No announcement yet.

Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Boob blame the Memphis loss on climate change?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Did Boob blame the Memphis loss on climate change?
      Lol. Good one

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Seriously, have you looked at January schedule? Where’s our next win? I’m sure there’s one in there somewhere, but what game do you know without a shadow of a doubt will be a win? Hell, Tulane scares me at this point.
        The next 6 games, if played, will be challenging. @Houston, vs Tulane, vs Cincinnati, @Temple, @SMU and vs UCF. I think going 3-3 in these games is doable. Don't ask me to put any money on that happening though.

The losses of Sasser and Mark are pretty significant for Houston. Makes them a bit more vulnerable to an upset but they will still be plenty tough.

Tulane was one you would have counted as an expected win not that long ago but after a very so-so non-con season going 3-6 before having their final 3 non-con games cancelled they opened up AAC play with a home win over Memphis and a road win over Cincinnati. They play ECU tonight.

Cincinnati had a good non-con record at 9-3 although the schedule was a bit suspect. When they faced crosstown rival #22 Xavier the were blown out 83-63. Looks kind of similar to the Shocks.

Temple seems like the have been up and down so far this season. They have started AAC play with two home losses 48-65 to UCF and 61-66 to Houston. They play @ UCF tonight. Strange scheduling.

I think SMU's 11-3 record is a bit misleading. Their non-con SOS is ranked #263. But they have opened AAC play with a 5-point road win at Tulsa and a 12-point home win over UCF.

UCF is was 8-2 in the non-con with 3 point loss at Oklahoma and a 17 point loss at #9 Auburn. Their best win was a 14 point win over Michigan. They are 1-1 in AAC play with win @ Temple and loss @SMU as per above.

Not sure the Shocks are as bad as they showed against Memphis. Not sure Memphis is as good as they showed against the Shocks. I see Memphis edged Tulsa 67-64 last night in Memphis. Memphis led that game by 18 in the 2nd half and led by 13 with 4:30 left in the game. Tulsa pulled to with 1 with 3 seconds to play. Go figure.

I think the Shocks are capable of beating any one of these 6 teams. They are also capable of losing to any of these teams. Will probably have a pretty good idea where this team is at the end of this stretch of games.

Comment

I’ve said this before…I generally like Wichita sports radio because it’s free of the hot takes that infest pro sports towns, which is why I don’t listen to sports talk up here in KC for the most part. Bruce and Jacob (and Shane Dennis as well) are not hot take artists and have their own opinions, seemingly not just to draw viewers or clicks. I appreciate that.

But Jacob’s insistence that “all is well” is a pretty abject denial of reality. He doesn’t seem to grasp the nuances of why Shocker fans are frustrated, and refuses to see the forest for the trees.
          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; January 5, 2022, 06:57 PM.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            I’ve said this before…I generally like Wichita sports radio because it’s free of the hot takes that infest pro sports towns, which is why I don’t listen to sports talk up here in KC for the most part. Bruce and Jacob (and Shane Dennis as well) are not hot take artists and have their own opinions, seemingly not just to draw viewers or clocks. I appreciate that.

But Jacob’s insistence that “all is well” is a pretty abject denial of reality. He doesn’t seem to grasp the nuances of why Shocker fans are frustrated, and refuses to see the forest for the trees.
            I'm not sure he thinks all is well. I think he thinks all the wailing and gnashing of teeth is a bit premature and that HCIB is not being given a fair shake. That said we should know whether or not that's the case by the end February depending on how much of the season is actually played.

In any case, I think HCIB will finish at least 3 years of his contract at a minimum. I'm hoping we some some growth for Coach Brown as we go along here.

Comment

It blows my mind that the Lutz’s are still the drive-time show in town….

It’s embarrassing, to be honest.
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Amen to this. It makes it look amateurish for those two clowns to have as much run as they do. Embarrassing is an appropriate word.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Lutz to debate Albrecht at 425 this afternoon.
                  I bet dozens of people were enthralled
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I suppose it's available yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Totally disagree… listening to Haertland Albracht is 100 times worse…father/ son don’t take themselves too seriously….

really Wichita talk sports radio has always been lacking…

but if you don’t like don’t listen… easy solution

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm not sure he thinks all is well. I think he thinks all the wailing and gnashing of teeth is a bit premature and that HCIB is not being given a fair shake. That said we should know whether or not that's the case by the end February depending on how much of the season is actually played.

In any case, I think HCIB will finish at least 3 years of his contract at a minimum. I'm hoping we some some growth for Coach Brown as we go along here.

Your point might be lost on some of the Shockernet posters, at least according to what little nonsense I've had the stomach to read anyway.

Why would any other conclusion be drawn than the premature slant? Is he the Coach that won the conference last year (with a good point guard), or the Coach with players that at times make the keystone cops look like Radio City Rockettes? How in the hell could anyone know that today, with only one Conference game in the can?

11-3 SMU put together a pretty decent 2nd half against UCF 2 days ago in a win. The same UCF who lost to OU by 3 and has a win over the Wolverines. Yet, that SMU team lost to the mighty Missouri Tigers by 5 on a neutral court. It's not a leap to say WSU is in either teams' weight class, right now.

Comment

92.3 is far and away the best sports talk. Shane Dennis 12-2

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Totally disagree… listening to Haertland Albracht is 100 times worse…father/ son don’t take themselves too seriously….

really Wichita talk sports radio has always been lacking…

but if you don’t like don’t listen… easy solution
                            That's the problem with the Lootz's, who I listen to every now and then accidentally; the sports talk is lacking, literally. It'd be nice if they could at least be a little funny every now and then, but that's wishing for too much. Frankly, they come off like 2 god***n immodest Chicken fans. A little more self-effacing sports conversation would be a welcome change. Oh, wait...

The Daily show has much more sports content in comparison.

Comment

Say what you want about Savage but he's about the only one that pushes back against Albrecht's rose colored generalizations.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Say what you want about Savage but he's about the only one that pushes back against Albrecht's rose colored generalizations.
                                Good grief, Paul Savage is still on the air???

Comment

Working...
                                X