Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Sarcasm?
    I should qualify that by saying compared to what I thought it would be and grading on a curve for the rest of the year.

Comment

• Coach loses another player on the bench: money and finds pleasant. Why?

Comment

• When their 6'6" guys can effectively guard our 6'2" guys, that's a serious problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I should qualify that by saying compared to what I thought it would be and grading on a curve for the rest of the year.
          My first game back in a couple of years. I was expecting a few more than 7k. Was really hoping for more of an atmosphere against Creighton from years past.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• How many people, and potential recruits, have tuned in and thought “man, look how far Wichita State has fallen”.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Talent gap is very noticeable.

I just hope we can find a way to make it respectable in the 2nd half.

But I don't know how....
              I agree. This is our standard now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                How many people, and potential recruits, have tuned in and thought “man, look how far Wichita State has fallen”.
                All of them.

Comment

• We need our A+ game and our opponents C game yo beat quality opponents from what've seen so far this season. Today, we've had our B game and Memphis has given their A+.

If we shot badly from 3 or had less free throws, there is no telling how bad the deficit might have been. Memphis was hitting everything and getting the and-1, and we were turning it over. We might have been looking at an all-time blowout in that case.

Instead, we still have a game that could be winnable if we have a monstrous start in the 2nd. But it really hurts to end the half that way. We do not have an offensive game plan, and it shows. When our best defense can be scored on, we need higher quality shots and little to no TOs to stay in games.

The sad thing on our TOs is that almost none of them are forced by defensive play. We turn the ball over by dribbling it on our own feet, not attempting to throw the ball in, and throwing the ball into paint triple teams or into the stands. This isn't an athletic team jumping lanes and finding interceptions, it an offense that consists mostly of running around in desperation.

We spotted Memphis practically 20+ points. It is no surprise it isn't close.

Comment

• Just hope we haven't completely destroyed the brand when the next search commences.

Comment

• CBS analyst has it right. We have no chance.

Comment

• The BS charge call on Pohto really hurt. Missed free throws and careless turnovers didn't help either.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Worst body language coming out of the locker room I've seen all year

Comment

• Team looks down coming out of locker room. Not a good sign.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Our next search needs to be for a sponsor willing to increase our"recruiting" budget

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                                We need our A+ game and our opponents C game yo beat quality opponents from what've seen so far this season. Today, we've had our B game and Memphis has given their A+.

If we shot badly from 3 or had less free throws, there is no telling how bad the deficit might have been. Memphis was hitting everything and getting the and-1, and we were turning it over. We might have been looking at an all-time blowout in that case.

Instead, we still have a game that could be winnable if we have a monstrous start in the 2nd. But it really hurts to end the half that way. We do not have an offensive game plan, and it shows. When our best defense can be scored on, we need higher quality shots and little to no TOs to stay in games.

The sad thing on our TOs is that almost none of them are forced by defensive play. We turn the ball over by dribbling it on our own feet, not attempting to throw the ball in, and throwing the ball into paint triple teams or into the stands. This isn't an athletic team jumping lanes and finding interceptions, it an offense that consists mostly of running around in desperation.

We spotted Memphis practically 20+ points. It is no surprise it isn't close.
                                Our B game? That’s being quite kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X