Juwan Howard and Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    If Marshall had really wanted to keep his job and was willing to make that apology, why wouldn’t he have just come right out to the press and done that? There’s no way the University could have gotten rid of him at that point. They would’ve been forced to make that deal and keep him around.
    Lawyer i'm sure told him no. He admits fault publicly, WSU has much cleaner legal grounds to fire him without a buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post

Because he was given the opportunity to do so.
      Gregg had the opportunity and denied it entirely. That's what did him in.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Or caught on surveillance tape.

Comment

I love continuing to re-litigate the Marshall situation for the 4,000th time. It brings me such peace and comfort, and the discussion really contributes a lot to this board.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            I love continuing to re-litigate the Marshall situation for the 4,000th time. It brings me such peace and comfort, and the discussion really contributes a lot to this board.
            Oh, but this is a new lens. This is the "poor, persecuted white man" angle being worked on here. The butwhatabout Juwan angle. Totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Oh, but this is a new lens. This is the "poor, persecuted white man" angle being worked on here. The butwhatabout Juwan angle. Totally different.
              Stay woke...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Stay woke...
                Stay fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
                  Verbal threats and physical violence is not okay ever. Coaches are not teaching players the game but also sportsmanship. I wonder why everyone uses the Shaq incident but never refers to the parking lot debacle!
                  Did your restraining order finally end?

Comment

Stay fragile.

Comment

I know the original intent of the conversation ... but my 2 cents are the BIGGEST perceived differences between the 2:

1st
                      • Howards was public, apology was quick and punishment was quick. Easy to "believe" someone is really sorry when they do it quickly. (though i don't think he was really sorry)
                      • Marshall's was private, no apology given (or allowed) and "covered up" for 5 years. The apology would have likely been seen as "sorry I got caught" vs "I'm actually sorry".
                      2nd
                      • Howard hit another coach (not a student) that was not in his direct "influence or responsibility".
                      • Marshall's "hit" was towards a player, who coaches have influence and some semblance of responsibility for their well-being
                      So I can understand why some see it different. Not saying I'd make the same choices they did .. but I can see some of the arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        I know the original intent of the conversation ... but my 2 cents are the BIGGEST perceived differences between the 2:

1st
                        • Howards was public, apology was quick and punishment was quick. Easy to "believe" someone is really sorry when they do it quickly. (though i don't think he was really sorry)
                        • Marshall's was private, no apology given (or allowed) and "covered up" for 5 years. The apology would have likely been seen as "sorry I got caught" vs "I'm actually sorry".
                        2nd
                        • Howard hit another coach (not a student) that was not in his direct "influence or responsibility".
                        • Marshall's "hit" was towards a player, who coaches have influence and some semblance of responsibility for their well-being
                        So I can understand why some see it different. Not saying I'd make the same choices they did .. but I can see some of the arguments.

I would also add that it's much easier to take an apology seriously when it appears to be a singular incident and not a pattern and practice of abuse that happens over 5 to 7 years and caused nearly the entire team to transfer away.

I thought Juwan should have been fired. And that's just the one event.

Gregg did that and much, much more.

Comment

I would also add that it's much easier to take an apology seriously when it appears to be a singular incident and not a pattern and practice of abuse that happens over 5 to 7 years and caused nearly the entire team to transfer away.

I thought Juwan should have been fired. And that's just the one event.

Gregg did that and much, much more.
                          It wasn't Juwan's first incident .. first punch .. but not first hot head incident. So I agree he should have been fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

1st
                            2nd
                            Didn't FVV insist on and HCGM obliged with an apology to Benedict Morris?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
                              Verbal threats and physical violence is not okay ever. Coaches are not teaching players the game but also sportsmanship. I wonder why everyone uses the Shaq incident but never refers to the parking lot debacle!
                              You have come on here to talk about one thing. Time to move on down the line, Patricia.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Didn't FVV insist on and HCGM obliged with an apology to Benedict Morris?
                                One of the many things that were rumored. It's still a private thing which made it all worse. Not saying they should have blasted it out, but at the same time, it coming up 5 years later makes it look worse than it really was. Really was a no win situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X