• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we GO!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Appears that the post-boatright era began with 2 solid hires .. I like it

Comment

• The timing for Horn could not be any better.

Comment

• Didn't boatright hire Horn?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            Didn't boatright hire Horn?
            Pittman actually hired him, but it will be Saal who provides him support. For some reason that S&C position fell under Brad to manage.

Comment

• There sure was a lot of hand wringing when Rosenboom stepped down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                There sure was a lot of hand wringing when Rosenboom stepped down.
                The reasons why had a lot to do with that. He wasn't asking for much to improve the weight room situation and was continually denied. And the weight room needs a lot more than what he was asking for and it's still very much in need.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  Hard to blame Kerry for this, but I can't imagine a prospective Strength and Conditioning Coach feeling like this is an attractive job after reading that article.
                  This thread is interesting to read back through as some time has passed.

This is one of those things that's a real head scratcher. Kel's take was 100% spot on, and then we had the upheaval with the AD that would seemingly have made things even worse, but I'll be damned if we didn't go out and make an incredible, top notch hire.

If you work hard and believe in yourself (see Freddy) you can find success almost anywhere. It might be more difficult at A than B, but it can still be done.

And Gregg Marshall also says hello.

I can promise you that we're better off today and about 100 times more prepared for the next 5 seasons of Shocker Athletics than we were just a few months ago.

Garrett Bayliff was someone who owned his time at WSU and I hated to see him leave but I understood why he couldn't pass up OSU. But I'm not sure we haven't upgraded his spot as well. While Colin Cocoran was promoted (just been here a year), Logan Barrett gets the hell after it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    There sure was a lot of hand wringing when Rosenboom stepped down.
                    Rosenboom was frustrated by Boatright's lack of support (maybe action too), which also was a problem many other donors and other Shocker supporters had also (although maybe not with the weight room)

Comment

• It's probably been said before in this thread, but as much as he did for WSU, it was also time for Kerry to move on. We needed some new blood and got it.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                      X