Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry, but another dumb comment. I'm a "Shocker Faithful" and I'm criticizing. I've been listening on the radio and watching games for the past 67 years. Does that not qualify?
    He’s talking about the Facebook group.

It’s all sunshine and rainbows 24/7 over there.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That group is very resistent to anything not glowingly said about the program. I chose to part ways as no true discussion could ever really be had unless you agreed with those that run it. Some seem to wear getting kicked out of the group for disagreeing with the rainbows and unicorns outlook of the group as a badge of honor.

To each their own. I'd rather have real discussions even if that means there's disagreement on what we see, think and believe. We can still be civil with those with differing viewpoints.
      I think you are overestimating the civility level of this group.....I WOULD be interested in knowing the athletic acumen of the posters here...I certainly don't have the sports IQ to make these difficult calls...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Hell, take that a step further, how many on our roster would actually make Memphis' roster?

If you were picking teams for a game, list the players in order for your draft. You'd go a ways to get to Dex and Tyson. And if you went for another Shocker before pick 15, you don't understand basketball.

Small nugget, Bates and Lomax didn't play (full time starter and part time starter and best true PG) but also Chandler Lawson didn't play. Played every game at Oregon (top 20 team) and started 20+ for 2 years there. Part time starter and absolute key contributor DOESN'T GET OFF THE BENCH FOR MEMPHIS.
        I’m not sure Tyson would be a top 2 pick off our own team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Hell, take that a step further, how many on our roster would actually make Memphis' roster?

If you were picking teams for a game, list the players in order for your draft. You'd go a ways to get to Dex and Tyson. And if you went for another Shocker before pick 15, you don't understand basketball.

Small nugget, Bates and Lomax didn't play (full time starter and part time starter and best true PG) but also Chandler Lawson didn't play. Played every game at Oregon (top 20 team) and started 20+ for 2 years there. Part time starter and absolute key contributor DOESN'T GET OFF THE BENCH FOR MEMPHIS.
          This cannot be overstated. I know it's easy to say we have a coaching problem (and I would agree that the Xs and Os aren't at the same level as they were overall when Marshall was here), but even deeper than that, we have a personnel problem.

How (or if) that gets solved in the next few years will play a bigger role than anything in the direction of this program. And recruiting is part of evaluating a coaching staff's performance.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            I have to say I found Bruce's comment about comparing WSU and Memphis rosters to be thought provoking and sobering. "Which of our starters would start for Memphis?" Hmmm. Yeah. That one hurts a bit.
            How many of our guys would be offered by Memphis?

Comment

Memphis gets players who don't need to screw their games up by auditioning for an NBA tryout and listening to whatever they're being fed in those tryouts. DD and TE DID NOT benefit from spending a summer in an NBA tryout camp.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                Memphis gets players who don't need to screw their games up by auditioning for an NBA tryout and listening to whatever they're being fed in those tryouts. DD and TE DID NOT benefit from spending a summer in an NBA tryout camp.
                DD could have developed into an NBA 2 guard, the way he shot the ball his freshmen year. At the time, it looked like he just needed better handles and to get stronger finishing with contact. Unfortunately, his weaknesses are still the same and his shooting has gotten a lot worse. I guess it’s up the player to improve if they are wanting to get to the next level. Not sure what to say about Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                  i

If what you’re saying is true then this guy is moron.
                  Albrecht was arguing that the Shockers are a bubble NCAA team right now = delusion

WSU Net of 78

Q1 1-1
                  Q2 0-2

Those numbers don't bode well unless WSU changes its stripes and starts winning some quality games.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Albrecht was arguing that the Shockers are a bubble NCAA team right now = delusion
                    Bubble?! Don't talk about bubble! Are you kidding me? Bubble?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

Seriously, have you looked at January schedule? Where’s our next win? I’m sure there’s one in there somewhere, but what game do you know without a shadow of a doubt will be a win? Hell, Tulane scares me at this point.
                    78-65

Comment

Lutz to debate Albrecht at 425 this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Lutz to debate Albrecht at 425 this afternoon.
                        Gee, I bet that'll be scintillating...for me to poop on.

Comment

That would be just brutal to listen to IMO.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

This guy is a CLOWN. He makes the Lutzs look like Mensa members.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Albreght predicts WSU is finishing top 3 this year…. Lmfao
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well that was a total dud. Lootz said he was going to set him straight and ended up agreeing with him. Offered a bunch of high level generalizations. Keeps on painting a picture this was a total rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X