No announcement yet.

Marshall's comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it was terse and not a very enjoyable interview, but hardly worthy of the 20-minute rant by the host. And to be honest, it was a horrible interview on each side, the questions were terrible. I went to journalism school and the first thing they teach you is not to ask closed ended questions—virtually all of his were. Plus, how do you follow up Marshall saying Matt is day to day to "is he going to play Saturday?" what an idiot.

Comment

It is not GM's fault for the way the Shox are playing. You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink applies here. An analogy I've used in the past is that you can have a great crew chief (GM), mechanics (Assistants), sponsers (fans), but if you ain't got the cars (players) then you ain't gonna win the race.

I believe a large portion of the blame is how the players themselves are reacting to playing at a YMCA level. Missing free throws, as we all know is contagious, shooting to some degree as well. Mental lapses in the game where idiots make stupid passes, cross court passes directly to the opposing player.

You don't think GM has thrown the book at these players on how to play better? I'm sure he's yelled, screamed, instructed, ranted, given positive feedback, to his head turns blue, however, there comes a time where the players must be accountable for their actions.

It isn't GM's fault that the ol' light bulb hasn't turned on for a lot of these guys, GM can't get on the court and play the damn game for them, I'm placing all the blame on the players.

I personally think players in all sports these days are softer than what they were 20-30 years ago. Heck, we've even discussed this with our nationally ranked baseball team from time-to-time. I personally believe we've got a bunch of softies on our team and the moment coach get's on their case and hurts their little Care Bear feelings, they go deeper into the funk they were already in.

Some of these guys need to get angry and want to punch someone in the throat. This ain't JUCO ball, this ain't the glory days of high school basketball fellas, this is Top 7 conference, D1 basketball and if they can't meet GM's high expectations then they need to leave or GM needs to part ways with their arse.

I'm not asking them to win the MVC or got to a post tourney this year, all I'm asking and what GM is asking is to use their head, just be fundamental. Laziness, lack of concentration, day-dreaming, being intimidated, and having a lack of confidence is what is being displayed out there and that's entirely on the players.

Comment

Coach made a comment on the coaches show wednesday about the creighton people trying to pin him down

Comment

I just listened to the interview...

Talk about an amateur completely melting down. I've seen fish on Valleytalk show more poise than that undergrad on the mic.

"I was biting my lip" ???? ROFL Like what are you going to do big boy? Shut him down? ROFLMFAO.....

HCGM shouldn't have been on a speakerphone but wouldn't it have been hilarious if he would have ripped ass right in the middle of answering a question? rofl.. That was the only thing missing.

No kidding he was in a bad mood.. I'm glad that he was/is... hopefully that means we will see some action in the next game!!

T

...8)

Comment

The kid sounds like a wanna-be Jim Rome, I don't mind Coach giving him short answers for his stupid questions.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I wonder if HCGM is still getting used to being in a bigger media market with more media requests? I'm sure he had some at Winthrop...but my guess he is always getting requests for local media interviews, from Valley opponents, etc. And losing isn't helping matters. Not that the MVC is a huge media area...but probably a step up from the Big South. That and he's probably required a certain amount of interviews per his contract.

I guess the stress is elevated when you sign a $750k contract. But I'm sure he's pissed about the way the season is going.

Comment

Maybe the little prat should start by understanding some of the basic facts that could be discovered without Herculean effort, for example, by reading on of any of a half dozen news reports (or press releases) in the last month, i.e. the team's record; how to pronounce Matt's name; the fact that he is day to day with the concussion.
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Screw Creighton If this guy wants to talk crap on our coach, then we will put a whipping on his lovely jays. First off this guy was so unprepared, its in a way a slap in the face by not knowing your facts.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What a jackass. I'm sure a high school kid could be better prepared for this interview

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                      That's BS. That was a terrible interview on GM's part. The announcer was right. If he didn't want to come on his program, he should have simply said no.
                      The interviewer didn't even show the proper respect to CGM by doing the basic homework or even know how to pronounce his players names and it's CGM fault? I think not. I think he's lucky that CGM just didn't hang up on him.

Comment

He proceeded to talk smack on Coach after the interview. What a coward. I didn't see how Coach was pissed during the interview at all. He just answered the questions directly.

Comment

Wow, Perrault's voice is annoying.....
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

2-2 in the Valley LOL what an idiot.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                              2-2 in the Valley LOL what an idiot.
                              he not only got that wrong, but he also got our overall record wrong
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I like it. ISASO is always trumping BK's famous locker room speech and now we have our Wichita version of how to urinate off the local media pukes. 8)
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X