Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
    Most of them wanted to play WSU again...just saying. They wanted the rematch. Do I think they are the best team in the Valley? No. We are. But I think weak is a little strong of a word, especially if they keep playing at the level they did yesterday
    They were probably lying to your face. Give WSU Evansville and their officiating crew in the second game and they would have bent the Aces over too.

Creighton was exposed by us a few weeks ago. Long Beach State and Evansville exposed them at the end of the regular season as well. The refs in Omaha helped them out in those 1 point wins. And then they barely escape past Indiana State on the last day of the regular season by 1. When teams get breaks like they do, they come off as more impressive than they actually are. Give Creighton our refereeing yesterday and they get posterized by 30.

They are weak and they will lose their first round game. No Omaha or Valley refs in the NCAA's to help them out. Book it.

Comment

• I don't buy into a conspiracy. It's just two of the three refs are incompetent.
      Last edited by GarH; March 4, 2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Where's Fever? In conjunction with the total baseball FAIL being exhibited in Hawaii and yesterday's twilight zone of a game, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and discuss some things here on SN. I'm really concerned about FEVER, can someone call the Police and have them do a welfare check at his home if you know where he lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueViewWSU View Post
          They were probably lying to your face. Give WSU Evansville and their officiating crew in the second game and they would have bent the Aces over too.
          You forget that CU beat us as well, just saying. I read their message boards occasionally...they wanted WSU. I dont think they were lying to each other. And I have friends at CU who I know werent lying when they said they wanted WSU. They wanted a rematch after that loss in Omaha. Wanted a chance to beat the (former..dont know what we'll be now) #14 team in the country...if they'd beaten us, it could have helped with seeding, and if they didnt, well, they would have lost to the #14 seed, it wouldnt have hurt them all that much. Losing to ISUr could.

**I think both WSU and CU can go far in the tourney. I think WSU has a chance to go farther, but I think CU will at least win one game. If they dont, whatever, you'll be right. But Im not going to actively root for them to fail in the tourney either. I will cheer for all the Valley teams, and that includes ISUr if they make it.

Comment

• There's never going to be a consensus on the post game interview. I know some people didn't like it but I personally like a coach that stands up for his team and players at the risk of being wrong. I'm moving on and looking forward to a ncaa beatdown in two weeks.

Comment

• What's with this conspiracy theory stuff? I watched the post-game press conference, and while GM said he saw some "strange things," and gave the hilarious quip about the NCAA's actually being a neutral site, in no way, shape, or form did he allude to anything about a conspiracy to eliminate his team from the tournament. His comments indicated frustration about a very, very poorly officiated game. He never said--or even implied--that the game was purposely called that way so we would lose. Unless I'm missing something (let me know if I am), this conspiracy theory is being championed by some random fans and Mr. Lootz himself, not GM.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                What's with this conspiracy theory stuff? I watched the post-game press conference, and while GM said he saw some "strange things," and gave the hilarious quip about the NCAA's actually being a neutral site, in no way, shape, or form did he allude to anything about a conspiracy to eliminate his team from the tournament. His comments indicated frustration about a very, very poorly officiated game. He never said--or even implied--that the game was purposely called that way so we would lose. Unless I'm missing something (let me know if I am), this conspiracy theory is being championed by some random fans and Mr. Lootz himself, not GM.
                Exactly, Lutz the Putz doing his Putzy best to get at WSU since he is stuck in Wichita and not in Lawrence to cover KU more.

Comment

• I'm with you guys and the writer of that article posted above, I really like Coach and wouldn't change a thing about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Where's Fever? In conjunction with the total baseball FAIL being exhibited in Hawaii and yesterday's twilight zone of a game, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and discuss some things here on SN. I'm really concerned about FEVER, can someone call the Police and have them do a welfare check at his home if you know where he lives?
                    I'm here, KC. Again, I got banned for calling out an Indiana State fan the other day. I'm no longer wanted here. My fandom is not welcome. But I'm trying to stay alive.

<------------ Fever

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
                      You forget that CU beat us as well, just saying. I read their message boards occasionally...they wanted WSU. I dont think they were lying to each other. And I have friends at CU who I know werent lying when they said they wanted WSU. They wanted a rematch after that loss in Omaha. Wanted a chance to beat the (former..dont know what we'll be now) #14 team in the country...if they'd beaten us, it could have helped with seeding, and if they didnt, well, they would have lost to the #14 seed, it wouldnt have hurt them all that much. Losing to ISUr could.

**I think both WSU and CU can go far in the tourney. I think WSU has a chance to go farther, but I think CU will at least win one game. If they dont, whatever, you'll be right. But Im not going to actively root for them to fail in the tourney either. I will cheer for all the Valley teams, and that includes ISUr if they make it.
                      You seem like a closet sCUm fan. Did you read the garbage on this site that a sCUm fan provided? They are going to lose in the first round and I'm gonna love every second of it.

Comment

You seem like a closet sCUm fan. Did you read the garbage on this site that a sCUm fan provided? They are going to lose in the first round and I'm gonna love every second of it.
                        Yes I did, and if you didnt notice, I was one of the first to reply to him and call him a dumbass, which he was. And also was asking for a mod to ban him. Dont you dare accuse me of being not for WSU. I was just stating what I observed from reading their board...I also will occasionally read pathernation, salukitalk, ect. Does that make me a closet fan of their teams too? I dont think so. Im allowed to cheer for the Valley when it comes for the tournament just as you have every right not to. But for me, the better more Valley teams do in the tournament, the better it is for the conference ($ wise, recruiting wise, ect), the better it is for WSU in the long run. And if you didnt read, we have loser fans too...such as the ones who cussed at the older couple from InSt, who were crying not because of the loss to WSU (as those bums presumed) but because they'd just lost their son in a tornado.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Regular season championship - EARNED over a grinding 18 game schedule. Much more stock is placed on this.

MVC Tourney championship - nice weekend event.
                          Bingo!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            What's with this conspiracy theory stuff? I watched the post-game press conference, and while GM said he saw some "strange things," and gave the hilarious quip about the NCAA's actually being a neutral site, in no way, shape, or form did he allude to anything about a conspiracy to eliminate his team from the tournament. His comments indicated frustration about a very, very poorly officiated game. He never said--or even implied--that the game was purposely called that way so we would lose. Unless I'm missing something (let me know if I am), this conspiracy theory is being championed by some random fans and Mr. Lootz himself, not GM.
                            He was more composed in the media room. But on the radio he stated the Mvc did not want Wichita state to win. I like coach Marshall but unless he has proof he needs to drop it. It makes the university and their fans look like a bunch of whiny losers. He failed. Admit it coach. You failed yesterday. So be it. You still have a conference title. Now get your team ready to go in the dance because you know other teams will try and muck it up because stutz can't play physical with someone stronger than him.

Comment

• After a good night's sleep to calm down, I am over yesterday. It was one game. We make our mark in the dance. I don't have a problem with anything Marshall said in post-game. I love his passion. He didn't go over the top. If Elgin doesn't like it (by the way, I don't blame him for his gut reaction, it is his job) he needs to clean up the valley officiating. It was terrible in that game. Any coach that lost that game, should have been infuriated. That is all.

Comment

How do you expect people to act when you get totally jobbed? As Marshall stated, there was not ONE break given to WSU yesterday. Not ONE. If I were Marshall, I wouldn't have held my cool as much as he did. He was well composed, considering the circumstances, in my opinion.
                                When you don't get any breaks, you have to make your own breaks and WSU didn't do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X