No announcement yet.

Butler to the A-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARLR, UTA & ORU, give us a southern flavor that I like, would certainly help baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      ARLR, UTA & ORU, give us a southern flavor that I like, would certainly help baseball.
      New Orleans just decided last week to stay D1, throw them in the mix as well. :)

This would certainly NOT be better than the Valley but if the valley did lose CU to A-10 and MSU/ISU to FBS then WSU, ORU, UTA, UALR, UNO, TAMU-CC plus say a DBU and 1 other non football urban based school in the south central region would at least make a nice baseball league.

Just really nothing out there without football, heres to hoping the valley stays the same. It sucks but it's as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        Aren't all of WSU's televised games on in KC? That would make them bring the kc market with them.
        Time Warner/Metro Sports telecast a majority of the Shockers game from Cox 22. But TimeWarner is not the sole Cable TV vendor. Cox has part of the market, AT&T, and SureWest also provide cable TV services. It is light years ahead of where it used to be as far as WSU is concerned, but outside of broadcasting and occasional reporting on Metro Sports, I don't know that there is enough viewership or interest to claim KC as a market for WSU.

The KC Star has also been posting Marshalls videos of his press conferences, but oddly enough rarely has any news about the individual games themselves or about the team in general. Kind of strange.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Its too bad there is not a "this post sucks" button, because there are a lot in this thread that do. Ive never seen such a defeatest bunch. We have two options: mwc-cusa or a10. Any of these expansion options are completely unacceptable. If we go that route we have killed wsu athletics. Think big. Think how we make it work, not why it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
            Its too bad there is not a "this post sucks" button, because there are a lot in this thread that do. Ive never seen such a defeatest bunch. We have two options: mwc-cusa or a10. Any of these expansion options are completely unacceptable. If we go that route we have killed wsu athletics. Think big. Think how we make it work, not why it won't.
            True dat. The Valley isn't adding schools of much value if they haven't received an at large bid since the Nixon Administration. Unfortunately, the Valley most likely will find itself as having those kind of schools as its only options in any expansion scenarios. There are just a few schools in this conference that have any sort of ability to have consistent national success. THAT is why we need to get the hell out of Dodge before this conference pulls us into obscurity.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              I can only think as why it won't work for MWC/CUSA and that is FOOTBALL

As for the A-10, it is a league that will eventually become privates only. Temple is leaving, UMASS and UNCC will move in the near future due to football. The only other public I believe is Rhode Island, I believe they will eventually leave as well. It's an east coast league chalked full of big city and private school elitism. CU may eventually land there but WSU certainly won't.

You don't want to talk crappy expansion then people need to get behind football and real football. Thing is if WSU had FBS they would probably be wanted by the MWC/CUSA. They don't so they are not even on the radar. Now I'm not saying football is a good idea I'm saying without it then the mwc/cusa isn't on the table.

Comment

MW/CUSA has said it is looking to add basketball only schools. But I agree, to get to a higher level than that is not an option whatsoever without football.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I think mwc-usa is an option. What i dont see is mwc-cusa adding any of these **** Texas schools that keep getting thrown about here. They are not that desperate. We are not the only ones in this boat... Gonzaga, st. Marys. Maybe the alliance is looking at them to? Mark this down: the mid majors will be booted from march madness within 5 years. The quasi majorS will be included. We need to be on the rigt side of the line. Right now we are on the wrong side.

Comment

VCU and George Mason are in a similar position to WSU. VCU has largest enrollment in the state at 30,000 but no football. Mason has over 20,000 but no football. Neither are a good fit for the A 10. We dont recruit players from the northeast for hardly any of our sports teams and we dont have many students from there either. I think a better solution would be for all 3 of us to join the Horizon League. Cleveland State is a good mid major school. Detroit is on the rise. Valpo usually has a good team. You add VCU, WSU and Mason and you are looking at a mulitple bid league every year and you get into the D.C. market plus you already have detroit and now add K.C. It might end up being the only real option for both of us. VCU is looking at adding football but its probably at least 5 years away. We already have a stadium but no other facilities. Obviously basketball is our priority. With butler leaving the Horizon goes to nine teams so adding 3 makes perfect sense. The CAA has had 12 teams for a long time and it works well. We play 18 league games and have 5 regular opponents that we play home and away every year and then the other 6 we rotate and play 2 of them home and home and the other 4 one game. So if we play northeastern once at home this season then next season we play them once away. It works out pretty well plus if we got in the same league we would not have to play each other in the bracketbuster again !!

Comment

Working...
                    X