No announcement yet.

NCAA Watch Party - w/Coach Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilas just said we could have been a higher seed. Likes our chances against VCU, but says VCUs chaotic defense will require us to take care of the basketball. Tough draw for sure, but if we win, we have a great chance to make a run...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      They (VCU) have won 18 of their last 19 games and 6 in a row....
      I think we'll blow out VCU. Indiana might be tough though. I'm worried about Cody Zeller, but they did lose their PG and when that happens to teams before the tourny they usually lose quickly.

Comment

• got some more love from Hubert Davis and Bilas on the EPSN Bracket show
        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Airline booked.
          Hotel booked.

Now waiting on confirm for tickets! :)

Comment

• Gotlieb just picked NMSt to upset Indiana to face us in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              Gotlieb just picked NMSt to upset Indiana to face us in the 2nd round.
              Saw that. I like our chances for a UK vs. WSU matchup. Would have like to hear his pick between us and New Mexico State...

Gottllieb and Dickie V also said the South was the toughest region by far, including the toughtest 4-5 seeds. Funny how the experts seem to have more confidence in the Shox than SOME of the posters on here...

Comment

• 19th overall Seed.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  Saw that. I like our chances for a UK vs. WSU matchup. Would have like to hear his pick between us and New Mexico State...

Gottllieb and Dickie V also said the South was the toughest region by far, including the toughtest 4-5 seeds. Funny how the experts seem to have more confidence in the Shox than SOME of the posters on here...
                  I remember us missing 41 shots in our last game. I've already forgotten the 27 wins before that. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                    Wow I hate Wichita State vs VCU that stinks....stings bad I wanted both to go far. Wanted you guys to play some BCS school.
                    You should read the VCU board.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                      You should read the VCU board.
                      Elaborate?
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                        Airline booked.
                        Hotel booked.

Now waiting on confirm for tickets! :)
                        Where are you sitting?
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          man Barkley is terrible on the truTV Hardcore bracket analysis show now
                          Barkley is like Edward R. Murrow compared to Kenny Smith!

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Elaborate?
                            "Lets GOOOOOOO! No reason why we can't win this game, let alone the tournament! F the shockers, F the haters. Go Rams Go!"

"Let's beat em 3 years in a row
                            Bracket busters 2011: win
                            1st round NCAA Tourny 2012: Undecided (let's hope that's a yes)
                            At home 2012-2013: Undecided (let's hope that's a yes to)
                            Go Rams let's Shaka The World again"

"you guys are gonna be shocked when you see us turn them over 20+ times and win.
                            we've got this.
                            sure they put up 77 pts/game but not when they cant keep the ball."

"not sure if WSU want us...
                            http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread. ... tournament."

(Good sports bluster. :witless: )

Comment

• Shocks congrats on your 5 seed, wish it was a 4. I dont like you guys getting VCU, but you can beat them. If they are as good at pressing as advertised, that could cause some problems, as it looked to me that the Shocks could turn it over more than they are used to against a strong press. Still, you guys have the athleticism to make them paying for pressing you. Be careful for the corners and other teams overplaying the passing lanes. Backdoor cuts will get you guys lots of mid range jumpers and during a half court trap.

One game at a time. Represent the MVC well and good luck! I' be cheering like crazy for you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetDrakeFan View Post
                                Shocks congrats on your 5 seed, wish it was a 4. I dont like you guys getting VCU, but you can beat them. If they are as good at pressing as advertised, that could cause some problems, as it looked to me that the Shocks could turn it over more than they are used to against a strong press. Still, you guys have the athleticism to make them paying for pressing you. Be careful for the corners and other teams overplaying the passing lanes. Backdoor cuts will get you guys lots of mid range jumpers and during a half court trap.

One game at a time. Represent the MVC well and good luck! I' be cheering like crazy for you guys.
                                Northern Iowa had 19 turnovers against VCU, and looked pretty pathetic. Nice thing is you know that Marshall and staff will be prepared for that. No doubt, it will be a very tough game. But they all are, or should be in March...

Comment

Working...
                                X