X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

But, Shane..........................is he now regional media?
    So Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri?

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Shane Dennis say "Hello!"
    But, can Shane still be considered Wichita media? Or is he now regional media?

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    The last of the decent Wichita sports media?
    Shane Dennis say "Hello!"

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    So long 'The Bruce'...

There's a tear in my beer...

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    If there was still a reason to tune in, it ends Friday.
    Jacob is totally acceptable to me.

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    If there was still a reason to tune in, it ends Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I never understood why so many people had a problem with Bruce. Yes, he could be a bit wordy at times, but at least he was knowledgeable about sports and WSU in particular.
    Please tell me Paul won't be a regular now!
    Haha, yeah, I have heard great things about Paul personally, but one member of the Wichita sports media has told me, "great guy, great friend, but terrible at radio." That sounds pretty spot on.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    The last of the decent Wichita sports media?

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Bruce is leaving after the end of the week.

RIP THE BRUCE.

The fact that he even did a Wichita radio show while living in Tulsa and Denver was crazy. Kudos to him. *lip smack* *pulse check*

I kid because I care. He did have a good finger on the pulse of Wichita sports and will be sorely missed.

Now we will likely have to discuss climate change and how it "affects college football" with Jacob and Paul (yes, that was actually a topic of discussion last week).
    I never understood why so many people had a problem with Bruce. Yes, he could be a bit wordy at times, but at least he was knowledgeable about sports and WSU in particular.
    Please tell me Paul won't be a regular now!

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I saw something on Twitter this morning that said that he was starting a new show in Denver from 7-9am Mountain time, so I wondered if his time on Sports Daily was concluding.
    Yeah, sad, but understandable. Not many other people who would have continued to follow and cover a market after leaving it.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    I saw something on Twitter this morning that said that he was starting a new show in Denver from 7-9am Mountain time, so I wondered if his time on Sports Daily was concluding.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Bruce is leaving after the end of the week.

RIP THE BRUCE.

The fact that he even did a Wichita radio show while living in Tulsa and Denver was crazy. Kudos to him. *lip smack* *pulse check*

I kid because I care. He did have a good finger on the pulse of Wichita sports and will be sorely missed.

Now we will likely have to discuss climate change and how it "affects college football" with Jacob and Paul (yes, that was actually a topic of discussion last week).

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    A little tardy on this but did anyone catch junior's comment yesterday, "does anyone even care anymore?"

I don't know maybe ask the guys serving federal prison sentences or the coaches who were fired or the schools that already received their punishment including postseason ban...

#RU****INKIDDINGME

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

But that would make Doc my daddy.

Thanks for making this thread weird.
    As if this thread needing much of boost, son.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Okay, I will say this in the interest of fairness: While I don’t like the format for Bob’s show, I do admire the countless hours he gives to the community with League 42 every year. He is way less abrasive if you get to know him personally, which I have a bit. I ignore his politics, as I try to do with most people, and find the good common traits I see with him.

Don’t accuse me of being Bob or being put up to this by him.
    1000% here. And I actually enjoy the way he used to run the show, before he injected his political theatre into it (with the election and pandemic). They both have forced me to destroy all the Eagles albums and CDs I accumulated over the years. His work with League 42 is beyond admirable and I wish more would get involved.

However, I am clearly not the good man shoxlax is, by miles, and I'll leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X