklahoma State Alumni) Record: 1-2
                  #5 Seed - Air Raiders (Texas Tech Alumni) Record: 0-0

#3 Seed - Purple & Black (Kansas State Alumni) Record: 3-5
                  #6 Seed - Lone Star Legends (Primarily from Texas) Record: 0-0

#2 Seed - Eberlein Drive (Primarily from East Coast and Southeast U.S) Record: 9-6
                  #7 Seed - Bleed Green (North Texas Alumni) Record: 0-0

Comment

Some familiar names on the Cincy TBT team. Thankfully they aren't coming to Wichita so we don't have to see Cumberland again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Some familiar names on the Cincy TBT team. Thankfully they aren't coming to Wichita so we don't have to see Cumberland again.
                      I still have nightmares of Cumberland closing out games against WSU.

Comment

• The TBT starts soon. How many of you are going this year? My 2 brothers, myself and 3 friends are going. We are just buying single session tickets this year. I know Shaq’s inclusion has turned some off.

Comment

• I've been told by a friend that I'm attending.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Went the first year. Bought the entire package. Hated it. Never going back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Went the first year. Bought the entire package. Hated it. Never going back.
                              You could argue some of the best shocker moments in koch arena last year were in TBT.

Edit: tbh, doesn't need much arguing.

Comment

• Our family loves TBT. Have 10 of us going this year including all 4 grandkids ages 6-10. We have all session passes and havent missed a TBT game in CKA yet.

Oldest daughter and her husband are KSU alums. They are pretty stoked about the team Purple and Black have entered. If they get Michael Beasley, who they are working hard on, the could be a force.

I hope the Aftershocks are competitive. It is so hard to tell in these things. I’m not sure if we can bring the D. Although with Kelly and Brown turning it on like they did last year, I could be completely wrong.

If anyone wants to come by and say hi we will be on the north end in the cheap seats. We wont be hard to find!
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X