Memphis at Wichita State Game Thread 1-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Personally, I would like to see Tyson keep driving like he did yesterday. The three point shooting will come when we got some consistent production from the other guards/wings.
    I agree with this. Perhaps he should play more point guard, driving and kicking. This would get him involved in the game rather than just standing in the corner as a decoy.

Probably won't happen as that would take minutes away from someone else and reduce the rotation. I get the impression that IB doesn't have the balls to reduce the rotation as that might offend someone and then they wouldn't love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      Boatright’s failure first was letting the situation get to the point where 3G Was ousted. No skill at all.
      There is some truth to this, but do you think Marshall would have taken a suspension or something before he got out there lying in public? Doubtful.

As far as wanting him back; what a simp cuck move that would be.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I’ll make a point here, Memphis with the lineup they put on the floor yesterday will not lose another AAC game. WSU does not have the talent yet to beat a top 25 team. Some of that could be coaching but a lot of it’s because of the players we have and especially yesterday are very undersized and not as skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Surely he said "I didn't have them prepared to win"........didn't he?
          The quote from the Eagle says “We didn’t come to play”—I guess that means the players and the coach. No excuses for that.

Comment

• Maybe someday I'll have the stomach to read through this 30 page thread. That day is NOT today.

I hinted/said that there are problems and shortcomings this team has that aren't going to be fixed this year. I trust those things are abundantly clear now.

I felt like Grant has had a little light bulb come on. He looked better, more comfortable and more selective. All good signs.

Although he's still lost out there, the same could be said for Jenkins. As was once said of Riddick Bowe at the Olympics, he has spasms of lucidity. (Bowe famously replied "I don't know what they are, but I guess if they're good, I got 'em!"

RCIV has a very long way to go.

I do believe for the most part the team fought hard. However, when you're being humiliated like we were, it's really tough not to hang your heads. While it didn't matter a bit, I give the guys a lot of credit for playing hard and making that 14-1 run that cut the lead to 15 (trying to say that with a straight face is difficult). They could have quit (and I wouldn't have blamed them for that) and lost by 50.

We do have to be a little cautious in assessing things after this game. Memphis, if and when they play that hard, will make a ton of teams look awful. (That's truth, not an excuse)

I don't have the heart to add a lot more that anyone (including me) will care about.

General comment: I have no problem getting our asses kicked. Memphis is incredibly deep and talented. If somebody knocks our dick in the dirt and keeps the hammer down, so be it. It will reveal character one way or the other. Good on Memphis. That being said, I have a HUGE problem when said team acts like a bunch of ****ing fruit loops while they are administering said beating, especially on the road, and ESPECIALLY if you're 6-5. How the actual **** can THAT team lose five freaking games so far? I don't care if it's a team completely made of of freshman. Show just a bit of class and humility. YOU'RE SIX AND FIVE!!!!!! Our equivalent would be 0-12 with a 100 point loss at home to Prairie View. One more gang hand sign, team head banging, sticking out your tongue laughing at our bench (what are you, spoiled parentless 6 year olds??!) and 30 year younger and non-parent Doc is probably going onto the floor and making this his last game ever.

(Editor's note: The following is my opinion and it's not one of a butthurt fan, seething from a blistering administered to my team, at home, in front of a national audience)

This Memphis team is as talented and deep a basketball team as I have EVER seen in person since the 82 Final Four. If they get and stay healthy, and can find a way to shoot it just a little from deep, they could go all the way. They're HUGE, long, fast, quick, athletic, skilled, bouncy and have what seems like 25 players. And they can't get breakthrough COVID often enough, they can't be too selfish with future zero assist games, suffer team in-fighting, get arrested for DUI's, have their girlfriends (or boyfriends, to be equitable) cheat on them (including complimentary videos available on OnlyFans) with the entire diving team from Missouri State, be provoked, stepped on, punched, insulted and suffer too many painful STDs for my taste. I wish them the most awful and troublesome season of all time, and with any luck, culminating in a forfeit of their first round NIT game, unless they can right the wrongs from yesterday and stop that bullshit acting going forward.

And I would and will say the same things about our guys if and when they ever act that classless.

47 days ago I departed for Vegas and the Arizona game. 47 days from today, baseball starts in Rustin, Louisiana. I look forward to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Stick, Are you Boatright??
              No but anyone with a brain can understand why 3G will never coach here again. He MIGHT coach again ... But it won't be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Maybe someday I'll have the stomach to read through this 30 page thread. That day is NOT today.

