Tulsa at Wichita State Game Thread 2-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I am wondering if the Shockers will even be able to make it to Dallas for the rescheduled game on Thursday. Heard Dallas was expecting ice later today or tonight.
    On the post game IB said they were leaving after breakfast around 10am. I assume they are there by now.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
      I usually listen to MK call the away games. He is a homer but at least he knows the ins and outs of our team. Bob Hull commented on the Tulane pregame about wearing masks at the home games. He said everyone should just wear them. Last night he was walking around all over the place with no mask on. I can't figure people like that out.
      Didn’t have one on in Vegas either…
      The Assman

Comment

I usually listen to MK call the away games. He is a homer but at least he knows the ins and outs of our team. Bob Hull commented on the Tulane pregame about wearing masks at the home games. He said everyone should just wear them. Last night he was walking around all over the place with no mask on. I can't figure people like that out.
        I rolled by eyes on that comment also...
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

MK slander? Why?
          Is MK not touchable either? How is saying that he is unlistenable, slander?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Because it’s all political.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bob Hull commented on the Tulane pregame about wearing masks at the home games. He said everyone should just wear them. Last night he was walking around all over the place with no mask on. I can't figure people like that out.
              I agree. You all should wear masks. You can roll your eyes if you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

If you think his job is to be objective then you don’t understand his job.

And if you think he’s bad, then you should spend some
                time listening to others. We’re blessed to have MK.
                You MK fans are unbearable, too, FWIW. I've been calling for his resignation for years and always get chastised by you rubes.

And don't even get me going on Bob Hull.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is MK not touchable either? How is saying that he is unlistenable, slander?
                  You do not know the definition of slander.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Because it’s all political.
                    No, it's his job as the voice of the shockers. Just like every other college team has. They are there to promote the shockers not make them sound almost unwatchable, like they are at times.

For those who don't like him or don't want to listen to the homer side, I suggest you either turn the radio off or listen to our opponents broadcasting.

Comment

• Well, it was a win. The team was able to pull away at the end and actually build and hold a lead.

Still dumbfounded how JP continues to start and how Pohto was on the bench for nearly the entire first half.

Overall ugly game but Shox came out of the "Who's the worst team in the AAC" game with a win.

Not much more to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We've actually gotten some really good looks this game. We just suck at finishing them
                        Exactly. This has been a problem most of the year. Recruiting this year is crucial. I know most won’t agree but I still think IB needs a chance to have a full year to recruit before we send him on. I still think that he can win here.

Comment

On the post game IB said they were leaving after breakfast around 10am. I assume they are there by now.
                          Hopefully, that happened. I assume it did. I hope their hotel is fairly close to the arena. If Dallas gets ice it might more challenging to get from the hotel to the arena than getting from Wichita to Dallas. Dallas doesn't exactly cope well with icy conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Exactly. This has been a problem most of the year. Recruiting this year is crucial. I know most won’t agree but I still think IB needs a chance to have a full year to recruit before we send him on. I still think that he can win here.
                            why do I get the sense that IB is not recruiting and just planning on rolling out the same team next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hopefully, that happened. I assume it did. I hope their hotel is fairly close to the arena. If Dallas gets ice it might more challenging to get from the hotel to the arena than getting from Wichita to Dallas. Dallas doesn't exactly cope well with icy conditions.
                              I thought I heard the couldn't fly, so took a bus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No, it's his job as the voice of the shockers. Just like every other college team has. They are there to promote the shockers not make them sound almost unwatchable, like they are at times.

For those who don't like him or don't want to listen to the homer side, I suggest you either turn the radio off or listen to our opponents broadcasting.

At least Mike tells you what's going on in the game, unlike most of the current announcers who are so busy talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the game at hand that they can't even tell you who a foul was on.
                                "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Working...
                                X