No announcement yet.

Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would tend to think that coaches often determine whether the officials give them calls or refuse to do so.

Comment

• First time posting. Big Shocker fan. There were several things that stood out in yesterday's game. Re watched the game again.

1. Yes, the Shockers missed a lot of shots, but when you are knocked to floor severall times you have a tendency not to go back in there.
      2. If you watch Carmicheal/Wilkins in the post, you will see the arms completely around Stutz with no foul.. Then a foul on Stutz.
      3. The ball off Brown was an easy call not made
      4. Did Demitric step in bounds on the entry pass, could not really tell, but it was after a made basket.
      5. By my count - the Shockers should have shot 35 to 38 free throws. Carmicheal should have fouled out 5 minutes in the 2nd half.

I can understand the frustration by the Shockers, you want consisent calls in the game and that was not the case. The reason Elgin went to speak to Marshall was to cool him down and let him know that the Valley really needs 3 teams in the tournament. Since the Shockers are in, Creighton probably in, so don't be surprised of ISUR wins today.

Comment

• Demetric didnt step in, instead when Moore stepped in front of Ragland, he kept the ball but was already falling forward and fell forward with both hands on the ball while standing out of bounds.

Comment

• "The reason Elgin went to speak to Marshall was to cool him down and let him know that the Valley really needs 3 teams in the tournament. "

Really? Is this a viable excuse? I mean is this really how the Valley works? It's about money more than the sport of good, clean competition? What if that backfired on Elgin and cost the Shockers more than just the loss yesterday?

Comment

• I'm in st. Louis and after dropping $1000 to watch events unfold, I just want to forget about the conference and get ready for the ncaa. I hope the team does the same.

I don't think much of the conference even though I've continued to pull for it right, left and sideways.

Now I'm feeling selfish. I want this team to run the table in two weeks, take all the credit without sharing and the hell with the rest of the conference. They certainly haven't done us any favors, at least that I can think of.

Comment

• we didnt make enough shots, that's the bottom-line, we have had games like this before and I am glad to get this one out of the way now rather then later.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalRedbird View Post
                Let me get this straight:

Jackie Carmichael plays 8 minutes in the first half due to fouls. Plays soft the entire second half due to foul trouble. John Wilkins gets a first technical due to "retaliating" from Stutz's scissor hold. He later gets a second for speaking French.

And we win because the refs gave us preferential treatment? GMAFB!

Listen, I really like Wichita State. I hope with all my heart you guys go far in the NCAAs. You guys have great players, devoted fans, and create amazing atmosphere around your program. But give credit where it's due. Illinois State wanted it more today. Drop the bitterness and root for them to beat Creighton. Let's get the Valley another team in the tournament.
                No doubt that Jankovich coached his team to play dirty. Wilkens in particular was to do a hack job on Stutz. I have no respect for Jankovich.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Sure it is KCShockerfan. One of the first thing out of the announcers mouth between games was "the Valley now has the potential for 3 teams in the tournament". It's always about money. If it is not, why would we not see more so called "mid-majors" on prime time instead of BCS schools. The more teams in the tournament means more money for the Valley. This would be good, since many of the schools in the Valley are low on resources.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                    Personally, I can't stand Lutz. He uses his platform to express his opinions - but that does not make it fact.
                    you do realize that he is a columnist. He is supposed to give his opinion. Paul does the reporting. It is sad when the post game comments are the story and not the shockers poor play. Hcgm didn't represent wsu is a very good light yesterday. Maybe he should listen to Brent's pitching cd and try to keep his composure.

Comment

• Yes, we had a bad shooting day(no doubt), but did out shoot ISUR. Out rebounded ISUR. THe game was decided at the free throw line.

Comment

• Bob was wrong to state that there is no conspiracy. A proper opinion would have been that he does not think there is one.

Comment

• I can understand Marshall's frustration. He said what we all wanted to say. Wilkin's job was to get Stutz in foul trouble or frustrated so he would be on the bench so Carmichael could come back in.

Comment

• I think its interesting that on the crawl at the bottom of the screen espn has been skipping the valley scores when scrolling top 25 results? I wonder if there is a contractual reason for this since fox was carrying the games? If not, it is an epic fail for the conference not to receive that free publicity for it's marquee event in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              The number 3 team in the country went 7 minutes without a bucket tonight, it happens.
                              Was about to bring this up.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I agree, it's quite obvious that Jank wanted his team to play dirty from their post game presser. They used the word fight quite a few times and the coach was smiling so big when describing Wilkins' (dirty) performance. They couldn't beat us without playing that way and they knew it.

Also, is he on the verge of getting fired or something? He kept saying how much he loved his team and Illinois State. It was a little bit excessive.

Comment

Working...
                                X