Juwan Howard and Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    I love continuing to re-litigate the Marshall situation for the 4,000th time. It brings me such peace and comfort, and the discussion really contributes a lot to this board.
    Have you seen some of my lame posts...and you all still let me hang around and continue my garbage. Gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

I would also add that it's much easier to take an apology seriously when it appears to be a singular incident and not a pattern and practice of abuse that happens over 5 to 7 years and caused nearly the entire team to transfer away.

I thought Juwan should have been fired. And that's just the one event.

Gregg did that and much, much more.
      So you must have been attending all of Juwans practices, games and movements through public venues with him for the past 5-7 years to be so sure of your statement.

Go back to sleep. Your a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
        Verbal threats and physical violence is not okay ever. Coaches are not teaching players the game but also sportsmanship. I wonder why everyone uses the Shaq incident but never refers to the parking lot debacle!
        Correct me if I’m wrong, but both involve people aged 18+, correct? And in both situations some punk wanna be tough guy mouthed off to the wrong dude. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ain’t no lactating man boobs here, Dr. Best just move along.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Correct me if I’m wrong, but both involve people aged 18+, correct? And in both situations some punk wanna be tough guy mouthed off to the wrong dude. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ain’t no lactating man boobs here, Dr. Best just move along.
          As I stated earlier .. even though it's two adults, you can't ignore the difference between two coaches in a fight and a coach vs a player/student. If Marshall had punched Cronin on live TV (assuming the Canada incident never happened), I think he would have been fine

Though i agree with the second statement in your post lol

Comment

Benedict Morris now that’s perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
              Verbal threats and physical violence is not okay ever. Coaches are not teaching players the game but also sportsmanship. I wonder why everyone uses the Shaq incident but never refers to the parking lot debacle!
              Probably not for the reason you wish you go***mn gentrified fascist Snowflake.

NAMASTE

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You have come on here to talk about one thing. Time to move on down the line, Patricia.
                Okay, I am not condoning this behavior but the parking lot incident is heavily mitigated by the fact that the athlete parked in Marshall’s spot knew damn good and well who it belonged to, sped off as a taunting gesture (or maybe fear) then acted dumbfounded as to why the owner of that spot would dare to be mad about it. If you can’t respect the man, at least respect the position. That doesn’t justify the hot headed attempt to grab the driver, but sometimes button pushers who know better make people do stupid things.

Last edited by shoxlax; March 15, 2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Howard should have been fired.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Stay fragile.
                    Same thing.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

As I stated earlier .. even though it's two adults, you can't ignore the difference between two coaches in a fight and a coach vs a player/student. If Marshall had punched Cronin on live TV (assuming the Canada incident never happened), I think he would have been fine
                        I wasn’t referring to the Marshall/Juwan comparison. I was referring to the parking lot/Shaq incidents.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Absolutely, when taking into account the stunt he pulled against Turg and Maryland last year.

Comment

Pat Chambers was given another shot at FGCU, time for 3G to get a second chance at WSU.
                            Penn State basketball coach Pat Chambers stepped down after nine seasons with the Nittany Lions, the school announced Wednesday. Chambers joined Penn State in the 2011-12 season and amassed a 148-150 record in Happy Valley...

Comment

If HCGM wants a job, he could likely find one. My suspicion is that he is enjoying life and that it would have to be the right situation. Don't see him just taking anything offered.

Comment

I bet he gets phone calls fairly often. It would be easy to tell them you are making a head coach salary to enjoy family and vacation for 6 years. There’s just no reason to enter back into it all other than competitive drive. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes a good job closer to home in about 4 more years. Or the WSU job if the winds change a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X