No announcement yet.

Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't buy the conspiracy theory. If that is really true there would been some federal laws violated. Let's face it wsu could of won if they made some shots and hadn't got lazy on defense to start the second half.

Wsu shooters were not makers. Wsu big men hall and stutz did not have good games. Hopefully they learned a lesson that games are 40 minutes long and you have to bring your A game every time or wsu will be one an done in the NCAA.

Comment

• I think the Lutz article is ok. Would have been better for him to have highlighted all of the crazy Arch Madness things that have hurt WSU (which I think he did in a previous article), or write how he can't blame HCGM for really being frustrated over the consistent lousy officiating at Arch Madness.

What's a bit concerning to me is that Elgin would have a side conversation with the WSU coach. Isn't that a bit of chain-of-command faux pas? Isn't the MoVal Commish supposed to speak with the WSU AD if he has a beef? Additionally, I'd like to see Sexton take on a more vocal role in supporting HCGM in these situations and lessen the frustation that Gregg must be feeling. Sexton is always a small mouse when it comes to pushing back against the MoVal officiating. Sexton even supported the 1.9 call. We don't want HCGM leaving WSU because he feels isolated or frustrated because of a lack of AD support. Time for ADES to show some support!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        I don't buy the conspiracy theory. If that is really true there would been some federal laws violated. Let's face it wsu could of won if they made some shots and hadn't got lazy on defense to start the second half.

Wsu shooters were not makers. Wsu big men hall and stutz did not have good games. Hopefully they learned a lesson that games are 40 minutes long and you have to bring your A game every time or wsu will be one an done in the NCAA.
        Yeah, I dont buy it either. Those would be some major federal laws broken. The conference would be risking some major major penalties. I just dont see it. Were some calls questionable yesterday? Yes. But that happens in every game. All refs make bad calls. If you ask Redbird fans, Im sure they'd list off several instances where they felt they should have gotten a foul and didnt. WSU did not play their best game yesterday. It happens. And agreed about Hall being a non contributor...he did nothing, nothing yesterday. Marshall, however much as I like him, did not paint WSU in a good light yesterday. He made the team, fans, university, look like extremely poor losers. I understand his frustrations, I do, but some of the things he said, again, we just looked like poor losers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
          Yeah, I dont buy it either. Those would be some major federal laws broken. The conference would be risking some major major penalties. I just dont see it. Were some calls questionable yesterday? Yes. But that happens in every game. All refs make bad calls. If you ask Redbird fans, Im sure they'd list off several instances where they felt they should have gotten a foul and didnt. WSU did not play their best game yesterday. It happens. And agreed about Hall being a non contributor...he did nothing, nothing yesterday. Marshall, however much as I like him, did not paint WSU in a good light yesterday. He made the team, fans, university, look like extremely poor losers. I understand his frustrations, I do, but some of the things he said, again, we just looked like poor losers.
          I kind of liked his reaction.

In the land of the mid-majors, tension is heightened because nothing is guaranteed -- not even when you have two teams ranked in the Top 25 as does the MVC.

Comment

• Lutz and Marshall do not like each other. Lutz lets it come out in his writing and Marshall lets it come out in post game answers. Not very professional of either of them.

Comment

• WSU plays well + refs call a fair, consistent game = WSU Win

WSU plays well + refs call an uneven, inconsistent game = WSU Win

WSU doesn't play so well + refs call a fair, consistent game = WSU Win

WSU doesn't play so well + refs call an uneven, inconsistent game + WSU goes 0-9 FG, 1-2 FT in last 6:30 = WSU loss by 1.

Call it the perfect storm. Jank knew the only chance they had was to make WSU players as uncomfortable as possible, get them thinking about things they shouldn't, and bank on the "quality" of refereeing to allow it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Good article and well written.

Comment

• Actually I just read lutz article. It not that bad (unless your a conspiracist) and points out the fact is wsu hits shots it wins. It also gives us information about the Elgin//Marshall confrontation and the 15 minute lecturing that Elgin gave to Sexton for wsu not being team players.

