No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of them are horrible, but none of them are sexy names.

Granted, we aren't all that sexy either at this point.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      None of them are horrible, but none of them are sexy names.

Granted, we aren't all that sexy either at this point.
      I think Northern Iowa might be terrible next season, but Grand Canyon and San Francisco should both hover around the top 100. No idea what to expect from our roster (prove it situation for IB), but I think this should be a winnable tourney for WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        LOL Bracketbusters Hall of Fame Tourney.

Comment

I heard someone different was possible for the 4th team, so it is underwhelming to see Grand Canyon in that spot instead. I do have reason to be in Kansas City at some point this fall for some reconnaissance for something I am doing next summer, so I still might try to go to this...but we'll see.
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            I heard someone different was possible for the 4th team, so it is underwhelming to see Grand Canyon in that spot instead. I do have reason to be in Kansas City at some point this fall for some reconnaissance for something I am doing next summer, so I still might try to go to this...but we'll see.
            Grand Canyon might be the best team in the tournament.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Our fans will show up decently, but they might as well block off the upper bowl of the T-Mobile Center.

Really, given the teams here, it would be better to play in Cable Dahmer Arena, home of the Missouri Mavericks. That place seats 5.8K and I'm doubting paid attendance is at that number for any of the games.

I'll give some restaurant recommendations for those coming up. Some really good spots in downtown KC.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Our fans will show up decently, but they might as well block off the upper bowl of the T-Mobile Center.

Really, given the teams here, it would be better to play in Cable Dahmer Arena, home of the Missouri Mavericks. That place seats 5.8K and I'm doubting paid attendance is at that number for any of the games.

I'll give some restaurant recommendations at some point for those coming up. Some really good spots in downtown KC.
                I don't think they had upper deck available in 2013 when an eventual #1 seed Wichita State was coming off the Final Four appearance and also having BYU, Texas, and DePaul in the field. Better chance for me to have a dinner date with Carrie Underwood than there is for the upper deck to be needed at this event
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I don't think they had upper deck available in 2013 when an eventual #1 seed Wichita State was coming off the Final Four appearance and also having BYU, Texas, and DePaul in the field. Better chance for me to have a dinner date with Carrie Underwood than there is for the upper deck to be needed at this event
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

None of GCU, SFU or UNI are going to bring much in the way of fans. And the current state of Shocker basketball is going to keep attendance down on our side as well, though we're still more than likely going to have more than the other three combined.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Happy that I'll get to attend a couple games without driving multiple hours. Sad that this is the field.

Comment

For Food:
                        County Road Ice House - get the Texas Torpedoes as an appetizer. Solid. Right next to the arena. Ran by the same people who run Joe's KC.
                        BRGR - sit-down burger joint with lots of options. Sweet Potato Tots are the way to go
                        Pigwich - BBQ joint
                        Minsky's Pizza - ton of locations in KC...they have one in River Market as well
                        There is a Jack Stack BBQ downtown, but I'm not near as big on it as I am Q39 or Joe's for the Z-Man (the latter are more out of the way)

More upscale food:
                        Rockhill Grille
                        Grunauer - German/Austrian fare...never been a big fan of that type of food but I enjoyed this place
                        Bristol Seafood - also pretty close to the arena

For drinks:
                        Tom's Town - Upscale place, some cool drinks, but expensive
                        The Rieger - similar feel to Tom's Town but more of a dinner spot as well
                        Green Lady Lounge - Live music, pretty neat place

Parking:
                        Lots of parking spaces just south of I-70 but there are always plenty of spots in the lot south of the Kaufmann Center if you don't mind walking a bit.

Any other recommendations needed, I'm happy to help. Think I may have posted this information before, but wanted to make sure. I have mostly lived in JoCo and South KCMO in my time up here, so I also have recommendations if anyone is staying in that area.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

That is a garbage field. My how fast that tourney has fallen. I’d be surprised if the ESPN family picks up any of those games besides the Plus.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            That is a garbage field. My how fast that tourney has fallen. I’d be surprised if the ESPN family picks up any of those games besides the Plus.
                            The 2021 event with Arkansas, Cincinnati, Illinois, and K-State got 3 ESPNNEWS slots and the title game on ESPN2. Our event might...MIGHT...get ESPNU for the title game.
                            78-65

Comment

Probably not a bad thing to have an easy early schedule next year

Comment

I really don't feel like we can be so judgemental as we might be the third best team in it this year.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X