Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Randy couldn’t successfully recruit four year players because they couldn’t take it that long with him. So essentially he was ahead of his time.

Wonder if he reads this board?

Also, ABC, social media has taken on more of a head hunting behavior than it did in its infancy. Not sure if that is your point that IB should be more supported than he is, as it is about 75/25 against him on what I’ve seen posted.
    My primary point is that I think the frustration with IB is 100% understandable and I am surprised Smithson had as much support as he did toward the end of his tenure.

Comment

I thought HCIB was a great story. I was wrong. I voted to fire him now & feel bad for doing so. It's a pull the band-aid off kind of thing. It'll still suck for a while. Players will leave. We'll be at the bottom of the conference for a while. It will just not take as long as if we wait three years to part with him.

Comment

When I lived in Fairmount Towers (long ago) with the basketball players, pretty much all of them were stoned when supplies were available. Some of the players got a little lethargic. Others got energized. The quality of the available product could be determined by watching the play of the, let's call them the less casual users.

Positive tests could go a long way in explaining some bench time that fans have questioned. Some of the things we think are stupid coaching might be based on situations that require some discipline that we will never be aware of.

If I look at this team based on my experience watching players who I knew were or were not stoned during games, I can name 4 or 5 very likely candidates. It ain't easy being a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
          When I lived in Fairmount Towers (long ago) with the basketball players, pretty much all of them were stoned when supplies were available. Some of the players got a little lethargic. Others got energized. The quality of the available product could be determined by watching the play of the, let's call them the less casual users.

Positive tests could go a long way in explaining some bench time that fans have questioned. Some of the things we think are stupid coaching might be based on situations that require some discipline that we will never be aware of.

If I look at this team based on my experience watching players who I knew were or were not stoned during games, I can name 4 or 5 very likely candidates. It ain't easy being a head coach.
          Aren’t you in your 80s? Players were getting stoned in the 50’s? Hmmm ok.

Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just need a current player to lie and say IB punched them with zero witnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

This must have happened just after you graduated from your tenure in a one room school house.

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                I rarely post, but occasionally I get some info from a person in the know that I am allowed to share.

1. No current movement to replace the coach at this time.
                2. Huge frustration that the athletic department is looking the other way yet again on something with the team. This is similar to how they looked the other way on GM issues for many years.
                3. This item being ignored is legal to some degree in most states, but not in KS. It is a very big problem with multiple players on the team to the point where some are wondering if it explains the highly inconsistent play we are seeing game to game. Yes, this is common with many players out there on many different teams across the US. However, this is not casual usage from what my source has been told.
                4. While big donors are not ready to see a coaching change, many are quite ready to see major changes in the athletic department administration.

Not here to spread rumors or demonize anybody. Just sharing what I was told from a person who has had very correct info in the past. If this post breaks any type of rules, feel free to delete it.
                Big donors aren’t ready for a coaching change, because the $$$ has dried up with the Ivanka and Marshall $h!tshows.

If they want to start seeing any of that $$$ back, cleaning house is they only way to get that ball rolling.

Also, if players would rather smoke the devil’s lettuce instead of being great basketball team/players, then they can become just a regular college student and forgo their scholarships.

This university needs an intervention.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                  Just need a current player to lie and say IB punched them with zero witnesses.
                  How about no... We can not like the on court results and decide to move on... But trying to make up stuff to discredit what appears to be a good man in order to not pay him.... No one should be on board with that.

Comment

Just don’t offer them a BB Scholarship next year. Cut them lose. IB’s job depends on it. Pretty irresponsible to let down the fans, the program, their team, and themselves.

Comment

• I dunno. College kids smokin dope? That's hard to believe

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

How about no... We can not like the on court results and decide to move on... But trying to make up stuff to discredit what appears to be a good man in order to not pay him.... No one should be on board with that.
                        Sarcasm is lost on the stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My memories fading. Wasn't Carlos Diggins part of Randy's problem? I believe he ran off Mo Evans.
                          If you gotta problem with Carlos then you better meet him in the parking lot to discuss it Mano-e-Mano. #TrueStory
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• If not for covid, this season could have happened last season. Doubt IB is getting the job then.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                              Testing is done, but what do you do when you get a positive? What do you do when a player shows up for a game with red eyes and a distinctive smell on his street clothes?

This might explain some substitution patterns and some starting sssignments.

This same situation occurred with some of WSU's best teams. A very good friend of mine shared housing with the basketball team's dealer for some of the best teams in program history. I don't know what the current situation is, I'm not pointing fingers or making accusations, and I don't mean to implicate any current players, but the word from players who had returned from NBA tryouts back then was the the quality of the products they were given there was exceptional.

If iB does what needs to be done and doesn't renew their scholarships unless they show clean for an extended period of time, you will absolutely hate IB for who will be in the portal at the end of the year.

Marshall's teams had the same problem. With the deep benches Marshall had, he could work around it.
                              I do know WSU has a history of smoking weed. When I was in college at wsu I went to the men’s sports dorm with some of the players from the 2013 to 2016 teams. Did it multiple times. Me and my girl did. The player I knew smoked a lot and I asked him do you not get in trouble if you test positive? He told me he wouldn’t ever miss a game for it. He said he might have practice punishment but thats it. He said wsu isn’t strict when it comes to that. I believed him because nobody ever got publicly outed for a failed UA for weed. Don’t ask me for the players names because couple of them I smoked with are playing professional ball. Now if this is still happening under IBs watch and he knows about it he should be fired with cause. But someone would need to out him. It won’t be current players. It would have to be someone close to the program. I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s still happening though. How often do you hear about NCAA division 1 players failing a drug test for weed? Not often!

Also I personally don’t think it’s the team smoking pot that is causing the horrible play. If that was the case then some of our best Marshall teams would have sucked. Yet they played damn good. It ain’t the devils lettuce it’s the coach and piss poor basketball play from our current players that has us sucking right now.
                              Last edited by WichitaHawk; January 17, 2022, 08:14 PM.
                              Shocker Alumni
                              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                I dunno. College kids smokin dope? That's hard to believe
                                You mean college athletes smoking dope. It happens way more often than any of us would like to hear. It should be federally legal anyways. I personally dont care if an athlete smokes it as long as they’re not high during practice or games. Smoke it all they want after. It’s not like they’re doing lines of blow or anything worse.
                                Shocker Alumni
                                Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                                Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Working...
                                X