Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    The last of the decent Wichita sports media?
    Shane Dennis say "Hello!"

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Shane Dennis say "Hello!"
      But, can Shane still be considered Wichita media? Or is he now regional media?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

But, Shane..........................is he now regional media?
        So Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

But, can Shane still be considered Wichita media? Or is he now regional media?
          I listen to Shane a lot. He is my favorite radio guy and Wichita media in my book. Sports daily was my favorite with Bruce and Shane. I have made the switch now, but I will always like Bruce. He will always be a Shocker!
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Bruce is leaving after the end of the week.

RIP THE BRUCE.

The fact that he even did a Wichita radio show while living in Tulsa and Denver was crazy. Kudos to him. *lip smack* *pulse check*

I kid because I care. He did have a good finger on the pulse of Wichita sports and will be sorely missed.

Now we will likely have to discuss climate change and how it "affects college football" with Jacob and Paul (yes, that was actually a topic of discussion last week).
            That’s an end of an era. Very unfortunate but like you said understandable.

Another time slot of local radio goes into the abyss. Jacob is a monumental step down, I’m sorry. And Savage? Savage is just laughable.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jacob seems to be big on equity in sports. Didn't need to hear any more, and haven't (in a long long time).
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 9, 2022, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Jacob seems to be big on equity in sports. Didn't need to any more, and haven't (in a long long time).
                I think that the entire KWCH news room is big into Democrat talking points like Equity, the Green New Deal, pro vaccine enforcement, pro abortion, etc.

Comment

• Since Jacob's comment on college athletes getting "zero percent" of the pie, I have no reason or desire to listen to his drivel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think that most newsrooms in the country are big into Democrat talking points like Equity, the Green New Deal, pro vaccine enforcement, pro abortion, etc.
                    FIFY
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Since Jacob's comment on college athletes getting "zero percent" of the pie, I have no reason or desire to listen to his drivel.
                      Yeah, never mind that they receive room, board, world-class training, travel, nutrition, education, and a stipend...that's the big problem I have with this crap. If the argument was, "maybe some athletes generate more than what they're worth and should be paid for it," I would be fine with the whole NIL deal. It would make sense, especially for marquee players (FVV, Ron, Cle).

But that's not what it's about. It's gone beyond that.

All of these journalists who are somewhere to the left of Lenin are into capitalism for players, unironically. The whole argument falls apart when it comes to womens' sports and non-revenue sports, which are subsidized by football and/or mens' basketball.

You want players to earn their market value? Fine. But if that's the case you'll have to eliminate every non-revenue sport and/or women's sports in the process.

The system we had ten years ago benefitted student-athletes who may have never had the chance to get an education like they did, created pride within the universities, and was generally accepted by our culture. But no more. Because our cultural institutions have become Communist breeding grounds, we must raze everything.

Jay Bilas and his ilk can kick rocks.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• What’s Jarrod Bartlett up to these days?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          What’s Jarrod Bartlett up to these days?
                          I may not be up to date, but I think he works for Spirit Aero Systems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think that the entire KWCH news room is big into Democrat talking points like Equity, the Green New Deal, pro vaccine enforcement, pro abortion, etc.
                            Equity seems to end up in the proverbial "throwing the baby out with bathwater." It loosens up rules too much.

Follow the science my a**. It does the exact opposite and then tells you to quit believing your lying eyes; "We can change the weather but you gotta pay us first."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Equity seems to end up in the proverbial "throwing the baby out with bathwater." It loosens up rules too much.

Follow the science my a**. It does the exact opposite and then tells you to quit believing your lying eyes; "We can change the weather but you gotta pay us first."
                              And if you don't, it will be the death of all mankind, in about 10 years.

Comment

• Have they started talking about watering crops with sports drinks yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X