Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no downside to bringing him back as a walk on. Absolutely NONE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Skills? Yes. Drive? Very debatable.

I was high on Poor Bear when he came in, but he never really did much to grow. Thankfully he's just a walk-on so it doesn't hurt anything.
      Actually, he can hurt anything. Don't underestimate the power of a bad teammate.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Actually, he can hurt anything. Don't underestimate the power of a bad teammate.
        Was he a bad teammate? I honestly don't recall any stories off the top of my head about anything like that.

Also, I'm not expecting much from this team so I'm still not sure how much of an effect it would/could have.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I have a thought.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I have a thought.
            Let’s hear it.

Comment

• Just weird.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Let’s hear it.
                Nothing ground breaking, mostly that being back home in Omaha was not the best thing for him. Nothing I know, just a hunch.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Bizarre. He’s leaving a scholarship and seemingly good playing opportunity for a walk-on spot and out of state tuition??

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                    Bizarre. He’s leaving a scholarship and seemingly good playing opportunity for a walk-on spot and out of state tuition??
                    I agree that it is a strange move but not sure about the out-of-state tuition thanks to Dr. Bardo's initiatives. Plus do we know for sure his scholarship at Omaha was being renewed? In addition, Poor Bear is 50% native american and may well qualify for some kind of financial aid for that aspect alone.

https://www.wichita.edu/admissions/u...ocker_city.php.

The Shocker City Partnership grants resident tuition rates to students from specific metropolitan areas in Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 6, 2022, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully, Poor Bear is in line to get a decent degree with one more year of school. If nothing else, that is worth rooting for. Not sure what he is majoring in but I don't think he will be making his living playing basketball.

Comment

• UNO also has a new coach coming in. Hansen had been at Omaha for 17 years as head coach. It’s possible Poor didn’t get good vibes from the new guy. He knows the system at WSU and if walking on no money lost.

Comment

• I shouldn’t be a smart ass, but what system? I watched every game last year and I don’t remember seeing a “system”.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                            I shouldn’t be a smart ass, but what system? I watched every game last year and I don’t remember seeing a “system”.
                            You are saying, "Dawgs gonna Dawg" isn't a system? That sounds disrespectful.

Comment

• Good pickup.

Shocks could use a little (more) size in the front court. Serviceable size that is, and not just (semi) warm bodies. Time to move past multiple 6'5" power forwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                                I shouldn’t be a smart ass, but what system? I watched every game last year and I don’t remember seeing a “system”.
                                Dribble-dribble-cut-dribble-pass
                                Dribble-dribble-cut-dribble-pass
                                Dribble-dribble-cut-dribble-pass-to-Tyson
                                Dribble-dribble-25-footer

That looks like a system to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X