Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So recruiting pros from Europe may be next. Wait, they don't have amateur status. Wait, they don't need it!

Comment

• Sounds exactly like the conversations I've had with people about the topic.

Comment

• I believe it actually all started when that ex UCLA player sued for having college players names on video games and they didn’t get paid for it.

Comment

• Not sure I've ever been at a lower point as a Shocker fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Not sure I've ever been at a lower point as a Shocker fan.
            I'm lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• On the good news side. Wonder if they can sway Ricky back?

Comment

• deuces Ricky, he made his bed, let him leave and drop to a D2 type school and ride the bench.

Comment

• Porter is gone. Ricky's decision caused him to jump.

Comment

• Craig Porter is now in the transfer portal

Comment

• What a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                        deuces Ricky, he made his bed, let him leave and drop to a D2 type school and ride the bench.
                        Ricky will very likely end up at a blue blood ..

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I have a couple of questions to ponder at your leisure.

We keep talking about these NIL deals we're passing on because of lack of leadership (I'm not saying there isn't a lack of leadership, but bear with me)......

Where is this money going to come from? Athletics is already hemorrhaging money at a ridiculous rate. Yes, the pandemic and coaching change aren't helping and they will come to an end but people are sprinting away from men's basketball and nobody (for the most part) wants to spend any money on any other sport. At least not anywhere near enough to cover CURRENT bills.

So chicken and egg this part first. Athletics has to fund athletics first before any NIL which means they have to hit up deep pockets donor guy for that first. And not just men's basketball...EVERYTHING has to be paid for first.

Now, I'm going to assume you're going right back to the same group for NIL money. Do any of you know business men and women in this community that are eager to dump cash without others investing with absolutely NO accountability?

I don't.

But let's say you do....let's call that person Busty Tech for example. What do you think is going to happen when, for instance, Tucker Smith who's getting 50K a year for his 3 point shooting goes 8 for 50 out of the gate (and I freaking GUARANTEE it's going to happen) and he runs into Busty at his designated "appearance" to raise money for Hungry Hippos at the Zoo and Tucker is bombed out of his mind, reeking of weed, with a couple of Michelle's finest on each arm as well as his boyz in tow?

Hey Tuck, I've got some of my besties showing up to give money that eventually you get, can you at least pull up your pants and run a comb through your hair so you can say thanks?

Nahz man, I just showed up to gets payed. Straight cash homie!

Well Rocko and Bruno want to help you get ready, and your moms going to get a visitor later this week.

Oh, and here's your 1099.

My 10 inch wha?

This is NOT going to end well for almost anyone. Frankly, I'm fine with not getting involved. It's never going to be worth it to me. I'll support other things. Let this mess explode and talk to me when smoke clears.

Unless you know someone that's willing to just give away a half a mil or so EVERY year for no reason except to make a bunch of fans, who already think they're getting overcharged, cheer a winner, we are never going to win this battle. EVER.
                            Are you suggesting they will actually show up? LSU player with NIL that included use of a car, gave it to a friend. Needless to say it did not get returned and the dealership had to report it stolen.

Again, the accountability will be the issue, due to there being none.

Comment

• Where are the IB apologists and sunshine pumpers now?

Comment

• I would be mad about Porter, but at this point does it really matter?
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X