Comment

• Now watch. ISU will try and implement the same strategy against CU today and nothing will get called in ISU's favor. It will be a total joke and I'll become even more angry seeing CU players act like the best team in the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
                      How do you expect people to act when you get totally jobbed? As Marshall stated, there was not ONE break given to WSU yesterday. Not ONE. If I were Marshall, I wouldn't have held my cool as much as he did. He was well composed, considering the circumstances, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by skywalker30 View Post
                        I agree, it's quite obvious that Jank wanted his team to play dirty from their post game presser. They used the word fight quite a few times and the coach was smiling so big when describing Wilkins' (dirty) performance. They couldn't beat us without playing that way and they knew it.

Also, is he on the verge of getting fired or something? He kept saying how much he loved his team and Illinois State. It was a little bit excessive.
                        Agreed. It was dirty from the beginning. If WSU would have fought back with that same mentality, we would have had about 20 more foul calls with players getting ejected. Illinois State was able to do whatever they wanted without repercussion. WSU tried to maintain the things they normally do and still get called for BS. It was a no-win yesterday. Even how ugly we played and how bad the officiating was against us, we still only lost by 1 and had 2 cracks to overcome. That was the amazing thing. We dominated them for a half. Even with all of the adversity, we still had a chance to win. That makes me feel pissed on one end. It also makes me feel better about this team later on down the road, away from non-neutral settings in St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          I think the Lutz article is ok. Would have been better for him to have highlighted all of the crazy Arch Madness things that have hurt WSU (which I think he did in a previous article), or write how he can't blame HCGM for really being frustrated over the consistent lousy officiating at Arch Madness.

What's a bit concerning to me is that Elgin would have a side conversation with the WSU coach. Isn't that a bit of chain-of-command faux pas? Isn't the MoVal Commish supposed to speak with the WSU AD if he has a beef? Additionally, I'd like to see Sexton take on a more vocal role in supporting HCGM in these situations and lessen the frustation that Gregg must be feeling. Sexton is always a small mouse when it comes to pushing back against the MoVal officiating. Sexton even supported the 1.9 call. We don't want HCGM leaving WSU because he feels isolated or frustrated because of a lack of AD support. Time for ADES to show some support!
                          If we're counting on Sexton for anything, we are in deep, deep trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Now watch. ISU will try and implement the same strategy against CU today and nothing will get called in ISU's favor. It will be a total joke and I'll become even more angry seeing CU players act like the best team in the MVC.
                            They are not even close to the best team in the Valley. A win today does nothing to change that. They are a weak basketball team and will get ousted in the first round in a couple of weeks. sCUm always settles towards the bottom at the end of the day.

As others have stated, they and their fans are ecstatic they won't be playing the team that bent them over last month in Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueViewWSU View Post
                              How do you expect people to act when you get totally jobbed? As Marshall stated, there was not ONE break given to WSU yesterday. Not ONE. If I were Marshall, I wouldn't have held my cool as much as he did. He was well composed, considering the circumstances, in my opinion.
                              Im not saying he didnt have a right to be angry but they way he acted, IMO, made him look like a two year old throwing a tantrum. He bullied, yes bullied, his way onto the platform when ISUr was supposed to go first, and then basically said there is a conspiracy against Wichita...which I dont buy in the least. Again, as per my post you quoted, that would be risking some major major fines and penalities by the NCAA and feds as well. We've had bad luck in STL. Were the refs great yesterday? No they werent. But in most every bb game Ive ever watched, the refs arent great. By definition, they pretty much suck. But we sure as heck could have played a lot better. The team didnt perform, and that goes beyond even the missed calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueViewWSU View Post
                                They are not even close to the best team in the Valley. A win today does nothing to change that. They are a weak basketball team and will get ousted in the first round in a couple of weeks. sCUm always settles towards the bottom at the end of the day.

As others have stated, they and their fans are ecstatic they won't be playing the team that bent them over last month in Omaha.
                                Most of them wanted to play WSU again...just saying. They wanted the rematch. Do I think they are the best team in the Valley? No. We are. But I think weak is a little strong of a word, especially if they keep playing at the level they did yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X