Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I’m sure he’s a great person, personally. I haven’t seen or heard to suggest anything to suggest otherwise.

I just haven’t seen anything to suggest he knows to steer athletics in a successful direction.

Yes, a university is more than athletics. However, pragmatically, athletics do play a huge role in the success of a university. So getting it right is of upmost importance.
    Which is while I'll withhold judgement on Muma in this regard until we know what he does with Boatright come June. If he's retained then I'll be completely on board with Muma bashing. If he parts ways then that shows a little something.

Currently, we really have nothing to go on either way.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Testing is done, but what do you do when you get a positive? What do you do when a player shows up for a game with red eyes and a distinctive smell on his street clothes?

This might explain some substitution patterns and some starting sssignments.

This same situation occurred with some of WSU's best teams. A very good friend of mine shared housing with the basketball team's dealer for some of the best teams in program history. I don't know what the current situation is, I'm not pointing fingers or making accusations, and I don't mean to implicate any current players, but the word from players who had returned from NBA tryouts back then was the the quality of the products they were given there was exceptional.

If iB does what needs to be done and doesn't renew their scholarships unless they show clean for an extended period of time, you will absolutely hate IB for who will be in the portal at the end of the year.

Marshall's teams had the same problem. With the deep benches Marshall had, he could work around it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        If iB does what needs to be done and doesn't renew their scholarships unless they show clean for an extended period of time, you will absolutely hate IB for who will be in the portal at the end of the year.
        I'm not sure I really care about who enters the portal.

Comment

Things really haven’t changed much during the 20th/21st century. Ross and I used to ‘pound the moonshine’, but not during the season… usually after we were done shockin’ wheat in the summer. You shock enough wheat, you’ll be seeking your ‘shine’ dealer.

P.S. I could have used a jug of shine yesterday around 2.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If we would have been drug testing our players and kicking out players who enjoyed the hippie lettuce, we wouldn't have been able to field a team for a long time.

And even if we did, we might have become the worst team in D-1. Same goes for every other school. I'm not exactly a fan or encouraging it, as it's something I choose to avoid, but I really don't care that much at the end of the day.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              If we would have been drug testing our players and kicking out players who enjoyed the hippie lettuce, we wouldn't have been able to field a team for a long time.

And even if we did, we might have become the worst team in D-1. Same goes for every other school. I'm not exactly a fan or encouraging it, as it's something I choose to avoid, but I really don't care that much at the end of the day.
              This is my thought, except I occasionally partake. However, it sounds like it's becoming more than causal use and more of a problem and distraction for this team.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

This is my thought, except I occasionally partake. However, it sounds like it's becoming more than causal use and more of a problem and distraction for this team.
                Oh totally agreed. If that's a distraction (like anything else - legal or otherwise), it's a problem for the team. But if it isn't a problem, do what you want.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

So guys are coming to games high as a kite and that’s causing our piss poor play this season and it’s not coaching? Is that what’s being alluded to here?

Comment

Sorry…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

It's only an issue for losing teams. Winning teams have the same problem, but it's never brought up because, you know, WINNING!

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        So guys are coming to games high as a kite and that’s causing our piss poor play this season and it’s not coaching? Is that what’s being alluded to here?
                        Maybe a case of one leading to the other, or one not being addressed by coaches leading to the other. Either way it falls on both sides.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Boatright first, then IB.
                          Is it possible to "right the ship" without significant changes to our line ups / style?
                          As most of you know I have been skeptical since seeing the first few games of
                          the season. I've continuously favored playing KP at PF at least 15 minutes a
                          game and at center about the same 10-12 minutes as needed. IB has talked about
                          it but has not acted. We need to get BIGGER and that is the only solution I see
                          with our current roster. With KP's length I see upside not only for him but the TEAM.
                          Defensively, bigger in the paint. Offensively, a perimeter threat that forces our
                          opponents to commit a big man out on him. This creates more paint space for
                          Udeze to post up and more space for our dribble drivers. These are important
                          INTANGIBLES that make KP valuable to our offense/TEAM even without him
                          shooting a great deal more BUT most of us believe he CAN shoot. If given many
                          more opportunities he could really gain his confidence and shooting touch many of
                          us believes he has. THAT would really open up things, would make TE much
                          more effective as a catch and shoot guy, create paint space for CP, RC, DD and MU.
                          We have wasted half the season not trying this approach. Nothing to lose but KP now.

Comment

The four should be able to stretch the defense, so should the 5 for that matter. Problem is not that KP should be a 4, it's that we have 2 slugs at the 4 and 5 with Mo and Joe. Joe can hit the 4 a little but he's not what you would consider a stretch 4. We need KP at the 5 and Ricky at the 4. Are we smaller? Yes. But we are quicker and can spread the floor more with that lineup. With Ricky being arguably our best rebounder, it just makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Things really haven’t changed much during the 20th/21st century. Ross and I used to ‘pound the moonshine’, but not during the season… usually after we were done shockin’ wheat in the summer. You shock enough wheat, you’ll be seeking your ‘shine’ dealer.

P.S. I could have used a jug of shine yesterday around 2.

That was one of your best GIF/comment combos ever.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Is it possible to "right the ship" without significant changes to our line ups
                                Nope. This season is lost. No way can it be recovered. This team has BBIQ (evidently they smoking themselves stupid).

Fans have lost confidence. The abyss has now become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Go become a baseball or softball (or even woman basketball fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X