I hinted/said that there are problems and shortcomings this team has that aren't going to be fixed this year. I trust those things are abundantly clear now.

I felt like Grant has had a little light bulb come on. He looked better, more comfortable and more selective. All good signs.

Although he's still lost out there, the same could be said for Jenkins. As was once said of Riddick Bowe at the Olympics, he has spasms of lucidity. (Bowe famously replied "I don't know what they are, but I guess if they're good, I got 'em!"

I do believe for the most part the team fought hard. However, when you're being humiliated like we were, it's really tough not to hang your heads. While it didn't matter a bit, I give the guys a lot of credit for playing hard and making that 14-1 run that cut the lead to 15 (trying to say that with a straight face is difficult). They could have quit (and I wouldn't have blamed them for that) and lost by 50.

We do have to be a little cautious in assessing things after this game. Memphis, if and when they play that hard, will make a ton of teams look awful. (That's truth, not an excuse)

I don't have the heart to add a lot more that anyone (including me) will care about.

General comment: I have no problem getting our asses kicked. Memphis is incredibly deep and talented. If somebody knocks our dick in the dirt and keeps the hammer down, so be it. It will reveal character one way or the other. Good on Memphis. That being said, I have a HUGE problem when said team acts like a bunch of ****ing fruit loops while they are administering said beating, especially on the road, and ESPECIALLY if you're 6-5. How the actual **** can THAT team lose five freaking games so far? I don't care if it's a team completely made of of freshman. Show just a bit of class and humility. YOU'RE SIX AND FIVE!!!!!! Our equivalent would be 0-12 with a 100 point loss at home to Prairie View. One more gang hand sign, team head banging, sticking out your tongue laughing at our bench (what are you, spoiled parentless 6 year olds??!) and 30 year younger and non-parent Doc is probably going onto the floor and making this his last game ever.

(Editor's note: The following is my opinion and it's not one of a butthurt fan, seething from a blistering administered to my team, at home, in front of a national audience)

This Memphis team is as talented and deep a basketball team as I have EVER seen in person since the 82 Final Four. If they get and stay healthy, and can find a way to shoot it just a little from deep, they could go all the way. They're HUGE, long, fast, quick, athletic, skilled, bouncy and have what seems like 25 players. And they can't get breakthrough COVID often enough, they can't be too selfish with future zero assist games, suffer team in-fighting, get arrested for DUI's, have their girlfriends (or boyfriends, to be equitable) cheat on them (including complimentary videos available on OnlyFans) with the entire diving team from Missouri State, be provoked, stepped on, punched, insulted and suffer too many painful STDs for my taste. I wish them the most awful and troublesome season of all time, and with any luck, culminating in a forfeit of their first round NIT game, unless they can right the wrongs from yesterday and stop that bullshit acting going forward.

And I would and will say the same things about our guys if and when they ever act that classless.

47 days ago I departed for Vegas and the Arizona game. 47 days from today, baseball starts in Rustin, Louisiana. I look forward to that.
                WuDrWu, I really enjoy seeing your comments here. Seems to be among some of the most level headed around here. Keep it up

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

We are a below-average shooting team that can play good defense if we are locked-in and not overmatched athletically. We play backyard ball on offense and can’t finish a fastbreak.

We are what we are at this point. At this junction in the season, playing time should be solely dictated by overall effort level and willingness to pass the ball. If you don’t do either, less playing time. If that means we’re left with walk-ons playing, so be it. Tired of selfish ball. 7 assists yesterday? That’s pathetic.

IB needs to motivate these guys to play hard. I saw a low energy team yesterday. A huge part of being a good coach is getting more with less. We were the less talented team yesterday and we played like it. This team needs to play beyond our base talent level if we want to have any semblance of a decent season.
                  Can’t get the assist unless the player makes the shot. We shot less than 30 percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
                    I’ll make a point here, Memphis with the lineup they put on the floor yesterday will not lose another AAC game. WSU does not have the talent yet to beat a top 25 team. Some of that could be coaching but a lot of it’s because of the players we have and especially yesterday are very undersized and not as skilled.
                    Chef's Voice: "you have the heart but you don't have the soul. No wait you have the soul but you don't have the heart. Wait a minute, you have the heart and you have the soul but you don't have the talent."

HCIB's Voice:... we're gonna get served on Saturday aren't we?
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Maybe someday I'll have the stomach to read through this 30 page thread. That day is NOT today.

