Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Lieutenant Dan?
    Can he coach?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Can he coach?

Comment

I say we bring in Moreland Smith. Aside from his handling of Henry Steele, he's been a pretty good coach.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He ain't got no legs…
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Boone.

Comment

Donnie Jones is without a doubt the WORST assistant Marshall had at WSU. Dude couldn’t teach sh** to stink.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I haven't seen this mentioned, but what about Kyle Lindsted? If I remember he and IB were friends. Might give us a leg up at Sunrise again. Is he coaching anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I haven't seen this mentioned, but what about Kyle Lindsted? If I remember he and IB were friends. Might give us a leg up at Sunrise again. Is he coaching anywhere?
                  Assistant?

Comment

Just speculation. I was surprised to see Coach Kennedy back for this season. I would be even more surprised if he returned next season (super nice guy, hope he stays).

Comment

The word nice weighs on my soul
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The last time Taylor did an analysis of the offense this year using Synergy, we had a pretty high percentage that were marked as good shots.
                        Good shots for who? Players who can actually make said shots? IMO, if you shoot 25% from 3, any shot you take behind the arc is a bad shot no matter how open. That equates to 0.75ppp and 0.75ppp equates to a team that loses games.

For example, let's consider our so called best shooter/player. I don't have Tyson's 3fg% handy, but last I saw it was under 30%. I know several coaches who'd say that's not good enough to even shoot wide open, feet set 3's. His overall fg% probably says open layups are the only "good" shots for him.

Now is he a better shooter than his stats say so far this season? Absolutely. Will he prove it? I'm not sure. Fact is if this team had 3-4 makers like several other teams do and a demanding coach, TE absolutely would be collecting DNP-CD if he displayed his current level of shot selection.

All this reminds me of a clip Taylor posted of Landry his final season here. Landy had shot uncharacteristically poorly that night. Everyone else had gone home except LS and a manager. Landry was going through a shooting workout and burying everything. 3 after 3 after 3. He too may have had some NBA distractions, but it was clear to anyone watching the clip his slump wouldn't last long. He wouldn't allow it to. That's a shooter. That's an NBA shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Those are obviously the easy ones. I'm not someone who generally looks at the full landscape of coaching and has much idea of who may be the next up and comer like Marshall was. Who was at the very top of my list when Turgeon left. I'll start paying more attention to such coaches with that kind of potential to continue their success at a higher level than they're currently at.

Though Griffin does intrigue me still. I'd need to know more, but having NBA pedigree can be beneficial if he can surround himself with the right staff. I don't know how much he'd want to return and stay in Wichita so that is what it is, but I could see a guy like that having some success as he's been around a lot of success and has expressed a desire to be the head guy. Not sure how ready he is or may be for that, but if I were conducting a search based only on what I know today, he'd get an invite and we'd figure out where he stood and find out if he could be considered. He has been the lead assistant for a couple of teams since 2015. I do know the NBA is different than college, or at least it used to be

If DB is still AD, I get the feeling Jans and Heier wouldn't be considered. Forbes may or may not have a job depending on his success at Wake and I don't know if DB would consider him or not. I doubt Forbes willingly leaves Wake to come back to Wichita. Especially if he's found some level of success there and we're left with a dumpster fire (worst case scenario I know).

I suppose a return to Turgeon could be an option. Not one I'd support, but there are apparently people out there that do.

Danny Manning? Dan Majerle? Dan D'Antoni? Dan Haynes? Danny Sprinkle? Dan Muller? Danny Kaspar? Dan Dakich? Dan Hipsher? Dan Bere? Dan Rickard? Danny Manuel? Dan Monson? Danny Lawson? Dan Hoff?

I'm tired of Dans :)
                          Wake is a tough place to sustain success. Add in NIL and I don't see it. Their location is what, 20-30 minutes from Duke, UNC, and NC St? What local business wants to throw down serious cash for Wake when you can be endorsed by Duke or UNC players.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Hear he's a bit of a choker?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Hear he's a bit of a choker?
                              I heard he was the chokee, not the choker.

Comment

Wouldn't mind at all seeing Greg Heiar back but figure he's probably out of reach.

Comment

Working...
                                X