Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    That's an absolutely silly line.

Am I the only one that thinks this game isn't going to happen anyway?
    This is another one of those “I’ll bet the west side of Wichita” bets.

-8.5 is hilarious.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just got some wave +9

Comment

We can't go to the WSU game tonight, so I called the ticket office, told them to void my hard copy tickets, and to leave new ones at the "will call" window for Kobe. Naturally, he'll have to show a photo I.D. to pick them up. That's not to suppress admission, it's to prevent fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          I'd be taking the Wave on that line
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            That's an absolutely silly line.

Am I the only one that thinks this game isn't going to happen anyway?
            I'm with you. I just got an uneasy feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Just curious, "scoring the basketball", where did this term come from. I've never seen any other way to score, in a basketball game, that is.
              I hear it all the time, and cringe when I do. Just don't understand.
              Shox- 73
              Green weenies - 65
              I had never really thought about it like that. There are a lot of redundancies we use regularly without thinking ("revert back" being one of the most common). However, you can do a lot of things with the basketball besides score (pass, dribble, steal, etc). If someone says "passing the basketball" do you cringe as well since there is nothing else to pass in a basketball game? To me, passing the basketball sounds better than scoring the basketball. Language is a funny thing.
              Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; January 12, 2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Just curious, "scoring the basketball", where did this term come from. I've never seen any other way to score, in a basketball game, that is.
                I hear it all the time, and cringe when I do. Just don't understand.
                Shox- 73
                Green weenies - 65
                Totally agree that sounds like a total suckass coinage of Billy Packer, Jim Nance or worse, Jay Bilas! Hate it! Scoring is the abstract verb defined as the act of the player shooting the basketball in the hoop in the game of basketball. Scoring is not what is done to the ball. TV guys invent stupid sports cliches to make themselves sound important and uniquely qualified.

Comment

How far has this program fallen that we have people debating pointless phrasing rather than talking about the team/game that is upcoming.

I don't mind, just found it sad/interesting.

If all goes well, Doc is right and this game won't be played and I won't have to subject myself to more torture.

Maybe I should get back to work.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    How far has this program fallen that we have people debating pointless phrasing rather than talking about the team/game that is upcoming.

I don't mind, just found it sad/interesting.

If all goes well, Doc is right and this game won't be played and I won't have to subject myself to more torture.

Maybe I should get back to work.

"'How far has this program fallen?' Haven't we all fallen? Fallen for the ideas that won't satisfy us? Fallen for the notion that we're just tiny specs on this giant blue and green marble? I tell you one thing that lets me forget that I've fallen...a Lincoln."
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      We can't go to the WSU game tonight, so I called the ticket office, told them to void my hard copy tickets, and to leave new ones at the "will call" window for Kobe. Naturally, he'll have to show a photo I.D. to pick them up. That's not to suppress admission, it's to prevent fraud.
                      Clever

Comment

Don't understand the line movement as it's moved to Shox +9.5

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          I guess it means there's a lot of money coming in on the Shox to cover. Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            Some people enjoy throwing their money away.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'll speculate that Tulane might be missing a key player or something smells fishy

Comment

AAC 3 - 1 = 69
                                AAC 0 - 2 = 84

Go Shockers!!!
                                Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 12, 2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X