X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey it’s not the real WSU but it still feels good to get the W

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn View Post
      Anyone know why Kelly hasn't been playing? Hoping it's just the size of the lead. He's an important part to have the level of success they had last year.
      I think they were letting some guys rest.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Really liked James Dickey's game tonight.

Comment

• Shaq doesn't belong out there. Everyone else had some moments I thought. They need to teach our current players how to successfully do a fast break.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

If Shaq is truly out of shape and not a contributor, the motive for inviting him to play is questionable and could be viewed as vindictive. Guess we will see.
            And he is. 3 points in 12 minutes…the 12 minutes wouldn't necessarily be bad, but he was laboring big time while only playing 12 minutes.

I tend to believe the team needed a post player and was running out of options, but the vindictive angle is plausible as well.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Also, the black jerseys tonight were beautiful. Reminded me of the early Turgeon years’ away uniforms.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

And he is. 3 points in 12 minutes…the 12 minutes wouldn't necessarily be bad, but he was laboring big time while only playing 12 minutes.

I tend to believe the team needed a post player and was running out of options, but the vindictive angle is plausible as well.
                Dickey and Willis did a fine job in the post I thought. Shaq looked slow.

Comment

• Dickey is a specimen

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Shaq definitely was his normal self...in the bad way. Not boxing out, flailing for fouls calls. He made one good block but otherwise wasn't a useful part of the team. I can only see him being useful as a body against some of the bigger centers since we really don't have anyone else that isn't a twig down low.

I'll echo the praise for James Dickey. Would have loved to see him play his college ball here. Constantly moving and fighting for rebounds.

McGee was still trigger happy. Hopefully he settles in. SHJ looked really good but he tends to do that against lower level competition... If he's truly stepped his game up and it translates well against the next few teams, that's a big help.

Overall, can't read too much into this as D3 was completely overmatched and the aftershocks did enough to blow them out even when playing questionable at times. Other teams will make them pay for the mistakes that D3 didn't. Still very fun to watch. Been a while since we've seen a blowout like this. Aftershocks or regular shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I doubt it's vindictive. I'm sure it's as simple as they needed a post player, they are still friends with Shaq so when he asked they said yes. I doubt they did much recruiting analysis to find out how good of shape he is in.

Comment

• Maybe unpopular option…but IF the money is there, I think the winners should get $2M, 2nd place ~$500k. Surely there is that kind of money out there after several years of this tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Anybody thinking about having Shaq ride the exercise bike next game?
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            Maybe unpopular option…but IF the money is there, I think the winners should get $2M, 2nd place ~$500k. Surely there is that kind of money out there after several years of this tournament.
                            Oddly, the tournament USED to give 2 million up until 2? years ago .. now it's only 1 million. Kinda odd considering how much its blown up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Oddly, the tournament USED to give 2 million up until 2? years ago .. now it's only 1 million. Kinda odd considering how much its blown up.
                              I bet TBT took a huge loss from the 2020 event

78-65

Comment

• Was pretty funny at one point during the Aftershocks game.. A couple of the K-State players came walking out to sit court side for a bit. They all gave the Aftershocks this eerie stare as they approached their seats. The Aftershocks may of, or may not of noticed it, but they ironically delivered a pretty good looking fast break ally-oop dunk.
                                The play caused Bill Walker to stop in his tracks and do a little jaw drop for about 20 seconds. Lol. I think he was partially wondering if the Aftershocks were in fact reacting to those eerie stares and partially just like “holy shit”

Comment

Working...
                                X