The Annual HCIB WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu-unit View Post

K-State looking hard at CJ. With the success he has had at NMS, it may be tough to get him if he has opportunity to join a tougher conference now that AAC losing some good teams.
    Jans going to K-State might just be enough to send me over the edge as far as basketball is concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post

Jans going to K-State might just be enough to send me over the edge as far as basketball is concerned.
      I can't think of anything that would make me so happy and yet so absolutely f***ing pissed all at the same time.
      78-65

Comment

• I am very not smart and I don’t know things but why couldnt our AD hire Jans as head coach this week for as cheap as he would accept and simply offer IB the position of associate head coach for the remainder of his massive contract.
        Sure he’d be the highest paid assistant of all time but it gets the right people in the right positions

IB saves face and makes a ton of cash. Then when the big contract expires you simply correct who makes what between the two of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          I am very not smart and I don’t know things but why couldnt our AD hire Jans as head coach this week for as cheap as he would accept and simply offer IB the position of associate head coach for the remainder of his massive contract.
          Sure he’d be the highest paid assistant of all time but it get the right people in the right positions
          So are we paying 3 "head coach salaries" then? Unless you are saying IB should be willing to take a paycut. If so, that's where it falls apart.

Comment

I am very not smart and I don’t know things but why couldnt our AD hire Jans as head coach this week for as cheap as he would accept and simply offer IB the position of associate head coach for the remainder of his massive contract.
            Sure he’d be the highest paid assistant of all time but it get the right people in the right positions

IB saves face and makes a ton of cash. Then when the big contract expires you simply correct who makes what between the two of them
            Why force a new head coach to accept an assistant coach not of his choosing. if CJ wants him on his staff fine, but that should be CJ's call. Otherwise just terminate him and pay his contract off over time. Same difference financially other than you might have an extra assistants coach's regular salary to absorb? The bottom line remains the same. The dollars just may not be there either way.

Will interesting to see what ICAA annual financials look like when that come out for fiscal year ending June 30, 2022.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Everything I've ever read is that Boatright would never hire Jans. Personal grudge or something.

Odds of the big money folks in town pooling their money together to buyout Boatright and IB, and get Jans hired? All in the next week? Probably 0% but one can dream.

Comment

• If Jans is a serious candidate for K-State, I think he could do better. I think he will get other and better offers.

K-State is a tough job.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                  Everything I've ever read is that Boatright would never hire Jans. Personal grudge or something.

Odds of the big money folks in town pooling their money together to buyout Boatright and IB, and get Jans hired? All in the next week? Probably 0% but one can dream.
                  Add joining the BE (in basketball only; if possible) and we’ve got the perfect week!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So are we paying 3 "head coach salaries" then? Unless you are saying IB should be willing to take a paycut. If so, that's where it falls apart.
                    Yeah I meant 3 head coach salaries… GM-$1 million, IB-$1 million, CJ-$750,000ish. it’s a terrible idea I know. This is what I’ve been reduced to

Jans makes something like $300-$500 I think

Comment

Yeah I meant 3 head coach salaries… GM-$1 million, IB-$1 million, CJ-$750,000ish. it’s a terrible idea I know. This is what I’ve been reduced to
                      At least you admit the idea is terrible. I am still in denial about most of my ideas.

Comment

• I don’t even necessarily want Jans I just don’t want to lose for the next decade. Maybe IB just hit a rough patch in the transition and it’ll all be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

At least you admit the idea is terrible. I am still in denial about most of my ideas.
                          All my ideas are always terrible so I’m pretty used to it

Comment

Sure he’d be the highest paid assistant of all time but it gets the right people in the right positions

Smarter way would be fire DB, offer job to IB hire CJ as coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Smarter way would be fire DB, offer job to IB hire CJ as coach.
                              I mean that’s not half bad

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I am still in denial about most of my ideas.
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X