No announcement yet.

Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you see a child throwing a temper tantrum in Walmart, do you blame the child or the parent?

it’s not the kids’ fault. From President to coach, this is the weakest WSU leadership since the 90’s.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
      Instead, he chose to cripple a basketball program, that had made him a multi-millionaire, just to make himself richer.
      BS. He was fighting for the program until the day he walked out the door. He was even coaching the players from his couch once he was gone. And when the University gave him a Golden shower, he took his pay off and deserved every cent.

it’s not HCGMs fault they named IB the interim instead of Lou. It’s not Marshalls fault ADDB forwent a legit coaching search and instead hired IB.

They should have taken the recruiting hit for one year instead of the 3 year recruiting hit they took with IB at the helm.

This program is rife with politically correct corruption. Until that changes both the program and the institution will be garbage.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I am very familiar with contract law and you are right, extorted was a poor choice of words.

My point however remains intact. There was nothing stopping GM from resigning and taking say a 1 or 2 million pay off.
        If he considered the program he built his legacy and was truly the most important thing to him that would seem reasonable.

He already had more than enough money for himself, and he knew the allegations were true.

Instead, he chose to cripple a basketball program, that had made him a multi-millionaire, just to make himself richer.
        Are you saying you would turn down or walk away from $5,750,000 to $6,750,000?? That is completely insane. Particularly the way the university handled the situation at the end. Don't kick me in the nuts and expect me to shake your hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Are you saying you would turn down or walk away from $5,750,000 to $6,750,000?? That is completely insane. Particularly the way the university handled the situation at the end. Don't kick me in the nuts and expect me to shake your hand.
          I guess it comes down to character. It is also completely insane to pretend GM is the victim here. I agree the situation should have been handled better, but GM brought the situation on himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

3G was not going to go away quietly, it’s not his personality. $6 mil is a lot of money but it’s only 2 years salary to 3G. You gotta put it in perspective. He could have made a helluva lot more than $6M had he been allowed to keep coaching, whether that be here or somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

BS. He was fighting for the program until the day he walked out the door. He was even coaching the players from his couch once he was gone. And when the University gave him a Golden shower, he took his pay off and deserved every cent.

it’s not HCGMs fault they named IB the interim instead of Lou. It’s not Marshalls fault ADDB forwent a legit coaching search and instead hired IB.

They should have taken the recruiting hit for one year instead of the 3 year recruiting hit they took with IB at the helm.

This program is rife with politically correct corruption. Until that changes both the program and the institution will be garbage.
              But it is GM's fault that a new coach had to be hired at all.

I personally would have had no problem retaining GM and saying screw the media. Having said that, I would have been very concerned that his ability to recruit going forward would have been reduced tremendously.

I no DB fan, but it was GM that put him in the position and gave him the ammunition to make the decision he did.

Comment

I guess it comes down to character. It is also completely insane to pretend GM is the victim here. I agree the situation should have been handled better, but GM brought the situation on himself.
                GM is not a victim. He is also not the victimizer in this scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

3G was not going to go away quietly, it’s not his personality. $6 mil is a lot of money but it’s only 2 years salary to 3G. You gotta put it in perspective. He could have made a helluva lot more than $6M had he been allowed to keep coaching, whether that be here or somewhere else.
                  If you put it into perspective that money did little to nothing to enhance the lives of the Marshall family considering what they already had.

Comment

• You know I bet these players want to be coached by the guy who gives them the best chance to win. When comparing the two. Glory feels a lot better than shame even if I get yelled at in practice.

Comment

I am very familiar with contract law and you are right, extorted was a poor choice of words.

My point however remains intact. There was nothing stopping GM from resigning and taking say a 1 or 2 million pay off.
                      If he considered the program he built his legacy and was truly the most important thing to him that would seem reasonable.

He already had more than enough money for himself, and he knew the allegations were true.

HCGM earned everything he was and is being paid. You don't get to decide who already has enough. That is a ridiculous statement, and it just makes you sound jealous. I would bet he could have stuck to his guns and made them pay out the whole contract if he chose to, but he didn't. I am tired of hearing people bash Marshall because he was pushed out the door and is being paid according to a contractual agreement. I'm sure if it had been his choice he would have continued coaching the Shockers.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

HCGM earned everything he was and is being paid. You don't get to decide who already has enough. That is a ridiculous statement, and it just makes you sound jealous. I would bet he could have stuck to his guns and made them pay out the whole contract if he chose to, but he didn't. I am tired of hearing people bash Marshall because he was pushed out the door and is being paid according to a contractual agreement. I'm sure if it had been his choice he would have continued coaching the Shockers.
                        This.

Comment

It was his choice, he chose to lie about it, ask Ron Baker.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

It was his choice, he chose to lie about it, ask Ron Baker.
                            Different argument. Baker did say he heard it happened but didn't see it. The fact is whatever happened 5 years before was known by Marshalls direct superiors and he was allowed to stay. They couldn't terminate him for cause years later so he is owed the money.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Different argument. Baker did say he heard it happened but didn't see it. The fact is whatever happened 5 years before was known by Marshalls direct superiors and he was allowed to stay. They couldn't terminate him for cause years later so he is owed the money.
                              I think it gets lost that it was not a single incident that led to the outcome. I do not know the level of complicity, but if superiors knew, there is plenty of blame to go around.

Comment

Get real. Marshall is setting up his family not just himself. You wanted him to take a fraction? Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X