Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We started 2018-2019 8-8 ...then lost 3 more to go 8-11
    How come you didn’t start your “Fire Marshall” thread then?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How come you didn’t start your “Fire Marshall” thread then?
      Early nominee for dumbest/trolling poster of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

Haha, Classic! The last 2 years of 3G were kinda rough when you think about it. But I still followed then like I follow now. Coaches come and go, but I am Shox for life!

If Monzy doesn’t start over Pleasant, then something is rotten in Denmark.
        Right on Az Shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

Haha, Classic! The last 2 years of 3G were kinda rough when you think about it. But I still followed then like I follow now. Coaches come and go, but I am Shox for life!

If Monzy doesn’t start over Pleasant, then something is rotten in Denmark.
          I don't know, the Shox were 45-23 (66% win %) and likely would have been in the tourney if not for Covid in 2020 (23-8 that year). I could actually watch the offense and not want to rip out my eyeballs because I knew adjustments would be coming or if someone made a stupid mistake they would actually have a consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't know, the Shox were 45-23 (66% win %) and likely would have been in the tourney if not for Covid in 2020 (23-8 that year). I could actually watch the offense and not want to rip out my eyeballs because I knew adjustments would be coming or if someone made a stupid mistake they would actually have a consequence.
            Taking from KenPom, the 2019-2020 offense had an AdjO of 105.6 (#117), this year's AdjO is 104.4 (#154). WSU hasn't been very good at scoring the basketball for four years. The last Shocker team that had an aesthetically pleasing offense featured Landry Shamet.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              The new employee is screwed because they can never compare to the silver box.
              Everything up to your last sentence, I agree with. And I really liked your post.

But the last sentence I completely disagree with. It takes time but a new leader can win over employees by ALSO performing at a consistently high level.

The real problem is when you turnover a high peformance leader; they are very, very difficult to replace and it generally takes several attempts to find one that can achieve the same level of results.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Taking from KenPom, the 2019-2020 offense had an AdjO of 105.6 (#117), this year's AdjO is 104.4 (#154). WSU hasn't been very good at scoring the basketball for four years. The last Shocker team that had an aesthetically pleasing offense featured Landry Shamet.
                Our defense was much much better in 19-20. I am guessing we will not finish this year 23-8.

Comment

Early nominee for dumbest/trolling poster of the year.
                  Hey old party guy with 790 friends,

Ill let you know when any one of your 600 posts in 5 months is worth a damn. Until then, you better slow your roll before somebody busts your hip.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In my mind the next two games are critical for IB and this years team. I think
                    both are pretty much coin flip games although I expect us to be a 3-4 point
                    favorites vs Tulane. Lose and we will be home court dogs on Sunday. If TE is
                    going to play north of 30 minutes he has to have a GOOD game shooting and
                    have no more than two turnovers and four or more assists. He is way over due
                    for putting together two good halves. The team must have more assists than
                    turnovers. I'll be there in my 2nd row seats expecting a good TEAM showing and
                    solid 65-56 win. Go shocks.

Comment

Line Movements for Shockers vs Green Wave provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Shockers opened as 8.5 favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        Someone’s been suckin’ back on grandpa’s old cough medicine.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Play team ball and leave it all on the floor on defense and we might look better than the last few games. Oh and Coach WAY better.

Comment

I agree with all of that. I'll add that I don't think Kennedy is the mentor that IB needs. I get the feeling that Kennedy reinforces IB's natural tendencies and IB needed to be moved in the opposite direction. With Kennedy mentoring, IB is being taught to go further in the direction he was already headed.
                            I was the operations manager for a company in Austin for several years. The reason I was promoted from service manager was because I disagreed with the owner much of the time, and was the only one with the balls to argue with the owner.
                            Most of the time we met I the middle. Our profits went 4 fold over my 10 years.
                            Sometimes you need someone who isn't a yes man.

Comment

That's an absolutely silly line.

Am I the only one that thinks this game isn't going to happen anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Just curious, "scoring the basketball", where did this term come from. I've never seen any other way to score, in a basketball game, that is.
                                I hear it all the time, and cringe when I do. Just don't understand.
                                Shox- 73
                                Green weenies - 65

Comment

Working...
                                X