No announcement yet.

Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting word that the entire posting team is in the Covid protocol...

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Ahh the old Dave Dahl alternate stats.
      I use that joke all the time and it still never gets old.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• With all the player defections likely coming, can we expect a Good-man article later this year?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I'm saying that the donors (at least some) are likely not donating because of their close ties to the previous coach and that there is only one thing that can rectify that, and Muma is NOT going to do what needs to be done to rectify that. That is what I am saying. I think he will likely get rid of DB but that will not be enough for some of the donors.
          I get your thinking but think it's overblown. Yes, the big donors liked 3G and winning. I don't think they ever cared much for Boatright. DB has handled things poorly which just makes people dislike him more. So you have an unlikable AD that has done things to piss people with money off. A new AD can mend those fences. Thise donors still want to see WSU do well. Most wealthy people aren't wealthy because they throw money at bad people or ideas. That's what government does. Wealthy people support those with good visions and have shown the ability to be successful. New blood can do that and those donors will return.

If Muma can't see something that obvious he's the wrong man for the job. I don't think Muma is an idiot. I don't know what he is in the big picture at WSU, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't understand the importance of men's basketball to the overall health of not only thr athletic department but the university as a whole. Great strides have been taking place on campus outside of athletics, but athletics still plays a huge part in much of that. Muma has been around the university for a number of years and has to understand all of this.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I get your thinking but think it's overblown. Yes, the big donors liked 3G and winning. I don't think they ever cared much for Boatright. DB has handled things poorly which just makes people dislike him more. So you have an unlikable AD that has done things to piss people with money off. A new AD can mend those fences. Thise donors still want to see WSU do well. Most wealthy people aren't wealthy because they throw money at bad people or ideas. That's what government does. Wealthy people support those with good visions and have shown the ability to be successful. New blood can do that and those donors will return.

If Muma can't see something that obvious he's the wrong man for the job. I don't think Muma is an idiot. I don't know what he is in the big picture at WSU, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't understand the importance of men's basketball to the overall health of not only thr athletic department but the university as a whole. Great strides have been taking place on campus outside of athletics, but athletics still plays a huge part in much of that. Muma has been around the university for a number of years and has to understand all of this.
            Bio…

https://www.wichita.edu/administrati...k_muma_bio.php
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              And? Looks pretty boilerplate.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                I'm just waiting for somebody to go "Joe Biden" on a poster.
                I uh....,..... maybe.... Umm...we should punt the basketball at the ring .......you know the thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  With all the player defections likely coming, can we expect a Good-man article later this year?
                  Yes. Blaming FHCGM for everyone leaving.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    With all the player defections likely coming, can we expect a Good-man article later this year?
                    Wonder if there would some woke article from someone about how this proves America is racist because they don’t want to play for a black head coach (All before realizing the entire roster is black)?

You just know some woke blogger is out there that would make that kind of error.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

And Cold is the Clorox.
                      Im not injecting cold into my veins.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

A Gif of George Gervin would be appropriate here if I had the skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Me either...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Me either...

Man. He was beautiful back in the day. Just a majestic troll. Wasn’t this in a Terra Haute bar? I remember it being a valleytalk poster that dressed up like him on Halloween. Talk about rent free.

now all he does is babble incessantly about Covid. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Sorry, best I can do is Fred Garvin. Is this close enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X