Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler to the A-10?

From Andy Katz:

"Butler has expressed interest in joining the Atlantic 10 and replacing Temple, according to multiple sources. The Bulldogs are intrigued by the major media markets and, of course, the increase in competition with Xavier, Saint Louis and Dayton among others. The A-10 will lose Temple in the fall of 2013 and must add a quality basketball program. "

Probably a better option than the MVC for them.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me.

How about they go to 16 and add us and CU...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is the MVC getting off their arse and being proactive?

Comment

As the A-10 loses Charlotte and UMASS in the future they will become more and more a small private school league. Wichita State doesn't fit the profile or the footprint. CU on the other hand fits the profile nicely but location also would be an issue.

All this league talk earlier got me thinking. The Valley really is the only option for WSU minus football. That sort of sucks cause really Wichita State is it's own beast in the Valley. You have private schools, State directionals with football and then you have Wichita State. Throw into that WSU's location as the most southern and western school and it is sort of an odd ball match. If CU ever left for say the A-10 and WSU was left in the Valley, ugh and puke. Also eventually ISU red really wants FBS and wouldn't be shocked if they end up in the MAC 10 years from now. Who knows MSU might be able to eventually get to FBS as well.

The Valley got 2 teams in this yea but the MWC and A-10 got 4 teams in and WCC got 3. Heck the summit would have had 2 in if St. bonnie wouldn't have won the a-10 tourney. So really I don't know how I feel about the quality of the MVC but there is NO place to go.

Comment

This sucks. I'm happy for Butler if they get it. WSU has to get football in order to survive at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              Is the MVC getting off their arse and being proactive?
              No like always, that why we need to leave this POS conference
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The thing with Wichita State coming into a conference would be they bring the Wichita/ Kansas market but also bring the KC market as well. How many other schools bring multiple markets with them?

Comment

There has also been interesting chatter about CAA-A10 movement, with VCU and GMU being talked about as potentials to move to the A10. A lot of football implications here as neither VCU nor GMU have football. All sorts of rumors about the leagues looking into poaching the tops of the other and schools quietly exploring options. Just proper planning in my mind because who know what might happen. Again, just rumors to me but they start somewhere.

Just something I thought you might be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    The thing with Wichita State coming into a conference would be they bring the Wichita/ Kansas market but also bring the KC market as well. How many other schools bring multiple markets with them?
                    Hmmm, the 'KC market'????
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Travel budget will be a consideration for some of the smaller schools.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Hmmm, the 'KC market'????
                        right, pretty sure KC market has nothing to do with WSU. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                          right, pretty sure KC market has nothing to do with WSU. lol
                          Aren't all of WSU's televised games on in KC? That would make them bring the kc market with them.

Comment

This is bad news for the Shocks. If the a10 is serious about becoming the best non football league, look for them to make a run at CU and by extension Bradley. Drake and Evansville would cut their left arms off to backfill the Horizon. ISUr and MSU will both someday have FBS football. Maybe not tomorrow, but it will happen. They almost have to in order to survive. That leaves the Valley with the likes of UMKC and ORU to backfill. Hope ADES isn't asleep at the wheel. Our best avenue is to somehow make a play for the Alliance.

Comment

Would be nice to have the Big 12 pick up 2 non football schools.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X