Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Who would you guess stays?
    Dex graduates, so.......wait, with HCIB back?

Comment

• Crap shoot especially if IB remains as HC. I'll say it again. Hope KP and CP stay.
      After that I'd go with RC, DD and MU.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Dex graduates, so.......wait, with HCIB back?
        I can't think of anyone who I'd be 100% sure comes back next year.

Comment

• For next year...if we could work the portal to get 2 starting guards with proven shooting accuracy and a legit AAC level power forward to go along with a bulked up Kenny Photo we may be able to...wait...ahh forgedda-bout-it.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I don’t get why IB thinks we can run the ball screen offense when, Mo can’t roll, Tyson won’t pass the ball. If we run that offense with Pohto he can pop and shoot the 3. No chance the ball screen works with MO and Tyson. Today that offense the last 4 minutes cost us dearly. Should have stayed in motion offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
              I don’t get why IB thinks we can run the ball screen offense when, Mo can’t roll, Tyson won’t pass the ball. If we run that offense with Pohto he can pop and shoot the 3. No chance the ball screen works with MO and Tyson. Today that offense the last 4 minutes cost us dearly. Should have stayed in motion offense.
              It doesn’t work because Mo won’t roll. He hesitates after the screen.

Inevitably Tyson is doubled, Mo should be open but the spacing sucks; therefore, Tyson can’t burn the double team with a pass to Mo…. Furthermore none of the help defenders are required to tag Mo which leaves the perimeter options blanketed… Basically none of the concepts that should make a pick and roll work come to fruition.

Comment

• I thought we played good basketball in the first half against Tulane and for nearly 3/4ths of this game. I believe we win both games with a full roster. So there are little sparks that might be growing into something.

BUT…….

After someone on here mentioned our body language during timeouts, I focused on that and was mortified by what I saw.

The coaches repeatedly spent the whole time-out in a coaches only huddle out on the court while the players just sat many feet away. At one point ETN even grabbed a clipboard and started drawing up something and trying to pump up the team.

The buzzer sounded and the coaching huddle broke and each coach went to a player to talk to them. It was obvious the players didn’t understand as they walked out of the timeout. This happened over and over. WHAT THE HELL????

This isn’t a GD Democratic process. We need a leader who knows what they want to do and looks each player in the eye to make sure they understand.

This is why we lost. Cinci executed their sets out of timeouts. We were lost and other then the Dex 3 attempt, we bumbled away each opportunity.

We were out-coached when it mattered the most.

Comment

• Oh and Monzy spent those timeouts eyeball measuring how many dance team members he might be able to fit on his futon…for movie night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                    Oh and Monzy spent those timeouts eyeball measuring how many dance team members he might be able to fit on his futon…for movie night.
                    That's what happens with "player disconnect". Consider me as worried about Monzy and Pohto being here for next year.

Comment

• Monzy is getting screwed

Comment

• Here's a quote from Etienne after the game. It doesn't seem to occur to him that if the opponents are making it difficult for him, they're making it easier for somebody else.

“Anybody in my situation knows I’m not going to get clean looks,” Etienne said. “I’m going to have to take contested shots because those are the options I’m getting. That’s the whole objective of the scouting report is to make sure I don’t get anything easy. I made some tough shots and I missed some down the stretch, but I felt like for the most part I did well on my tough shots. I don’t really expect to get anything easy. That’s just the nature of being who I am.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• “It means that we did take higher percentage shots, being that they were more two-pointers than three-pointers,” Etienne said. “I still think that we’re a good shooting team and we need to shoot threes more.”

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            Here's a quote from Etienne after the game. It doesn't seem to occur to him that if the opponents are making it difficult for him, they're making it easier for somebody else.

“Anybody in my situation knows I’m not going to get clean looks,” Etienne said. “I’m going to have to take contested shots because those are the options I’m getting. That’s the whole objective of the scouting report is to make sure I don’t get anything easy. I made some tough shots and I missed some down the stretch, but I felt like for the most part I did well on my tough shots. I don’t really expect to get anything easy. That’s just the nature of being who I am.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                            I probably need to watch the tape, but during the last few minutes I thought our spacing generally sucked on the PnR’s. Mo didn’t pop or roll. Therefore TE was doubled… and Mo didn’t create a Help the Helper situation which leaves everyone else covered.

Comment

• But KP can with a step back open three.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                But KP can with a step back open three.
                                The PnR would have worked better with KP.

Comment

Working...
                                X