Well said

Comment

• This game was completely embarrassing and disheartening. Don't even know where to begin.
                        • Outcoached by Penny. The Shox have the talent and have the team desire and sense of playing hard (well at least did. I think they lost it some in this game). What does that leave as far as where the issues lie? To me that answer is coaching. I noticed several things that were and have been alarming. Lack of set plays, especially coming out of time outs and stoppages. We simply do not run these that I can tell. Terrible substitution patterns or a complete lack of substitutions at critical times. HCIB is so loyal to some players that he appears to not be capable of taking them out when it is painfully obvious they are not effective. The players are running this team and that is not going to go well.
                        • I get so tired of Mo's antics. He is so busy jabbing his trap at other players and refs that he loses focus multiple times per game.
                        • This team has generally played hard all year and they sort of folded in the second half. I get that they were getting steam rolled but the effort still needs to be there.
                        • I predicted 7 wins in conference. I am considering amending that downward. This supposed re-shaping of the offense and waiting for the light to come on and the coaches saying they are working on it is not flying anymore. I think this team is what it is this year and this is what we will get. They will beat the bottom teams in the league, lose to the teams at the top and likely split with those in the middle. I have zero faith that any adjustments will be made. They haven't to this point and it's been the same issues all year.
                        • Trying to find some positives. I thought Dex played a good game and had his usual energy. TE didn't take 35 shots, although he did take a couple of poor ill advised shots again.JChaunce looked good in the extremely minimal 7 minutes he was given (seriously, why not play him more?). He gives good energy off the bench and can't be worse than whoever he is replacing. Should be getting 15 minutes per game. Qua looked ok but still tried to do too much.
                        • We are an MVC team in size. And we play like one.
                        • Penny's got a team full of thuggish ballers. Dandridge might be lucky he didn't get cold cocked.
                        On to Houston, which is likely to be another blowout. Go Shox.

I think TE's Mom put it best when she responded to the Official Shocker Basketball IG account. They posted a pic from the game and said "Tough Sledding". She responded with "No comment"
                        Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; January 3, 2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          This game was completely embarrassing and disheartening. Don't even know where to begin.
                          • Outcoached by Penny. The Shox have the talent and have the team desire and sense of playing hard (well at least did. I think they lost it some in this game). What does that leave as far as where the issues lie? To me that answer is coaching. I noticed several things that were and have been alarming. Lack of set plays, especially coming out of time outs and stoppages. We simply do not run these that I can tell. Terrible substitution patterns or a complete lack of substitutions at critical times. HCIB is so loyal to some players that he appears to not be capable of taking them out when it is painfully obvious they are not effective. The players are running this team and that is not going to go well.
                          • I get so tired of Mo's antics. He is so busy jabbing his trap at other players and refs that he loses focus multiple times per game.
                          • This team has generally played hard all year and they sort of folded in the second half. I get that they were getting steam rolled but the effort still needs to be there.
                          • I predicted 7 wins in conference. I am considering amending that downward. This supposed re-shaping of the offense and waiting for the light to come on and the coaches saying they are working on it is not flying anymore. I think this team is what it is this year and this is what we will get. They will beat the bottom teams in the league, lose to the teams at the top and likely split with those in the middle. I have zero faith that any adjustments will be made. They haven't to this point and it's been the same issues all year.
                          • Trying to find some positives. I thought Dex played a good game and had his usual energy. TE didn't take 35 shots, although he did take a couple of poor ill advised shots again.JChaunce looked good in the extremely minimal 7 minutes he was given (seriously, why not play him more?). He gives good energy off the bench and can't be worse than whoever he is replacing. Should be getting 15 minutes per game. Qua looked ok but still tried to do too much.
                          • We are an MVC team in size. And we play like one.
                          • Penny's got a team full of thuggish ballers. Dandridge might be lucky he didn't get cold cocked.
                          On to Houston, which is likely to be another blowout. Go Shox.

I think TE's Mom put it best when she responded to the Official Shocker Basketball IG account. They posted a pic from the game and said "Tough Sledding". She responded with "No comment"
                          Dandridge got slammed flat on his back by Mo. Best damn play of the game in my opinion. What a punk.

Comment

• IB didn't get outcoached by Penny - he got outcoached by Larry Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                              IB didn't get outcoached by Penny - he got outcoached by Larry Brown.
                              An 81 year old Larry Brown.

Comment

• Lest we forget, this wasn’t some top 10 ranked team on a got streak. A blowout there wouldn’t have been as shocking. But these goobs were limping in at 6-5, had losses to Murray State and Tulane, had lost 5 of 6, and was missing 2 starters.

We were favored in the game. This wasn’t done juggernaut.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X