No announcement yet.

Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard from a source of a source of a source. Sounds bad, but I trust my source and I know my sources source and trust them. That source has someone very close to the program that would know more than most of us.

As I'm sure many of us could guess from the outside, there's a lot of problems internally with this team.

Mass exodus should be expected. No real surprise

Also heard that the financial problems are bad enough that they couldn't take everyone that normally goes on road trips (managers and such) due to lack of funds on the last road trip because the big money donors are withholding funds. Again, something we pretty much knew, but for me, worse than I'd realized.

For me, this goes from something we may have been expecting based on outside observations to absolute confirmation from sources close to the situation. So while not breaking news, it's confirmation that things are **** and are going to be **** at least in the short term.

To sum up, at the end of the season, which will be whenever we get bounced in the AAC tournament, we will have few players, a bad coach, and no money in the program. The future isn't looking quite so bright these days.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• we're stuck in a rut. It's gonna be the 90's all over. The sooner we can get a fund raising AD with vision the better.

Comment

• So the players and media hired this coach. Hell a portion of the more short-sighted fanbase cried out loud "for God's sake we can't lose the roster!!!".

So what happens when the player's coach loses his roster and the bank account is in overdraft? This is such a total clusterfuq. We can't get rid of ADDB fast enough in order to put ourselves in a situation to course correct. Until that happens things will get worse with no hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Just heard from a source of a source of a source. Sounds bad, but I trust my source and I know my sources source and trust them. That source has someone very close to the program that would know more than most of us.

As I'm sure many of us could guess from the outside, there's a lot of problems internally with this team.

Also heard that the financial problems are bad enough that they couldn't take everyone that normally goes on road trips (managers and such) due to lack of funds on the last road trip because the big money donors are withholding funds. Again, something we pretty much knew, but for me, worse than I'd realized.

For me, this goes from something we may have been expecting based on outside observations to absolute confirmation from sources close to the situation. So while not breaking news, it's confirmation that things are **** and are going to be **** at least in the short term.

To sum up, at the end of the season, which will be whenever we get bounced in the AAC tournament, we will have few players, a bad coach, and no money in the program. The future isn't looking quite so bright these days.

Well, I guess the bright side would be that we are prepared for the exodus with all the 2022 commits we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Well, I guess the bright side would be that we are prepared for the exodus with all the 2022 commits we have.
            IB will be able to sell playing time
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

IB will be able to sell playing time
              Is it safe to assume that our invite to the Big East might be postponed a bit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I agree with all of this The only things I would add, is the fact that the shot clock coupled with the 3point shot has made it a game of drive and dish to a 3 point shooter or occasionally a layup. Mid-level open shots and ball movement are almost non-existent in today's game.
                That was a very short self-ban
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Just heard from a source of a source of a source. Sounds bad, but I trust my source and I know my sources source and trust them. That source has someone very close to the program that would know more than most of us.

The only bright side I can see is that Muma has to be aware of the situation in the athletic department and the donors withholding funds. If DB is still on the payroll after his contract expires in June, then two consecutive searches for WSU's President have been dismal failures.

Comment

• There is only one real answer and it will never happen unfortunately...

Comment

• I'm still holding out hope for Muma. But that really does depend on what happens this summer in regards to DBs contract and what direction he goes. There's no way he's not aware of the financial burden we're currently in and that DB is a big reason for it. He's aware. He knows. It all comes down to how much he cares. Until proven otherwise, I have to believe.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Mass exodus worse than last time? Any ideas on who stays and who’s for sure gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Mass exodus worse than last time? Any ideas on who stays and who’s for sure gone?
                          Guessing the young guys are gone. Just my guess. They would have the most to gain by moving on to a better situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I wasn't provided names, and I wouldn't pass that along even if I was. I get the feeling that there's so much division in the locker room that you're probably going to have people on all sides of the divide leaving. My personal fear is that a couple of the younger, more promising talents will be among them. Hope I'm wrong on that as there's plenty of upside to a few of these guys. But I could see at least half of the scholarship players leaving.

I think I've said before that the one's I most want to stay are Porter, Pohto and Council. There are others I like, but that's a trio that could give us something to work with and fill in the gaps around them. Also hoping Ricks and Abidde stay, but it's hard to tell with RS's as to how they're feeling about things. But honestly, nobody leaving would be a surprise at this point.

My pure speculation is I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few new faces on the coaching staff next year.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I wasn't provided names, and I wouldn't pass that along even if I was. I get the feeling that there's so much division in the locker room that you're probably going to have people on all sides of the divide leaving. My personal fear is that a couple of the younger, more promising talents will be among them. Hope I'm wrong on that as there's plenty of upside to a few of these guys. But I could see at least half of the scholarship players leaving.

I think I've said before that the one's I most want to stay are Porter, Pohto and Council. There are others I like, but that's a trio that could give us something to work with and fill in the gaps around them. Also hoping Ricks and Abidde stay, but it's hard to tell with RS's as to how they're feeling about things. But honestly, nobody leaving would be a surprise at this point.

My pure speculation is I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few new faces on the coaching staff next year.
                              If we can keep those 5 I would be ecstatic!! Doesn't seem likely at this point though.

Comment

• Boatwrong HAS to go!! That needs to be the first domino to fall.

Did a quick google search and I didn't realize that Jim Schaus is now the commissioner of the Southern Conference.

Jim Schaus is in his fourth year at the helm of the Southern Conference in 2022-23. He was introduced as the ninth commissioner in league history on July 1, 2019.   Throughout

Comment

Working...
                                X