Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    Remember the shot clock may be rolling before the ball is in the on court player's hands. I'm pretty sure the 10 second count doesn't start until he receives the inbounds pass, and a few seconds could already be gone on the shot clock.
    wait what? I'm not a rule expert but youre saying the shot clock starts b4 the ball is inbounded? I dont think so, I'm pretty sure it starts the same time the 10 second count starts

Comment

• Somebody expand on the Elgin/Marshall interaction. Did HC3GM go to Elgin bitching or did Elgin seek out HC3GM? And if so what was the intent or purpose and what was said? Please don't speculate. If you haven't heard something please don't guess.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I stand corrected. Per what I found online for shot clock operator guidelines from the NCAA:

START shot clock when:
        1. a team gains possession on a:
        a. rebound.
        b. jump ball.
        c. loose ball after a rebound or jump ball
        2. an official signals that an inbounds player touches the ball on a throw-in
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          You know me, my allegiances are school, state and midwest. But it is really going to be hard to pull for these clowns. KU fans = expert personality profilers

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=8764479
          Just don't play the 'Whiny *****' drinking game with KU fans. Bejebus.

Was that the word of the day on Sesame Street?

KU fans are just pissed because the Vallley is getting 2 teams, which means their chances of making the sweet 16 decreased twofold.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by dTm View Post
            The play that bothered me maybe more than any other was the lack of a 10 second call in the 2nd half against ISU that clearly took between 11 and 12 seconds to get the ball past halfcourt. The shot clock was at 24 b4 they crossed midcourt and then they proceeded to hit a 3 on that possesion. To me that was one of the worst calls of the game, am I the only one that saw it? Well, our whole section of fans at the game saw it but havent heard it mentioned. Totally unexcusable IMO when you have a giant shot clock that does the counting for you.

I'm proud of our coach and players....wouldnt trade them for anyone
            I brought this up earlier today in the 'pretty boy' thread. DVR'd it, pause at 8:52 of the 2nd half and you will see the shot clock at 25, 10 seconds into the count, Marshall signaling the violation and the ball still in back court. The clock rolls to 24 just after ball crossing mid court. Oh, pretty boy is doing the count in the frame as well.

Comment

• Well i havent watched the replay yet but I will look again.
              I've always thought if the shot clock hit 25 they would call the violation and I'm 99.9% sure I saw 24 just b4 they crossed halfcourt.

And the real travesty is they go down and bury a 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                The shots were there for the making and we decided to brick 41 of them. No matter how you slice it, or how horrible you think the officiating was, we missed FORTY ONE SHOTS. We're the 14th ranked team in the nation, we shouldn't go 7 minutes without a FG unless we're wearing mittens.
                Are you taking shockerfevers' place as the guy who can't stop repeating himself for fear of not getting the last word?

Comment

• You're right, 25 should be the magic number to a 10 count and this was nearly an 11 count!

Comment

• Was at the game, the whole Shocker bench was standing up pointing to the shot clock , do you really expect that Officiating crew to subtract 10 seconds or count to 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by give em h*ll shocks View Post
                      Was at the game, the whole Shocker bench was standing up pointing to the shot clock , do you really expect that Officiating crew to subtract 10 seconds or count to 10.
                      What's your point? The shot clock being at 25 just is verification that 10 seconds had elapsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dTm View Post
                        The play that bothered me maybe more than any other was the lack of a 10 second call in the 2nd half against ISU that clearly took between 11 and 12 seconds to get the ball past halfcourt. The shot clock was at 24 b4 they crossed midcourt and then they proceeded to hit a 3 on that possesion. To me that was one of the worst calls of the game, am I the only one that saw it? Well, our whole section of fans at the game saw it but havent heard it mentioned. Totally unexcusable IMO when you have a giant shot clock that does the counting for you.

I'm proud of our coach and players....wouldnt trade them for anyone
                        Completely forgot about this one - you are right. Joe was pointing up at the clock and so was coach. 3 blind mice didn't see a thing.

Comment

• ...and who on this board actually saw Coach "bully" his way in front of ISU? Where did this report come from?

Comment

• On MVCfans it also says he "bullied" his way. OK people, who reported this? Somebody had to start that rumor and choose the word "bully." Who was it? hmm....

Comment

• Funny how a St. Louis writer's article is more appreciated by me than the one the Wichita guy wrote.

In the land of the mid-majors, tension is heightened because nothing is guaranteed -- not even when you have two teams ranked in the Top 25 as does the MVC.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Agree. The Wichita writer just wanted to stir things up - he loves the pub.

Comment

Working...
                                X