No announcement yet.

Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A doomsday prophecy....no one stats after this year....

a promising prphecy...no one stays after this year...total start over

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      A doomsday prophecy....no one stats after this year....

a promising prphecy...no one stays after this year...total start over
      Jeremiah?
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Give me the five Sub named and a new coach/staff that is able to drag a
        couple good players with them. Then land a couple out of the portal.
        A scenario like this could reinvigorate the program quickly, excite the fan
        base and fill the seats again. We just need 8-10 good players, in fact, more
        than that can complicate things. Everyone needs to know their roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I'm still holding out hope for Muma. But that really does depend on what happens this summer in regards to DBs contract and what direction he goes. There's no way he's not aware of the financial burden we're currently in and that DB is a big reason for it. He's aware. He knows. It all comes down to how much he cares. Until proven otherwise, I have to believe.

False hope.

Gut feeling.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

False hope.

Gut feeling.
            Money talks. I don't think he can ignore that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Money talks. I don't think he can ignore that.
              For the reason they are not donating, he will ignore it. He will not stick his neck out for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

For the reason they are not donating, he will ignore it. He will not stick his neck out for that.
                You think he's willing to turn his back on the entire athletic department? Basketball basically funds all other sports. Basketball can't even fully fund itself right now. That money isn't coming back as long as DB is here. Is it really sticking one's neck out to address that?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You think he's willing to turn his back on the entire athletic department? Basketball basically funds all other sports. Basketball can't even fully fund itself right now. That money isn't coming back as long as DB is here. Is it really sticking one's neck out to address that?
                  I'm saying that the donors (at least some) are likely not donating because of their close ties to the previous coach and that there is only one thing that can rectify that, and Muma is NOT going to do what needs to be done to rectify that. That is what I am saying. I think he will likely get rid of DB but that will not be enough for some of the donors.

Comment

I wasn't provided names, and I wouldn't pass that along even if I was. I get the feeling that there's so much division in the locker room that you're probably going to have people on all sides of the divide leaving. My personal fear is that a couple of the younger, more promising talents will be among them. Hope I'm wrong on that as there's plenty of upside to a few of these guys. But I could see at least half of the scholarship players leaving.

I think I've said before that the one's I most want to stay are Porter, Pohto and Council. There are others I like, but that's a trio that could give us something to work with and fill in the gaps around them. Also hoping Ricks and Abidde stay, but it's hard to tell with RS's as to how they're feeling about things. But honestly, nobody leaving would be a surprise at this point.

My pure speculation is I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few new faces on the coaching staff next year.
                    Fair enough. To be honest, a little new blood might be what we need as a program, both in the coaching and players. Because obviously what we have right now isn’t working.

I’ve been wondering about the coaching staff. Biggest question mark for me is Kennedy, since he’s supposed to be Brown’s supposed mentor and all.

Comment

• Kung Wu I shouldn't see posters referring to each other as Klan members nor as Libtards in the basketball forums. If they want to go that direction the political forum is available, though that type of labelling should be beneath us in any event. I would venture most posters have more in common than differences. I don't want to sit through woke/racist debates on why the team sucks. They suck because they aren't very good nor very well coached and we have an empty suit for an AD that let it get here. The rest is just noise and I'd like to see us come together and argue about basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        Kung Wu I shouldn't see posters referring to each other as Klan members nor as Libtards in the basketball forums.
                        Whatever, pinko.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Whatever, pinko.
                          Well, why don't you put on your jackboots and start instilling some order around here!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Well, why don't you put on your jackboots and start instilling some order around here!
                            This one is tricky as it may be where politics and men's basketball overlap. However, I lost interest in this particular thread early on so I haven't been reading it. We need to lock it, or what?
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

This one is tricky as it may be where politics and men's basketball overlap. However, I lost interest in this particular thread early on so I haven't been reading it. We need to lock it, or what?
                              I vote we keep it. Kinda like SN group therapy.

Comment

No, and certainly I don't mind a good natured ribbing, from you or ShockRef . We know he prefers ribbed, just ask Graham Hatch.

We do have posters going at each other in ways that I think go to personal attacks. My guess is everyone wants the best for the program and there is an intersection of politics, but only on the periphery. It isn't limited to this thread either. I don't want to see good Shocker fans hounded off this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X