UCF at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 1-26-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Has practice really helped them previously?
    This!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Has practice really helped them previously?
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

For some reason, I get the feeling that practice is mostly just a bunch of pick up games where coaches observe and make suggestions to players to do with as they please.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As I recall from an article by Eldridge, they got back to practicing Sunday. That would coincide with a 5-day quarantine starting Tuesday, which ties in with the two canceled games.

I've lost so much interest that I'm not inclined to go back and find that article and read it again to make sure this is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
            Was the team able to practice last week or was everything shut down? If everything was shut down, I don't like our chances of this even being close. If they were able to actually work on some stuff in the down time, maybe (big maybe) HCIB made some adjustments to the game plan. No practice last week = 15-20pt loss, practice last week = 5-10pt loss.
            saw a couple of the guys practicing in old town over the weekend.. a few at pumphouse on saturday night and dd at industry on sunday late night...

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

saw a couple of the guys practicing in old town over the weekend.. a few at pumphouse on saturday night and dd at industry on sunday late night...
              Good for them. Enjoy that college life.

Comment

lol :/

Imagine working your entire life in order to be recruited by a good school, then showing up and Covid hits. I mean... these guys are facing environments that nobody has come close to facing before. How to stay motivated when games are continually cancelled. How to even care? It feels like we're all losing years of our life we'll never get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  I'm sick and tired of feeling like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Let's get this ship turned around!!
                  Keep that thought, and we just might as well start on Wednesday.

Comment

Working on their shot selection no doubt.

Comment

Working on their shot selection no doubt.

Comment

Was the team able to practice last week or was everything shut down? If everything was shut down, I don't like our chances of this even being close. If they were able to actually work on some stuff in the down time, maybe (big maybe) HCIB made some adjustments to the game plan. No practice last week = 15-20pt loss, practice last week = 5-10pt loss.
                        lol you serious?

There were signs of trouble over a month ago and nothing has changed.

Adjustments? Haha, what you see is what you get. It’s become abundantly clear that “dawgs gonna dawg” and “ride or die with TE” are the only two principles that will ever be emphasized with this coaching staff.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Imagine working your entire life in order to be recruited by a good school, then showing up and Covid hits. I mean... these guys are facing environments that nobody has come close to facing before. How to stay motivated when games are continually cancelled. How to even care? It feels like we're all losing years of our life we'll never get back.
                            $100 if you can make a post that on this site that has nothing to do with the c-word.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

$100 if you can make a post that on this site that has nothing to do with the c-word.
                              Don't be such a little c**t. How's this c-word?
                              Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; January 25, 2022, 03:20 PM. Reason: Edited to be more funny.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Yeah...just imagine how life has a funny way of changing....the young people who had college planned and then lost a parent. How about the generation who looked forward to their lives but then so many sons (even younger than our players) bravely stepped forward and went off to war....never to return. How about the businesses that have been shattered by so many tragedies over the last several years. Indeed, just imagine. How does one stay motivated to play a game...a game that is giving them a "free" education.

Comment

Working...
                                X