No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior to last year I would NEVER miss a game here in K.C. After going to my first game in 3 years at Intrust (WSU vs. KSU) I'm not sure I will EVER go to another WSU game in K.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I really don't feel like we can be so judgemental as we might be the third best team in it this year.
      I’m not at all. I’m saying in general, that’s a garbage field, including us. I’m not sure what the reason was ending up with a field that bad when it normally is an event with some good teams.

Just bizarre.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Have we really lost that much prestige already?? It's only been 3 seasons since the last (field of 64) NCAA appearance.

****, it's been 5. 7 since FVV left, 9 since undefeated season and 10 since the FF. Maybe it does make sense that our name brand is dying a quiet death.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Not for 2022....but a new scheduling idea being floated around (since we've mentioned Bracket Busters on here):

Comment

I don't see the AAC jumping in on Bracket Busters 2.0.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't see the AAC jumping in on Bracket Busters 2.0.
              After the 3 teams leave we'll probably be a 1-bid league more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

After the 3 teams leave we'll probably be a 1-bid league more often than not.
                I don't see things nearly as bleak. Houston is a big loss. Cincinnati has done little since Cronin, but may turn the corner. UCF has been average at best.

Outside of Houston, UAB and North Texas were both better than the other two when it comes to the numbers.

Charlotte wants to be good so we'll see if changing conferences helps them.

FAU was better than I expected, but still needs work.

Rice has all of the money to do what is necessary and they're saying they will.

UTSA built a top 25 football program at the FBS level in under 10 years. They're now committed to building basketball as well. I'm not going to bet against them at this point.

Not a lot of guarantees, but as things were this year, two of the CUSA schools were better than two of the three leaving. And that was while in CUSA. There are some other we'll have to wait and see on, but it's still not nearly as bleak as many try to make it.

More than anything, we need to get our **** together. SMU should be good more often than not. Memphis will always be a threat to be good. I don't know what the **** has happened to Temple. Tulane is getting better and has the right coach to succeed. ECU sucks. USF is a mystery. They should be better than they are. Tulsa has made a change so hopefully they improve.

But basically, the remaining schools are doing more to hold the conference back than the incoming schools, but most of them have the resources to turn things around for the better. And there are some decent schools who should get a bump recruiting to a better conference with a better TV deal. That all matters.

The AAC will still be the 7th or 8th best conference at worst. No need to participate in a BB2.0 event.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't see things nearly as bleak. Houston is a big loss. Cincinnati has done little since Cronin, but may turn the corner. UCF has been average at best.

Outside of Houston, UAB and North Texas were both better than the other two when it comes to the numbers.

Charlotte wants to be good so we'll see if changing conferences helps them.

FAU was better than I expected, but still needs work.

Rice has all of the money to do what is necessary and they're saying they will.

UTSA built a top 25 football program at the FBS level in under 10 years. They're now committed to building basketball as well. I'm not going to bet against them at this point.

Not a lot of guarantees, but as things were this year, two of the CUSA schools were better than two of the three leaving. And that was while in CUSA. There are some other we'll have to wait and see on, but it's still not nearly as bleak as many try to make it.

More than anything, we need to get our **** together. SMU should be good more often than not. Memphis will always be a threat to be good. I don't know what the **** has happened to Temple. Tulane is getting better and has the right coach to succeed. ECU sucks. USF is a mystery. They should be better than they are. Tulsa has made a change so hopefully they improve.

But basically, the remaining schools are doing more to hold the conference back than the incoming schools, but most of them have the resources to turn things around for the better. And there are some decent schools who should get a bump recruiting to a better conference with a better TV deal. That all matters.

The AAC will still be the 7th or 8th best conference at worst. No need to participate in a BB2.0 event.
                  Love you Sub...but I respectfully disagree. The new teams will definitely be a downgrade and will struggle when joining.

Comment

During the big conference shake up, WSU was in the discussion about joining a league with Gonzaga. After IB ruined the Shox last

Comment

Year we couldn't go back to the Missouri Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                        After IB ruined the Shox last

Pardon?

Comment

Boring style, can't hold a lead, only show

Comment

Since of urgency in last 5 minutes. I was at the memphis game and was really embarrassed. We need a better coach.

Comment

Well that's one way to get your post count up. Hopefully, it doesn't become a thing.

Comment

Sorry I have fat fingers tonight, I promise to do better. Play Angry has been replaced with play slow. Compare the Arizona game to start the year and the Tulsa game to end it. Nobody beats the Shox at home until this year. It used to be that very few beat us on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X