Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaches speak about the transfer portal

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coaches speak about the transfer portal

    It's from The Athletic, so subscription only. But the takeaway is that it has significantly changed recruiting and even led one coach to prohibit post-game handshakes.

    https://theathletic.com/3080116/2022...-f-ed-up-cycle

  • #2
    That is one sobering piece. Small schools are so screwed. The kids are so screwed. We are so screwed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      That is one sobering piece. Small schools are so screwed. The kids are so screwed. We are so screwed.
      It’s what you get when children dictate policy

      Comment


      • #4
        Way to go Jay Bilas.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.
        ________________
        "Enjoy the ride."

        - a smart man

        Comment


        • #5
          Way of the world now.

          Have to adapt and overcome to survive.
          2022 WSU Wishlist:
          - New President
          - New AD
          - New MBB HC

          Comment


          • #6
            Can't build a program with redshirt 4 year players anymore

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Can't build a program with redshirt 4 year players anymore
              This is really sad, because that was the way a school like WSU could compete with the one and doners

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dan View Post

                It’s what you get when children dictate policy
                And as a result, what you get when you tell kids (98% of whom will never play pro ball) that money is more valuable than formal and informal education.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

                  And as a result, what you get when you tell kids (98% of whom will never play pro ball) that money is more valuable than formal and informal education.
                  Which given the demographics is very unfortunate and sad.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not to be a racist asshole, but I'll bet you $1000 to $1 that the inevitable damage that will be done to a largely minority base of student athletes in the form of wasted educational opportunities and minimal professional athletic successes will eventually be blamed on while privilege and their desire to monetize their dark skinned subjects.

                    Any takers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Not to be a racist asshole, but I'll bet you $1000 to $1 that the inevitable damage that will be done to a largely minority base of student athletes in the form of wasted educational opportunities and minimal professional athletic successes will eventually be blamed on while privilege and their desire to monetize their dark skinned subjects.

                      Any takers?
                      This is what happens when athletics > education. Taking the student out of student athlete.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, exactly what you get when you say the $100,000 to $200,000 education we are giving you has no value so we need to figure out how to get you some temporary cash that won’t prepare you for the world and will be gone because by God then we will be treating you right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Not to be a racist asshole, but I'll bet you $1000 to $1 that the inevitable damage that will be done to a largely minority base of student athletes in the form of wasted educational opportunities and minimal professional athletic successes will eventually be blamed on while privilege and their desire to monetize their dark skinned subjects.

                          Any takers?
                          I sure hope not...but CNN and the likes will most likely perpetuate that angle (lie).
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

                          NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

                          NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

                          AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

                          Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

                          Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And shockernet has now officially become Foxernet. I used to really enjoy the basketball discussion here. I’m out.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Kung Wu say war not determine who is right, war determine who is left.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X