2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
    I'm okay with some tune-up games, but it would be nice if we didn't schedule the absolute bottom of the D1 barrel for more than half of our home slate. Hopefully the last 1-2 games are against some okay competition (CUSA, A10, Mountain West, etc.).

Wouldn't mind seeing New Mexico State come to town if an agreement could be struck.
    Why is Taylor Eldridge saying only 1-2 more games, when we are allowed 13 total non-conference games?

Comment

I am liking this schedule so far. I hope the coaching staff is able to schedule a scrimmage against a good so-called power conference school too. GO SHOCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Why is Taylor Eldridge saying only 1-2 more games, when we are allowed 13 total non-conference games?
        I think it should read 2-3 more games because I believe they have to play at least 12, and there are only 10 listed in the tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
          This looks like a schedule similar to a Marshall schedule.
          With similar results, amirite???!
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Upgraded tickets today. Plenty of seats available. This is a good year to upgrade your location. Looking forward to a new season.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
              Upgraded tickets today. Plenty of seats available. This is a good year to upgrade your location. Looking forward to a new season.
              Our foursome did the same thing when Turgeon was hired… turned out to be a good decision; a lot of great memories as my stock appreciated. We can’t get much better seats, so we’ll ride it out.

I feel like Maverick; I’m not going to leave my wingman.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Buy low

Comment

There's a reason there are plenty of seats available. I'm not in a place right now where I'd get season tickets even if things were going great, but there are a lot of questions moving into this year.

A lot of new faces. That could go either way, but few if any incoming guys blow me away on any level. There are a few I have some higher hopes for, but a lot of guys that may be solid but aren't going to overly impress based off of what we know at this moment. We have a coach that also has a lot of questions surrounding him and his approach to coaching philosophy that has turned some people away. The complete lack of control last year didn't do him any favors. I hope he figures it out, but at least we have an AD that I feel can mostly confident in should IB not turn the corner going forward.

But, if you're already invested, or want to plan ahead for when times are good again, now is probably a good time to get in. Well, depending on what they're charging for them right now. Some people can swallow it if they're too high, but many can't. Especially with the way things are currently trending economically.

And the schedule leaves quite a bit to be desired, but it is what it is.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Comment

The schedule just keeps getting better. Pretty soon we’re gonna have gaudy non-conference records like East Carolina has.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        The schedule just keeps getting better. Pretty soon we’re gonna have gaudy non-conference records like East Carolina has.
                        HCIB subscribes to the Todd Butler scheduling theory

Comment

we're taking on the KState football model

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Maybe Eric Wedge should schedule the way Todd Butler did. . It's clear he can win with Butler players but lose with his own. Wedge is total failure. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Eh. In fairness to Todd, he actually scheduled pretty tough. Didn't we play guarantee games at LSU and Texas in his tenure? There could be several complaints against him, but that wasn't one of them, I recall. I suppose he might have lightened up in his later years, though I honestly just don't remember.
                              78-65

Comment

Interesting schedule. Updated OP

Couple of notes so far:
                                1. OSU game was TBD on location, but unless Longwood is a Dec 10th IBA game, it's likely to be at IBA instead of CKA. Was hoping to bring that one back to CKA.
                                2. WSU basically wont leave the state of Kansas until 2023. (exception being going slightly over the border to KC, MO for the CBE Classic)
                                3. MTE is weaker this year from normal.
                                4. 3 Power 5 teams, 2 at home .. yet likely no Q1 games on the non-con schedule. Maybe no Q2 depending on those teams. (KSU most likely to land Q1/Q2)
                                5. Not a great schedule, but for a team coming off a disappointing year and replacing nearly all of the roster, it would like be conference season or bust for WSU anyways, tough schedule or not.
                                6. 1-2 more games left to fill out the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X