Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The contrast between fans' current perspectives on Coach IB and fans' thoughts on Randy Smithson in 99/00 is quite interesting.

It is hard for me to believe that there were quite a few folks, especially here on SN, that thought firing Smithson was a mistake.

Comment

We need height, length, and players who walk in with a clue on what organized basketball looks like cause they aren’t getting coached up. I don’t GAS if you’re Coach K, you can’t win without them.

All it takes is two or three players to make a coach look like a genius.

Last edited by shoxlax; January 17, 2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        The contrast between fans' current perspectives on Coach IB and fans' thoughts on Randy Smithson in 99/00 is quite interesting.

It is hard for me to believe that there were quite a few folks, especially here on SN, that thought firing Smithson was a mistake.
        Randy couldn’t successfully recruit four year players because they couldn’t take it that long with him. So essentially he was ahead of his time.

Wonder if he reads this board?

Also, ABC, social media has taken on more of a head hunting behavior than it did in its infancy. Not sure if that is your point that IB should be more supported than he is, as it is about 75/25 against him on what I’ve seen posted.
        Last edited by shoxlax; January 17, 2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Randy couldn’t successfully recruit four year players because they couldn’t take it that long with him. So essentially he was ahead of his time.

Wonder if he reads this board?

Also, ABC, social media has taken on more of a head hunting behavior than it did in its infancy.
          My memories fading. Wasn't Carlos Diggins part of Randy's problem? I believe he ran off Mo Evans.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My memories fading. Wasn't Carlos Diggins part of Randy's problem? I believe he ran off Mo Evans.
            They both ran him off. Neither had someone on the bench strong enough to give them a sanity check.

Comment

Randy ran off Mo. Randy had a pill problem. Mo saw the writing on the wall.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Who was it that Randy had run up and down the arena steps knowing he had shin splints?

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  If we would have been drug testing our players and kicking out players who enjoyed the hippie lettuce, we wouldn't have been able to field a team for a long time.

And even if we did, we might have become the worst team in D-1. Same goes for every other school. I'm not exactly a fan or encouraging it, as it's something I choose to avoid, but I really don't care that much at the end of the day.
                  This is another situation where what is or isn't important to the people we have on our team or are recruiting likely is directly opposite of the majority of the fan base and likely the donors.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    So guys are coming to games high as a kite and that’s causing our piss poor play this season and it’s not coaching? Is that what’s being alluded to here?
                    If that's the case, maybe they need a half time dubie. They've look decent in the first halves lately.

Comment

I thought the turmoil of Randy not allowing Perez to break from a team meal to go eat with his parents, was the final straw.
                      Also thought Steve Eck meddling was the biggest problem.
                      I never really put much value in mo Evans. He was ok D1 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If that's the case, maybe they need a half time dubie. They've look decent in the first halves lately.
                        No more of these at the half...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I thought the turmoil of Randy not allowing Perez to break from a team meal to go eat with his parents, was the final straw.
                          Also thought Steve Eck meddling was the biggest problem.
                          I never really put much value in mo Evans. He was ok D1 at best.
                          He played ten years in the NBA. Not many can say that.

Comment

Sounds good to me
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Well hell...if this is true...it's no wonder we struggle to get to 60 points per game and make bone-headed mistakes. That crap sloooows the brain down. To be great...you have to be great. Not dazed and confused. Disappointed to read this.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I thought IB was a players coach and all the cool kids like playing for a coach like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X